Share this @internewscast.com
Police removed a 7-year-old from their Florida home after discovering two adults had sexually abused the child for two years, according to a news release.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — A 7-year-old child was removed from their Florida home after detectives discovered the child had been sexually abused by two adults for approximately two years, police announced Thursday.
The Daytona Beach Police Department joined the Dept. of Children and Families at a Daytona Beach home on Jan. 28 after receiving an anonymous tip about possible sexual abuse of a child. The child was removed from the home as the investigation continued.
The police department worked closely with child protective services during the investigation and after multiple interviews and speaking to all parties, they arrested two individuals.
Investigators said there was probable cause to believe that Katie D. Dunlop and Marc A. Bowen “worked together to commit acts of sexual battery on the victim.”
The police department said the two sexually abused the 7-year-old multiple times over an approximate two-year span.
Dunlop and Bowen were arrested and transported to the Volusia County jail, where they are being held without bond.