Chris Brown’s $500 Million Battle Over ‘Abuser’ Claim Heats Up
Share this @internewscast.com

Chris Brown‘s $500 million lawsuit against the makers of a documentary that described him as a “serial rapist and sexual abuser” intensified in court this week, In Touch has exclusively revealed.

Based on court documents obtained by In Touch, Ample, the company responsible for producing the documentary Chris Brown: A History of Violence which aired on Discovery earlier this year, along with Warner Bros., the parent company of Discovery, responded to Chris’ lawsuit.

The producers rejected all accusations of misconduct. Ample, Warner Bros., and one of the individual producers defended themselves by citing free speech.

Chris Brown
Prince Williams/WireImage

Their lawyer argued, “[Chris’] claims are barred, in whole or in part, to the extent that any statements and/or alleged implications that form the basis for the claims could be interpreted as asserting verifiable facts, those facts are not materially false and/or are substantially true.”

In addition, the producers said, “Plaintiff’s claims are barred, in whole or in part, because he is a public figure and Defendants did not publish any false statement or implication about him with constitutional actual malice.”

The producers denied Chris, 35, “suffered emotional distress as a result of their actions.”

The defendants demanded the entire suit be tossed and Chris be on the hook for their legal fees.

Back in January, Chris filed a bombshell lawsuit demanding a nine-figure judgment for the alleged defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Chris said Discovery aired the documentary on October 27, 2024, despite being put on notice by his legal team they were “promoting and publishing false information in their pursuit of likes, clicks, downloads and dollars to the detriment of Chris Brown.”

His suit alleged, “They did so after being provided proof that their information was false, and their storytelling ‘Jane Doe’ had not only been discredited over and over but was in fact a perpetrator of intimate partner violence and aggression herself.”

Chris’ lawyer added, “Mr. Brown has never been found guilty of any sex related crime (rape, sexual battery, sexual assault etc.) but this documentary states in every available fashion that he is a serial rapist and sexual abuser.”

He accused the alleged victim, who used the pseudonym “Jane Doe,” along with the producers, of completely disregarding the facts “In an attempt for fame and fortune, all at a cost of Chris Brown and the reputation he has worked diligently in redeeming over the last decade.”

Chris said he has acknowledged and addressed his past mistakes, and has grown from those experiences.

Chris Brown
Marcus Ingram / Getty

The singer said the documentary featured several accusers who had been proven to be making up stuff.

He said one of the women in the documentary brought a “frivolous” lawsuit against him in 2022, where her claims were determined to be “entirely fabricated,” which led to her legal team dropping her and the case being dismissed.

He said producers portrayed her as credible and ignored her established “lack of veracity.”

Chris said despite the producers being put on notice, they persisted in releasing the film.

“By doing so, the defendants have demonstrated a blatant disregard for journalistic integrity and truth. Their actions exhibit actual malice, as they prioritized profit over facts, ignoring public available court records and other credible evidence.”

Chris claimed the statements made by one accuser claiming he raped her was defamatory.

Other statements he took issue with included: Chris Brown has a “predisposition for punching women in the fact” and any accusation he manipulated or deleted texts when he provided evidence to the police regarding Jane Doe.

The case is ongoing.

As In Touch first reported, Chris is in the middle of a $90 million lawsuit over an alleged dog attack at his home.

He denied all allegations of wrongdoing in the case filed by his ex-housekeeper, who claims she suffered permanent disfigurement from the incident that went down at the entertainer’s Los Angeles home.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Yul Edochie Encourages Fans to Make a Memorable Impact

Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has a message for those who are not…

“Ruling My Heart: Bimbo Ademoye Honors ‘Mother’ Uduak Isong on Her Birthday”

Nollywood actress Bimbo Ademoye has taken to her page to celebrate the…

Deborah Norville Leaving ‘Inside Edition’ After 30 Years to Launch New Syndicated Game Show

Billboard Women in Music 2025 “Inside Edition” anchor Deborah Norville is departing…

Erik Per Sullivan from “Malcolm in the Middle” Makes First Public Appearance in 18 Years

Erik Per Sullivan has kept his personal life private since retiring from…

Creators of ‘Last of Us’ and ‘Fallout’ Discuss the Future of High-Quality TV Adaptations and Their Influence on the Gaming Industry Before the BAFTA Games Awards: ‘The Scale of These Projects Demands Time’

The 2025 BAFTA Games Awards will air April 8 — just after…

Teacher Accused of Initiating Sexual Relationship With Student Through School App, According to Police

Illinois Teacher Cops Allege Classroom Sex With Student Published April 3, 2025…

Emma Stone Sports a New Look in ‘Bugonia’ Clips as Wes Anderson Unveils ‘Phoenician Scheme’ Trailer at CinemaCon

Billboard Women in Music 2025 Wes Anderson brought the impossibly twee “The…

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson’s Unwavering Support for Son Chet Through Addiction Struggles

Up until a short while ago, he was primarily identified as Chet…

Gaumont Elevates Alexis Cassanet to Executive VP of Global Distribution and Joint Productions

Gaumont has promoted Alexis Cassanet to the position of executive VP of international distribution…

Ole Miss Student Claims Nobody Apologized for Viral Rumor

Mary Kate Cornett says “no one” has apologized for spreading a salacious…

Danny Trejo Praises Val Kilmer as a Perfectionist, Not a Diva

Danny Trejo Rumors of Val Kilmer Being a Diva Are BS ……

Is Elon Musk Preparing to Leave DOGE After Losing in Wisconsin’s Supreme Court?

Reading Time: 3 minutes A special election for the Wisconsin State Supreme…