Pep Guardiola has vowed to stay at the helm of Manchester City despite the club facing 115 charges over alleged financial breaches
Share this @internewscast.com


‘I am NOT moving from this seat!’: Pep Guardiola insists he wants to stay at Manchester City ‘more than ever’ with club facing 115 charges, despite previously vowing to leave if he was lied to about their financial affairs

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Pep Guardiola has vowed to stay at the helm of Manchester City with the club facing 115 charges over alleged financial breaches.

It comes despite the Man City boss previously stating he would walk out the door if he found out that he was being lied to about the club’s financial affairs. 

Speaking about the investigation into the club’s finances in May 2022, Guardiola said: ‘I said to them, “If you lie to me, I am not here. I will be out”,’ which has raised questions about whether a guilty verdict could end the Catalan’s time in charge.

However, speaking to the media for the first time after City were charged by the Premier League following the four-year investigation, Guardiola defiantly said: ‘I am not moving from this seat. I can assure you more than ever that I want to stay. More than ever. 

‘Sometimes I have doubts, seven years already is a long time. Now I don’t want to go. Not because people say “they lied to you Pep”. They didn’t lie to me. Look what happened with UEFA. It is the same case. Why should I don’t trust with my people? The CEOs of the 19 clubs, not my people.’

Pep Guardiola has vowed to stay at the helm of Manchester City despite the club facing 115 charges over alleged financial breaches

Pep Guardiola has vowed to stay at the helm of Manchester City despite the club facing 115 charges over alleged financial breaches

Pep Guardiola has vowed to stay at the helm of Manchester City despite the club facing 115 charges over alleged financial breaches

City are accused of breaching financial rules across nine seasons (Sheikh Mansour pictured speaking with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak)

City are accused of breaching financial rules across nine seasons (Sheikh Mansour pictured speaking with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak)

City are accused of breaching financial rules across nine seasons (Sheikh Mansour pictured speaking with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak) 

Guardiola passionately defended the club as they face serious scrutiny from the footballing world over their alleged breaches.

‘We have already been condemned. It is the same as what happened with UEFA. We had already accusations, now we have charges,’ Guardiola added.

‘The club proved we were completely innocent. They are just charges and accusations.

‘My chairman, owner, CEO explained everything that happened. You know what side I am on.’

Despite the pressure on the club, the Man City boss is adamant that they will be cleared, adding: ‘I’m fully convinced we’ll be innocent.

‘It’s the second time of this story. We lived it before two or three years ago. Between the words of the 19 teams or the words of my people, I’m sorry but I believe my people.’ 

City have been charged by Premier League over alleged financial breaches

City have been charged by Premier League over alleged financial breaches

If found guilty, Man City (Erling Haaland pictured) could face a points deduction or expulsion

Back in February 2020, the club were banned from the Champions League and fined £25million after they were found to have seriously misled European footballing governing body UEFA and broken financial fair play rules.

This was then lifted by the court of arbitration for sport which also reduced the club’s fine to £9m.

Guardiola was grilled by the media ahead of Man City’s Premier League clash with Aston Villa on Sunday, where he is sure that the off-field distractions won’t impact their performance as they chase down leaders Arsenal.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

It’s clear why Manchester City turned down Chelsea’s pursuit of Nico O’Reilly. Local talent poised to shine in Pep Guardiola’s squad overhaul.

Pep Guardiola was never going to let Nico O’Reilly leave quietly. As…

Rangers Must Avoid Losing Financial Opportunities with Raskin, as They Did with Butland and Others

Philippe Clement said some amount of stupid things during his ill-fated spell…

Aston Villa and Man City Discover Wembley Challengers

The most open FA Cup in years moves to the grand stage…

Wayne Rooney shares why he turned down offers from Real Madrid and Barcelona while advising Liverpool supporters to support Trent Alexander-Arnold

Wayne Rooney has revealed just how close he came to leaving Man…

Daniel Levy Responds to Tottenham Fans’ Criticism of Transfer Activity: Real Spending Figures Unveiled

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has hit back at fans amid claims he…

Hansi Flick Reacts to Carlo Ancelotti’s Remarks on Barcelona vs. Real Madrid Comparison

Barcelona’s manager, Hansi Flick, has attempted to ease the rising tension with…