Share this @internewscast.com
Police say 18-year-old Robert Polk and other suspects used earpieces and two-way radios to coordinate the street takeovers in Cleveland on Sept. 28-29, 2024.
CLEVELAND — An 18-year-old man who police say was one of the “primary organizers” of last September’s street takeovers in Cleveland pleaded guilty to multiple charges earlier this week.
According to a release from the Cleveland Division of Police, Strongsville resident Robert Polk admitted to felony charges of aggravated riot, disrupting public services and possessing criminal tools on Tuesday.
According to police, Polk was an “active promoter, organizer, and participant” in the street takeovers. An investigation found he and other suspects used earpieces and two-way radios to communicate and coordinate their actions, police said. The suspects hid their identities by wearing masks and taking license plates off their vehicles.
“Street takeovers are a form of urban terrorism. He will be held accountable,” said Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley.


Shortly after the incidents, which were just weeks after a similar street takeover in Ohio City, Cleveland police launched a street takeover task force to arrest suspects and tow and confiscate vehicles involved.
“If you were involved in these street takeover activities, the Cleveland Police will be coming to your door sooner or later,” said Cleveland Police Chief Annie Todd in a statement. “We took a top-to-bottom approach, aggressively and meticulously followed every lead, tip, and piece of evidence, ensuring that those responsible were brought to justice. This conviction proves our resolve.”
Polk is set to be sentenced on the morning of Tuesday, April 29.