Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Two Escapees Caught After Fleeing New Jersey Immigration Facility; Two Remain Missing
  • Local news

Two Escapees Caught After Fleeing New Jersey Immigration Facility; Two Remain Missing

  • 2 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
2 detainees recaptured after escape from New Jersey immigration detention center, 2 still at large

Up next

Mom upset over soiled diaper gives son deadly hot bath: Cops

Mother Mad About Dirty Diaper Gives Son Scalding Bath, Resulting in Tragic Death: Police Report

Published on 15 June 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0

Two Escapees Caught After Fleeing New Jersey Immigration Facility; Two Remain Missing

NEWARK, N.J. – Authorities announced on Sunday that two of the four detainees who broke out of a federal immigration facility in New Jersey last week have been apprehended. Two more remain elusive, according to the FBI.

The escape took place at the Delaney Hall detention center in Newark, where the four individuals exploited reports of chaos to their advantage, breaking through both an interior and an exterior wall, ultimately making their exit via a parking lot. This information was provided by both U.S. Sen. Andy Kim, a Democrat from New Jersey, and Homeland Security officials.

According to the FBI, Joel Enrique Sandoval-Lopez and Joan Sebastian Castaneda-Lozada have been re-detained since Friday, while Franklin Norberto Bautista-Reyes and Andres Felipe Pineda-Mogollon remain at large. Details regarding the location or method of the recapture were not immediately disclosed. Homeland Security officials stated that all four men were undocumented and had prior criminal charges filed against them by authorities in New Jersey and New York City.

Sandoval-Lopez, from Honduras, was charged with unlawful possession of a handgun in October and aggravated assault in February, officials said. Castaneda-Lozada, from Colombia, was charged with burglary, theft and conspiracy, authorities said.

Bautista-Reyes, from Honduras, was charged in May with aggravated assault, attempt to cause bodily injury, terroristic threats and a weapon crime. Pineda-Mogollon, from Colombia, was charged with minor larceny and burglary crimes. The FBI has announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of each man.

A spokesperson for the New Jersey public defenders’ office, which represented Sandoval-Lopez, did not immediately return an email seeking comment Sunday. Attorney information for the other three men could not be located on online court records.

Newark’s mayor, Ras Baraka, a Democrat who’s been critical of President Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown, cited reports of a possible uprising and escape after disorder broke out at the facility Thursday night and protesters outside the center locked arms and pushed against barricades as vehicles passed through gates. Much is still unclear about what unfolded there.

But GEO Group, the company that owns and operates the detention facility for the federal government, said in a statement that there was “no widespread unrest” at the facility.

Delaney Hall has been the site of clashes this year between Democratic officials who say the facility needs more oversight and the Trump administration and those who run the facility.

Baraka was arrested May 9, handcuffed and charged with trespassing. The charge was later dropped and U.S. Democratic Rep. LaMonica McIver was later charged with assaulting federal officers stemming from a skirmish that happened outside the facility. She has denied the charges.

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Trump Urges Court to Block BBC Request for Family Records in Defamation Case - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Urges Court to Block BBC Request for Family Records in Defamation Case

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is asking a federal judge to deny…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History

LENOX, Mass. – Musicians with the Boston Symphony Orchestra have authorized what…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. – A razor-thin Republican primary contest for Florida’s Congressional…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Congo Receives Over 16,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Amid Unprecedented Outbreak - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Congo Receives Over 16,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Amid Unprecedented Outbreak

BUNIA – Congo has taken delivery of more than 16,000 doses of…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Conjoined Twin Girls Die After Fifth Separation Surgery Fails - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Conjoined Twin Girls Die After Fifth Separation Surgery Fails

Two-year-old conjoined twin sisters tragically died during a highly complex separation…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Sophie Cunningham Supporters and Critics Rally Outside NYC Arena During Liberty-Fever Game Amid Trans Controversy - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Sophie Cunningham Supporters and Critics Rally Outside NYC Arena During Liberty-Fever Game Amid Trans Controversy

Competing protests broke out outside the New York Liberty’s Saturday matchup at…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History

LENOX, Mass. – Musicians with the Boston Symphony Orchestra have authorized what…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Beloved Kids’ Entertainer Speaks Out After Psychiatric Hold - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Beloved Kids’ Entertainer Speaks Out After Psychiatric Hold

Beloved children’s entertainer Mychal Threets has spoken publicly for the first…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.