Erik ten Hag reportedly has just £100million to spend on his Manchester United rebuild
Share this @internewscast.com


Erik ten Hag ‘may have only £100M to spend this summer before sales’ as his Man United re-building plans take a major hit… with the club determined to ‘avoid overpaying for their targets’ after ‘burning through cash’

  • Manchester United will kickstart their new era under Erik ten Hag on Monday 
  • Ten Hag’s players will report back to training, but United have made no signings 
  • Frenkie de Jong is a target, while a contract has been tabled to Christian Eriksen 
  • The Sun claim the club may spend just £100million this summer, before sales 

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has a £100million transfer war chest to spend this summer, reports claim, a figure which may deal a blow to his rebuilding plans. 

Ten Hag will start work at the club on Monday with his players set to report back for pre-season training, but United have so far been unable to add to his squad.

Reports have indicated that a deal is close for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong, while a contract offer has been tabled for Christian Eriksen, an in-demand free agent.

Erik ten Hag reportedly has just £100million to spend on his Manchester United rebuild

Erik ten Hag reportedly has just £100million to spend on his Manchester United rebuild

In his pub summit with furious supporters, CEO Richard Arnold insisted that money was ‘not a consideration’, although, according to The Sun, that is not the case.

The publication have claimed that the budget available to Ten Hag may be as little as £100m before any sales, although a number of players are set to be offloaded.

It is said that the tightening of their purse springs is a ‘major factor’ behind United’s move for Eriksen, who left Brentford at the end of last season after impressing.

Frenkie de Jong is a United target, but the Red Devils have so far been unable to seal the deal

Frenkie de Jong is a United target, but the Red Devils have so far been unable to seal the deal

The Red Devils, The Sun add, are aware that clubs are attempting to hold them for ransom, knowing full well they have a host of positions which need strengthening.

Arnold, however, is ‘tired’ of United overpaying for their targets.

They have also been hit by missing out on the Champions League, after their sixth-placed finish last season. Their failure will cost them up to £100m in lost revenue.

United have been frustrated in their pursuit of Ajax duo Antony and Jurrien Timber. 

United CEO Richard Arnold told supporters that money was not a 'consideration' this summer

United CEO Richard Arnold told supporters that money was not a ‘consideration’ this summer

Christian Eriksen has a contract offer from Old Trafford, but his future remains uncertain

Christian Eriksen has a contract offer from Old Trafford, but his future remains uncertain

The Eredivisie giants want £69m for the former, it is believed, while they have demanded around £50m for their defender, a sum United were not willing to pay. 

The Sun have even claimed the Red Devils expected his asking price to be half that. 

Arnold also told the protesting group that United have ‘burned through cash’ in the past, and the club appear determined to avoid similar errors during Ten Hag’s reign. 

Advertisement

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Aston Villa Provides Latest on Permanent Deal for Manchester United Striker

Aston Villa manager Unai Emery has insisted no decision has been made…

Matildas’ Tameka Yallop Reveals Surprising Family Announcement, Teammates Overjoyed

Matildas star Tameka Yallop has delighted her fans and teammates by revealing…

For victims of the Celtic Boys Club sexual abuse scandal, the journey to justice has been arduous and heartbreaking, but finally, some validation has been achieved.

The road to justice has been long, painful and insufferably cruel for…

Edoardo Bove’s teammate shares terrifying moment Fiorentina player collapsed from cardiac arrest: ‘I was staring into the eyes of a lifeless person’

Fiorentina star Robin Gosens has opened up on the terrifying moment his…

Man Utd Forms ‘Friendship Pact’ with Striker in Discussions with Arsenal

The “friendship pact” between Manchester United’s head coach Ruben Amorim and Viktor…

Arne Slot Advises Liverpool Players That Dedication is Key Ahead of Upcoming Clash with Everton

It felt like the first day back at school after half-term as…