Share this @internewscast.com

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Dan Burn has signed a new contract with Newcastle which will keep him at the club until 2025.

The defender – who hails from nearby Blyth – returned to his boyhood club in January 2022 after joining for £13million from Brighton.

Burn, 31, was originally in the youth academy at Newcastle before being released aged 11 and used to have a season ticket at St James’ Park.

After his new deal was announced, Burn said: ‘It means everything to me to play for this club and to sign a new contract. I said when I signed that I didn’t want this to be just a ‘stop-gap’ signing to keep us up – I wanted to be here for a long time. 

Dan Burn has signed a new contract with Newcastle which will keep him at the club until 2025

Dan Burn has signed a new contract with Newcastle which will keep him at the club until 2025

Dan Burn has signed a new contract with Newcastle which will keep him at the club until 2025 

Eddie Howe expressed his delight, while he hailed the defender's 'leadership' and 'hunger'

Eddie Howe expressed his delight, while he hailed the defender's 'leadership' and 'hunger'

Eddie Howe expressed his delight, while he hailed the defender’s ‘leadership’ and ‘hunger’ 

‘So personally it feels even more of an achievement signing this one than it was actually signing here in the first place. I’m delighted and looking forward to the next couple of seasons.’

Newcastle boss Howe also expressed his happiness at securing the long-term future of Burn, who has played every minute of the Magpies’ Premier League and Champions League matches so far this season.

He added: ‘Dan is a leader on and off the pitch so we are delighted he has extended his stay with us. He is a key part of our squad and has played a huge role in our progress since his arrival. 

‘He knows exactly what it means to represent this great club and is hungry to succeed, and that can only help the team and the club going forward.’

Burn’s high watermark since returning to the club was his goal in Newcastle’s 4-1 thumping over PSG in the Champions League earlier this month, while he also netted against Sheffield United in the Premier League. 

Burn follows in the footsteps of Bruno Guimaraes in committing his future to Newcastle

Burn follows in the footsteps of Bruno Guimaraes in committing his future to Newcastle

Burn follows in the footsteps of Bruno Guimaraes in committing his future to Newcastle

The 6ft 6ins defender scored a memorable goal in Newcastle's 4-1 win over PSG this month

The 6ft 6ins defender scored a memorable goal in Newcastle's 4-1 win over PSG this month

The 6ft 6ins defender scored a memorable goal in Newcastle’s 4-1 win over PSG this month

Burn – who has also played for Darlington, Fulham, Yeovil, Birmingham City, Wigan and Brighton in his career – was perhaps unfortunate not to make it into Gareth Southgate’s England squad for this month’s internationals given his impressive form. 

He is the latest senior player to commit his long-term future to Newcastle after Bruno Guimaraes agreed a new deal last week. 

The Brazilian midfielder penned a five-year contract until 2028, which includes a release clause of £100m. 

Newcastle return to action after the international break with a home game against Crystal Palace on October 21. 

IT’S ALL KICKING OFF! 

It’s All Kicking Off is an exciting new podcast from Mail Sport that promises a different take on Premier League football.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Juventus Erupts in Chaos: Chiellini’s Tunnel Row and Media Blackout Follow Controversial Referee Call in Inter Defeat

The fierce rivalry between Inter Milan and Juventus intensified on Saturday night…

Late Derby Triumph: Are Derek McInnes’ Hearts Destined for Championship Glory?

In a dramatic evening that seemed to suggest destiny favors Hearts in…

Eni Aluko Exposes Toxicity in British TV: Why She Quit After Controversial Clashes

Eni Aluko has described the British television industry as a “very toxic…

Katie Boulter’s Playful Congratulatory Message to Fiancé Alex de Minaur After Rotterdam Title Victory

Katie Boulter playfully reached out to her Australian partner, Alex de Minaur,…

Carlton Boss Michael Voss Forms Unexpected Bond After Chasing Down Alleged Car Thief During Morning Coffee Run

One morning, Michael Voss was on his usual coffee run when he…

Roberto De Zerbi Poised to Exit Marseille Amid Manchester United Interest: Premier League Clubs on High Alert

Reports from France suggest that Roberto De Zerbi is on the brink…

Richard Hammond’s Daughter Involved in Concrete Wall Collision During Formula E Race After Expressing Concerns

Izzy Hammond, the daughter of ex-Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond, experienced a…

Liverpool Financial Setback: Impact of Champions League Absence Unveiled; Jeremy Jacquet Faces Setback, but Positive Updates on Jeremie Frimpong and Joe Gomez’s Injuries

Liverpool could face a substantial financial setback of up to £200 million…