Missing aid workers found in Gaza 'mass grave' following Israeli attacks
Share this @internewscast.com
In southern Gaza, the bodies of over a dozen aid workers have been discovered in what a United Nations agency termed a “mass grave”. This comes a week after their disappearance following operations by Israeli forces.
Among the 14 bodies found on Sunday in the southern Rafah area, eight were identified as members of the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS), five belonged to civil defence, and one was a UN agency staff member, according to a PRCS statement. Another PRCS medic was still missing on Monday.

Previously, the body of a fifteenth individual, a civil defence worker, was recovered last Thursday, after PRCS reported being initially blocked from accessing the site. CNN has contacted the Israeli military for comments.

Mourners react during the funeral of eight Red Crescent emergency responders, recovered in Rafah a week after an Israeli attack, in Deir al-Balah, Gaza Strip, on Monday, March 31, 2025.(AP Photo/Abdel Kareem Hana)

‘Health services must be protected’

International aid and humanitarian organisations have repeatedly condemned the Israeli military’s attacks on medical facilities and personnel.

“Even in the most complex conflict zones, there are rules. These rules of International Humanitarian Law could not be clearer – civilians must be protected; humanitarians must be protected. Health services must be protected,” Jagan Chapagain, Secretary General of the IFRC, said in a statement on Sunday.

Hospitals in Gaza, including Nasser Medical Complex, the largest operating hospital in the area, have been subjected to heavy bombardment and raids by Israeli forces accusing them of sheltering Hamas operatives.

About 400 aid workers, including teachers, doctors and nurses, have been killed in Israeli attacks in the enclave since October 7, 2023, according to OCHA’s latest update released Tuesday. The PRCS says the number of its staff killed in line of duty by Israeli forces in Gaza since October 2023 has now reached 27.

“The targeting of Red Crescent medics by the occupation can only be seen as a war crime under international humanitarian law, a law continually breached by the occupation with the world watching,” said PCRS.

Meanwhile, Gaza health officials said the death toll in Gaza since October 7 has surpassed 50,000, marking a grim milestone for a war with no end in sight.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

British Couple Described as ‘Ideal Neighbors’ in Murder-Suicide Case; Wife Had Previously Felt Unsafe in London Before Relocating to New Zealand, Says Local

The British couple found dead in an apparent murder-suicide in New Zealand have…

Trump Highlights Australian Beef on ‘Liberation Day’

U.S. President Donald Trump has indicated he intends to target Australian beef…

Reasons Behind Brad Pitt, 61, Facing Challenges in Maintaining Romance with Ines de Ramon, 32

Brad Pitt has been shooting the movie Heart Of The Beast in New…

Queensland Woman Requests Medical Evidence in Girl Torture Case

A woman charged with assaulting, torturing, and neglecting a four-year-old child over…

Prosecutors Plan to Challenge Sentence of Kristian White Following Taser Death of Great-Grandmother

The Director of Public Prosecutors plans to challenge the sentence given to…

Trump’s Plans for Today’s ‘Liberation Day’ Countdown

In a matter of hours, US President Donald Trump is set to…

Tragic Incident: British Couple Discovered Deceased in New Zealand, Suspected Murder-Suicide

A British couple were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide at their…

Not even the AEC is aware of the number of ‘donkey votes’ cast during elections

Some will do this intentionally, while others will cast one without even…

All the Newly Announced Games for the Nintendo Switch 2

Nintendo is bringing out the big guns for the launch of the…

Concerns Arise About Electric Buses Being Powered by Diesel Generators

A collection of electric buses owned by a contractor for Transport NSW…