Pictured: Mother and her daughter, four, killed in fire at Grade-II listed former stationmaster's house recently under renovation
Share this @internewscast.com

A four-year-old girl, her mother and a man who died in a tragic fire at a historic home that was recently under renovation have been pictured for the first time.

Emma Conn, 30, and her daughter Mayci Fox, four – both from Desborough – died along with Louie Thorn, 23, at the property in the village of Rushton, near Kettering.

Emergency services rushed to the Grade II-listed former station master’s house in Northamptonshire at around 10.30pm on Friday. A fourth person was taken to hospital.

A 54-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder but he was released from custody with police saying they don’t believe there is any evidence of ‘criminal wrongdoing’.

Rev. Andy Giles, who led prayers for the family during a Mothering Sunday service, told of how the close-knit community are ‘extremely shocked and saddened’ by Friday night’s tragedy.

Drone photos show a large hole burned through the roof of the building, a 19th century former station master’s house at the now-closed Glendon and Rushton railway station.

A ladder leaning against a wall to a top bedroom window could also be seen, while floral tributes have been laid near the property.

The house, believed to be worth about £300,000, had been derelict for many years but recently undergone renovations. The owner of the house is believed to be a relation of the three victims.

Emma Conn, 30, and her daughter Mayci Fox, four, were both from Desborough

Emma Conn, 30, and her daughter Mayci Fox, four, were both from Desborough

Emma Conn, 30, her daughter Mayci Marion Fox - who celebrated her fourth birthday last October - are believed to have died in the fire

Emma Conn, 30, her daughter Mayci Marion Fox – who celebrated her fourth birthday last October – are believed to have died in the fire

Tributes were posted to Louie Thorn, 23, captioned 'forever 23'

Tributes were posted to Louie Thorn, 23, captioned ‘forever 23’

The little girl who sadly died in the tragic house fire with her mother and Mr Thorn

The little girl who sadly died in the tragic house fire with her mother and Mr Thorn

Aerial view of the historic former station house in Beswick Close, Rushton

Aerial view of the historic former station house in Beswick Close, Rushton

Shocking images show a large hole burned through the roof of the 19th-century building

Shocking images show a large hole burned through the roof of the 19th-century building

Beauty salon owner Ms Conn’s eight-year-old son wasn’t home when the fire broke out.

The inferno, which caused the roof to cave in, has devastated the close-knit community and left family and friends of the three victims ‘totally heartbroken.’

Just several weeks ago, Ms Conn posted on social media that ‘We’re just out here living our best lives’ as she shared happy photos of her dancing with little Mayci, dressed in matching navy and white striped outfits, and beaming at the camera.

She also told her followers how she was planning a trip to Egypt ‘where we can ride camels.’

Tributes have poured in on social media, with locals ‘sending big hugs’ to the families of the victims.

One family member posted a tribute to Mr Thorn, saying ‘forever 23’.

‘I can’t believe I’m writing this. Life is so cruel. You are the kindest soul ever to walk this earth. I wish I could have one more chat or hug with you.’ 

The salon where Ms Conn worked posted to cancel all of her appointments, thanking her customers for their understanding.

Mayci’s tearful great grandmother Marian Fox said the family was ‘totally heartbroken’ by the tragedy.

She said: ‘I have lost my beautiful great granddaughter in the fire and her mum. It is just so sad. I’m too upset to speak about it.

Ms Conn is pictured with her daughter Mayci

Ms Conn is pictured with her daughter Mayci

The residential property was previously derelict but had recently been completely renovated

The residential property was previously derelict but had recently been completely renovated

Pictured is the historic house before the devastating blaze ripped through the property

Pictured is the historic house before the devastating blaze ripped through the property

Police at the scene of the home in Rushton, near Kettering, where three people died after a horror house fire

Police at the scene of the home in Rushton, near Kettering, where three people died after a horror house fire

‘I don’t know what has happened. Police have arrested a man on suspicion of murder and are investigating.’

Mrs Fox, who lives in nearby Desborough, said her grandson Kyle Fox is Mayci’s father.

She said the girl’s brother Charlie had not been the house with his mum and sister but was ‘out for the evening.’

The vicar of All Saints Church In Rushton said yesterday: ‘We were praying for the family at our service this morning.

‘It is a close knit community, Rushton and the neighbouring parishes and this has affected many people.

‘They are extremely shocked and saddened. Our prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends.’

He said the church would stay open Sunday afternoon for ‘people to come together to pray and reflect.’

He said it was even ‘more poignant’ as it was Mother’s Day.

The Rev. Giles said that the family had been ‘doing up the house for several years.’

Shocked neighbours have told of their ‘horror’ after learning of the triple deaths.

One resident told how the inferno which engulfed the historic Grade-II listed property was ‘so ferocious’ that rescuers trying to free the trapped occupants were ‘kept back’ and three police officers helping fire crews were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

She said that mystery blaze had ‘devastated’ the community and some locals knew the family.

Barbara, a mother who declined to be fully named, said: ‘It is total shock and horror here. Some of us could see the flames sweeping up around the huge house.

‘It was a complete inferno and I can only imagine impossible to escape from.

An aerial view of the historic former station house in Beswick Close

An aerial view of the historic former station house in Beswick Close

The three victims of the horror village blaze on Friday evening were a four-year-old girl, a 30-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man

The three victims of the horror village blaze on Friday evening were a four-year-old girl, a 30-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man 

Specialist fire investigators and investigation dogs were sent to support police investigations into the cause of the flames

Specialist fire investigators and investigation dogs were sent to support police investigations into the cause of the flames

Pictured is the gaping hole in the roof after the tragic blaze

Pictured is the gaping hole in the roof after the tragic blaze

‘We had hoped and prayed no one was at home, and it was very distressing to find out that three people had lost their lives.

‘Our hearts go out to the families. It is a traumatic event to happen on our village, it is horrible.

‘I heard one or two children may be among the fatalities but it hasn’t been confirmed.

‘Residents who saw the flames were trying to get in before the emergency services arrived but were kept back by the ferocity of the fire. It is very distressing.’

The victims have not yet been named by police.

Emergency services raced to the blaze at renovated Station House in Beswick Close at about 10.30pm on Friday.

The property is next to the rail line and affected train services to London St Pancras on Saturday.

Mike Brightman, vice chairman of Rushton Parish Council, said: ‘It’s a very sad day for the village, losing some of our residents in such a horrific way.

He said: ‘As a parish council our support goes out the families affected.’

He told how the Glendon and Rushton 19th century ex railway station and master’s house – Grade II listed since 1981 – had been left derelict for many years and had been renovated and ‘done up into a very nice family home.’

Another resident said: ‘What’s happened is absolutely shocking. People were trying to forces their way in to help anyway maybe trapped.

‘There were emergency services everywhere – police, fire and ambulance.

‘The blaze was so severe and powerful that even a few of the police officers were injured – not burned, luckily, but they inhaled smoke.’

The man added: ‘It is very sad and the whole village is in shock.’

A worker at the local pub, The Thornhill Arms, said: ‘The village is distraught. People are absolutely traumatised.’

Northamptonshire Police and Northampton Fire and Rescue Service launched an investigation to determine how the blaze started.

Chief Inspector Paul Cash said previously: ‘On Friday evening, the emergency services were called to a devastating fire on Station Road, Rushton that has tragically resulted in the deaths of three people.

‘We believe them to be a four-year-old girl, a 30-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man.

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service were still damping down the blaze throughout Saturday

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service were still damping down the blaze throughout Saturday

Emergency services were called to the blaze at a historic Grade II-listed former station master's house in the village of Rushton, near Kettering, at around 10.30pm on Friday

Emergency services were called to the blaze at a historic Grade II-listed former station master’s house in the village of Rushton, near Kettering, at around 10.30pm on Friday 

Chief Inspector Paul Cash said emergency services were working in 'very difficult and dangerous conditions to safely and respectfully recover those who have died, and enable formal identification'

Chief Inspector Paul Cash said emergency services were working in ‘very difficult and dangerous conditions to safely and respectfully recover those who have died, and enable formal identification’ 

Emergency services at a property in Beswick Close, Rushton after three people died

Emergency services at a property in Beswick Close, Rushton after three people died

Drone photos show a large hole burned through the roof of the building, a 19th century former station master’s house at the now-closed Glendon and Rushton railway station

Drone photos show a large hole burned through the roof of the building, a 19th century former station master’s house at the now-closed Glendon and Rushton railway station

‘On behalf of everyone involved with responding to this fire, I would like to express our deepest and heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of those who died.’

He said a ‘thorough investigation’ is underway, in collaboration with Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service, ‘to find the answers that their loved ones need and deserve’.

The families involved are being kept updated through their family liaison officers, he explained: ‘Our thoughts will remain with all of them at this incredibly difficult time.’

He added: ‘Although the emergency services are well trained and prepared for challenging situations, a job like this is still incredibly difficult for us all.

‘Those who responded to this call-out on Friday night, both emergency services and local residents, did all they could to try and help, and I would like to highlight their incredibly brave and selfless efforts.

‘I know how hard it was for everyone involved that they could not do more and I know their thoughts are with everyone affected.’

He thanked the community in Rushton for their ‘support and patience’ while investigations continue.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Eerie Footage Captures ‘Suspect’ Gazing into Camera Before Allegedly Shooting Walgreens Employee Over Dislike for Large Pharmacies

HAUNTING footage shows an accused killer open fire in a Walgreens store…

Customers Leave Discriminatory Note for LAX Server

(KTLA) – A server at a restaurant in Los Angeles International Airport…

Texas Home Raid Leads to Over 40 Arrests

At least 40 individuals were taken into custody during a raid on…

Bus Driver Shares His Story About the Virginia Giuffre Accident That Nearly Proved Fatal

THE bus driver involved in a crash which allegedly left Virginia Giuffre…

‘Rick and Morty’ Season 8 Debuts May 25th: Complete Guide and Insights

Fans of Adult Swim’s hit animated series Rick and Morty have a…

Accidental Discovery of a 2,000-Year-Old Hidden Pyramid and Treasure Trove Leaves Experts Puzzled

A HIDDEN pyramid buried for 2,200 years has been unearthed alongside hoards…

Oliver Stone Discusses JFK: Numerous Details Remain Unclassified

Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone stresses that delving into President John F. Kennedy’s…

Anne Hathaway Celebrates Arsenal Victory, Excitedly Welcomes Bukayo Saka’s Return!

Hollywood royalty and die-hard Arsenal fan Anne Hathaway is making headlines once…

Judge Dismisses Corruption Case Against NYC Mayor Eric Adams, Clearing Jail Threat After Trump Involvement

NEW York City Mayor Eric Adams’ corruption case has been tossed out…

SJSO: ‘Operation Poison Control’ Leads to 23 Arrests and 326 Grams of Fentanyl Confiscated

The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office said Monday the amount of fentanyl…

USPS Customers Shocked as Mailbox Gets Wrapped in Plastic Following Missing Checks – Now an Extra Trip to the Post Office Required

USPS customers have been left scratching their heads after finding a post…

Netflix Kicks Off Production for Season 3 of ‘High Tides’ (Knokke Off)

The wait is over. Netflix has officially begun filming the highly anticipated…