Report: Iran Fires at U.S. Bases in Qatar, Iraq; Missiles Intercepted

Iran fired ballistic missiles at U.S. bases in Qatar and Iraq on Monday, according to reports from the region, though the missiles were apparently intercepted without doing damage.

Iranian state television apparently confirmed the launch of at least ten ballistic missiles.

Iran had been threatening retaliation against U.S. bases in the Middle East in retaliation for the U.S. attack this weekend on Iran’s nuclear sites at Fordow, Isfahan, and Natanz.

The U.S. had moved air and naval assets out of harm’s way in anticipation.

Iran claimed that it had actually hit Al-Udeid base, a major U.S. base in Qatar.

President Donald Trump had spoken to American troops at the base during his Middle East visit earlier this year. The U.S. moved air assets away from the base last week, apparently in anticipation of an attack (or retaliation for a U.S. strike on Iran).

Likewise, the U.S. Navy had dispersed ships that had been docked in Bahrain, minimizing the risk of damage.

The Jerusalem Post reported:

Iran on Monday night fired 10 ballistic missiles at the US Central Command (CENTCOM)’s Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar and one ballistic missile at an American base in Iraq in retaliation for Washington’s attack on three Iranian nuclear sites on Sunday morning, multiple sources told The Jerusalem Post.

Social media showed a slew of anti missile interceptors fired by American forces to try to shoot down the threats and explosions were heard over Doha, Qatar’s capital on Monday evening.

Air defense systems were activated in Ain al-Asad Air Base in Iraq, a US military source told Reuters. A maximum alert status was declared with personnel ordered to take shelter in bunkers, the source added.

President Donald Trump had threatened massive retaliation against Iran in the event that it attacked U.S. bases or Americans anywhere in the world. Those threats came before the U.S. attack on Iran’s nuclear sites.

However, in the event of a perfunctory response by Iran, Trump might decide not to respond in turn. That was his approach after the U.S. killed Iranian terror general Qasem Soleimani in 2020.

When Iran launched missiles against a U.S. base in Iraq, without killing soldiers, Trump decided not to respond — though his rival, then-candidate Joe Biden, accused Trump of having ignored head injuries to American troops on the base.

In that vein, the New York Times reported Monday: “Three Iranian officials familiar with the plans said that Iran gave advanced notice to Qatari officials that attacks were coming, as a way to minimize casualties.”

Qatar confirmed that it had been attacked, and protested against what it called a violation of its sovereignty. It also found a way to blame “Israeli escalation in the reggion” for the Iranian attack on a U.S. base.

This story is developing.

You May Also Like

Pippa Middleton Told to Remove ‘Unsightly’ Estate Car Park

Pippa Middleton has been told to remove a car park built without…

Trump Orders Scaled-Back U.S. Military Drills With South Korea

President Donald Trump has directed the Pentagon to significantly reduce planned joint…

Hurricane Lala Leaves at Least One Dead in Hawaii as Powerful Storm Hits Islands

One person has died in a storm-related incident after Hurricane Lala lashed…

Hayden Panettiere’s Final Instagram Post Resurfaces

Hayden Panettiere’s recent Instagram activity drew attention after she shared a black-and-white…

Miracle as Girl Survives Basement Drowning During Floods

A two-year-old Indiana girl is fighting her way back after a terrifying…

Courtney Love Says She ‘Almost Died’ in Harrowing Health Battle

Courtney Love said this week that she came dangerously close to dying…

Family Demands $105M From NYC After Central Park Horse Kills Son

The family of an 18-year-old tourist who died after a Central Park…

Travis Kelce Arrives for First Chiefs Game Since Swift Wedding

Travis Kelce made a stylish return to Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday, proudly…

Iran Offered $30,000 Bounties to Kill or Capture U.S. Soldiers, Army Chief Says

Iran’s top military commander has announced a $30,000 bounty for anyone who…

Trump Orders Pentagon to Scale Back South Korea War Games

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he has directed the Pentagon to…

Ukraine’s Massive Aerial Assault on Russia Leaves at Least 6 Dead

Ukraine carried out one of its most expansive drone assaults on Russia…

Florida Parents Accused of Killing Newborn, Playing Call of Duty

A Florida couple accused of fatally shaking their infant daughter went on…