Satellite image of a North Korean warship in a harbor.
Share this @internewscast.com

TYRANT Kim Jong-un has slammed a “serious accident” at the launch of his new 5,000-ton warship after it was “crushed” and left lying on its side.

The humiliated North Korean dictator branded the catastrophic launch as a “criminal act” which could not be tolerated.

Satellite image of a North Korean warship in a harbor.
A new North Korean warship at the harbour ahead of its catastrophic launchCredit: AFP
Kim Jong-Un speaking at a meeting.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un described the failed launch as a ‘criminal act’Credit: EPA
Launch ceremony of a North Korean warship.
The Choe Hyon is said to be capable of housing a vertical launchpad which can fire nuclear missilesCredit: Credit: Pen News
North Korean navy warship at sea.
The disastrous launch came after Kim launched a destroyer of the same class, Choe Hyon, last monthCredit: Credit: Pen News
Illustration of Kim Jong-un and his new warship, a destroyer.

The rare admission of failure came after the fuming despot witnessed the disastrous spectacle in the port city of Chongjin on Wednesday.

Mortified Kim watched on in horror as the mega vessel appeared to go off balance during its launch ceremony.

The furious leader said it brought shame to the nation’s prestige, and vowed to punish those found responsible.

North Korea’s state broadcaster said a malfunction caused the stern of the colossal destroyer to slide prematurely into the water.

It crushed parts of the hull and left the bow stranded on the shipway.

But the broadcaster did not report any casualties or injuries as a result of the blunder.

Raging Kim branded the failed launch a “criminal act” and blamed the mishap on “absolute carelessness” by multiple state institutions.

He added that the “irresponsible errors” of those involved will be dealt with.

The seething dictator demanded that repairs on the warship be completed before June this year.

It is currently unclear what punishment exactly the hermit kingdom’s leader will unleash upon those deemed at fault.

US Demonstrates Military Power Over Korean Peninsula Amid Rising Tensions

The menacing vessel is now lying on its side in the water according to South Korean military analysis.

Naval analysts say the damage done to the vessel in such a launch malfunction could be “catastrophic”.

State media did not immediately release images of the accident.

The launch failure marks a huge setback for Kim, who has recently been ramping up naval modernization in a stark warning to the west.

Last month, the tyrant unveiled North Korea’s largest naval destroyer yet that could house a vertical launchpad capable of firing nuclear missiles.

Kim Jong Un and his daughter at a North Korean warship launch ceremony.
Kim Jong Un and his daughter Ju Ae attending the launch ceremony of a newly-built destroyer at the Nampo port in AprilCredit: AFP
Television screen showing satellite image of North Korean warship launch accident.
South Korean news showed footage of the warship at the harbourCredit: AFP

Dubbed the Choe Hyon, it is believed to be the same 5,000-ton class ship as the one which spectacularly failed on Wednesday.

The mighty 5,000-tonne warship is expected to substantially boost North Korea‘s naval capabilities.

The state media of North Korea, which operates as a key propaganda outlet for Kim, announced that the new ship is armed with the “most powerful weapons”.

The ship is named after anti-Japanese revolutionary fighter Choe Hyon, the report said.

Weighing more than 5,000 tonnes, this destroyer is poised to be the largest warship in the North Korean navy, overtaking the current largest ship, a 1,360-tonne frigate.

Earlier reports indicated that this new class of North Korean warship could host numerous vertical launch cells meant to deploy missiles already developed by its military.

Military analysts say these launchers will be capable of firing guided cruise missiles, which North Korea says could carry nuclear warheads.

Footage from North Korea’s state-run television KRT showed Kim arriving in Nampho with his daughter Ju Ae after travelling to the western port city by train.

Kim, in a speech from the launch reported by KCNA, said the warship would be handed over to the navy and go into service early next year.

North Korean warship launch ceremony.
Last month the tyrant unveiled North Korea’s largest naval destroyer yet in an extravagant ceremonyCredit: Credit: Pen News
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Chicago Public Schools policy allows unlimited absences for illegal alien children amid ICE operations

Chicago Public Schools Introduces Flexible Absence Policy for Undocumented Students During ICE Activities

EXCLUSIVE ON FOX: Chicago Public Schools (CPS) have implemented a policy granting…
Rangers fail to duplicate road success at MSG, fall to 2-8-1 at home after loss to Lightning

Rangers Struggle to Replicate Road Triumphs at MSG, Suffer 2-8-1 Home Record with Loss to Lightning

By Allan Kreda The New York Rangers are currently leading the NHL…
Ice skating in the Sunshine state: rink opens under Fuller Warren Bridge

Florida’s New Ice Skating Rink Debuts Under Fuller Warren Bridge: A Cool Escape in the Sunshine State

Ice skating enthusiasts can glide across the public rink until January 19th.…
Rioters throw trash, garbage cans at ICE vehicles in New York City; multiple arrests

New York City Chaos: Rioters Target ICE Vehicles with Trash Barrage, Prompting Multiple Arrests

Authorities have confirmed that multiple arrests took place on Saturday following an…
New White House Media Bias Website Just Turned On the Floodlights

White House Launches Comprehensive Media Bias Website to Illuminate News Reporting

President Donald Trump, at his core, remains a marketing strategist. His sharp…
New Hulu special fuses fashion and science to commemorate World AIDS Day

Hulu’s Unique Special Blends Fashion with Science in Honor of World AIDS Day

Fashion designers have long been recognized for their ability to weave narratives…
Texas girl rescued after sand hole she was digging collapses, burying her

Heroic Rescue: Texas Girl Saved After Sand Hole Collapse During Beach Outing

A 12-year-old girl found herself in a perilous situation in Texas when…
CIA‑Linked Zero Unit Fighter Accused of Killing DC National Guard

Shocking Allegations: CIA-Linked Operative Tied to DC National Guard’s Fatal Incident

A former CIA-backed Afghan commando accused of gunning down two West Virginia…
Asking Eric: Husband does housework while wife plays online games

Role Reversal: How One Husband’s Chores Empower His Wife’s Gaming Passion

Dear Eric, I am a 47-year-old man who has been married to…
Apple TV pulls show ahead of premiere over plagiarism accusations

Apple TV Halts Show Launch Amidst Controversy: Plagiarism Allegations Unveiled

The release of the French thriller “The Hunt” on Apple TV has…
Afghan National Freed Under Biden Program Arrested After TikTok Bomb Threat in Fort Worth

Controversial Release: Afghan National’s TikTok Bomb Threat Shakes Fort Worth After Biden Program Grant

An Afghan national, who entered the United States through President Biden’s Operation…
Hegseth slams report on boat strike targeting attack survivors, denies war crimes

Hegseth Criticizes Allegations of Boat Strike on Attack Survivors, Refutes War Crime Claims

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has vehemently dismissed allegations suggesting that he commanded…