Share this @internewscast.com
The Israeli military issued orders on Monday for the evacuation of most of Rafah, indicating a potential new ground operation in the city following the end of its ceasefire with Hamas.
The evacuation orders seemed to encompass nearly all parts of the city and its surrounding areas. Civilians were instructed to move to Mawasi, where tent camps had been established along the coastline.
“The IDF is resuming intensive operations to dismantle the capabilities of terrorist organizations in these regions,” an Israeli Defense Forces spokesperson announced on X. “For your safety, please proceed immediately to the shelters in Al Mawasi.”
Earlier this month, Israel ended its ceasefire with Hamas and renewed its air and ground attacks against the terror group. In early March, Israel cut off all supplies and humanitarian aid to Gaza to pressure Hamas to accept changes to the ceasefire agreement.

Hassan Abu Sultan mourns over the body of her son Jehad, who, along with his wife and three children, was killed when an Israeli army strike hit their tent. (AP)
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that his country would take control of security in Gaza after the war and would impose President Donald Trump’s controversial proposal to resettle the territory’s civilians in other countries.
The proposal has been universally rejected by Palestinians, who view it as forcible displacement from their homeland. Human rights experts also say the plan would likely violate international law.
Hamas has insisted on moving forward with the signed ceasefire deal, which called for the remainder of the hostages to be released in exchange for a lasting ceasefire and Israel pulling its troops out of Gaza. Negotiations over those parts of the agreement were supposed to have begun in February after some hostages were freed in exchange for more than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli custody.

Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel’s prime minister, said Israel would take control of security in Gaza after the war and impose President Donald Trump’s plan to resettle the territory’s civilians in other countries. (REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun/Pool/File Photo)
The war began when Hamas launched an attack on Israel on Oct. 7, 2023, killing roughly 1,200 people and kidnapping another 251, most of whom have since been released in ceasefires or other deals.
More than 50,000 Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli military’s retaliation, according to the Hamas-run government’s Gaza Health Ministry, which does not differentiate between civilians and terrorists.
At the height of the war, roughly 90% of Gaza’s population had been displaced, and many had fled.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.