Missing child's body found in St. Johns River 10 days after Jacksonville boating disaster
Share this @internewscast.com

Jacksonville father Cristian Marin was killed, along with his mother and 2 children, after their boat capsized, with 3-year-old Victoria the last to be found.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The last person missing – a three-year-old girl – in the March 21 boating disaster that sent eight people into the St. Johns River was found dead Monday, bringing the final death toll to four, according to the Duval County Medical Examiner’s Office. 

She was pulled out of the river in the Tallyrand area.

The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission says construction crews working near the port of the north side of the St. Johns River found the body near the shoreline.

FWC said an FWC patrol vessel conducting surface searches in the area responded and the medical examiner recovered the body.

“This is an active investigation; we’ll provide additional details when available,” FWC said in a statement. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim’s family during this difficult time.”

She was pulled out of the river in the Tallyrand area. No other details are available at this time. 

A family friend also shared with First Coast News that the child, Victoria Marin, had been found. 

Victoria had been missing since the accident. Her father, Jacksonville real-estate agent Cristian Marin, grandmother and sibling were already recovered.

Four others, including the children’s mother, survived the accident. 

The search for Victoria has been ongoing since the accident, with multiple agencies utilizing dive teams and sonar technology to try to find her. Last week, Jacksonville Fire & Rescue Captain Eric Prosswimmer told First Coast News, “We are doing everything we possibly can to bring an end to this.” 

What happened?

The Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville was notified about a capsized boat near the Dames Point Bridge in Jacksonville around 7 p.m. March 21, and alerted other agencies to respond.

JFRD said crews responded to the area around 8 p.m. with multiple people in the water.

Crews responded with four rescue boats to the scene, rescuing four people who were aboard an 18-foot boat from the water.

JFRD said crews were told four other people were still missing, including two children, prompting a search. (All of those missing have now been found.) 

The Coast Guard said no one aboard the vessel was reportedly wearing lifejackets.

A GoFundMe has been created to help the family.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Missouri Representative Warns Residents of Tariff Impact

Missouri Congressman Jason Smith, the Republican chairman of the House Ways and…

Trump’s Tariffs Threaten Numerous British Jobs: Has Keir’s Diplomatic Effort with the US Actually Benefited the UK?

BRITAIN’S 10 per cent tariff hit is causing mixed feelings in the…

Amazon Attempts Eleventh-Hour Purchase of TikTok with U.S. Ban Looming if Chinese Ownership Persists

AMAZON has reportedly made a last-minute bid to purchase TikTok just three…

‘First Look: ‘M3GAN 2.0′ Introduces Killer Doll vs. Ruthless A.I. Emilia at CinemaCon’

Billboard Women in Music 2025 “Hang on to your vaginas,” says Megan…

Kristen Wiig and Gloria Estefan Cast in ‘Gabby’s Dollhouse: The Movie’ – Announced at CinemaCon

Billboard Women in Music 2025 Kristen Wiig and Gloria Estefan have joined…

‘Coronation Street’s Icon Julie Goodyear Featured in Rare Photo Shared by Husband Amid Dementia News’

Coronation Street star Julie Goodyear’s husband has posted a new picture of…

‘White Lotus’ Composer Opts Out of Fourth Season Due to Creative Differences: “We’ve Already Had Our Final Conflict”

White Lotus composer Cristobal Tapia de Veer has said season three of…

“Carrie Coon Responds to Meghan McCain’s Criticism Amid Controversy Over Trump Support”

The White Lotus star Carrie Coon has clapped back at Meghan McCain amid the…

Ex-Principal Faces Numerous Legal Charges

A former Principal at Sussex Central High School (SCHS) has been taken…

Elon Musk Unexpectedly Resigns from DOGE Leadership Following Trump’s Private Concerns

President Donald Trump has told his Cabinet and inner circle that Elon…

CinemaCon Unveils BTS Clip Featuring Blonde Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man in ‘Masters Of The Universe’

The Travis Knight-directed take on Masters of the Universe showed off a…

Thousands of UK Jobs Threatened by Trump’s Trade War; EU Faces Greater Impact as PM Warns of Economic Consequences, Brussels Pledges Retaliation

Keir Starmer warned of an ‘economic impact’ from Donald Trump’s trade war…