An investigation is underway after a man was assaulted by armed intruders before he was thrown into a car, and his house was set on fire in Yea, Victoria.
Share this @internewscast.com
Authorities suspect that the perpetrators behind a “cowardly attack” that left a Victorian farmer badly hurt and his house burned down last week might have mistakenly targeted an innocent individual.

The 68-year-old was attacked, forced into the trunk of his own vehicle, and covered in petrol on his farm along the Melba Highway in Yea on June 23.

Detectives claim three unknown offenders armed with two guns and a machete confronted the man after knocking on his front door about 1.15am.

An investigation is underway after a man was assaulted by armed intruders before he was thrown into a car, and his house was set on fire in Yea, Victoria.
The man was assaulted by armed intruders before he was thrown into a car, and his house was set on fire in Yea. (Nine)

After failing to comply with their demands for cash and a firearm, the victim was blindfolded and assaulted, police allege.

He was then dragged out of his rural farm property and forced into the boot of his own vehicle.

Subsequently, one offender drove the vehicle up the driveway, removed the man from the car, and took him to a nearby field, where he reportedly faced more assaults.

The victim was then doused in petrol and held at gunpoint while his house was set ablaze, police allege.

The home was destroyed by the blaze.

Armed intruders allegedly stormed a home in Yea, in regional Victoria, before throwing him into his car boot and burning his house to the ground.
Police described the attack as “extremely vicious, violent, and cowardly”. (Nine)

The offenders fled the scene in another vehicle, allegedly taking three of the victims’ firearms with them.

The victim sustained significant lacerations to the back of his head, a broken finger, and injuries to his hands.

Police believe he was also pistol-whipped during the ordeal.

“This vicious, brutal, and cowardly attack on an elderly man living alone in an isolated area requires the public’s help to identify the three attackers,” Detective Sergeant Flyn Loughlin stated.

“He will recover physically. I don’t know how anyone recovers quickly from an attack on you in the sanctity of your own home.

“I don’t know how you ever recover from that emotionally.”

The man sustained lacerations to his head and hands and a broken finger during the ordeal.
The man sustained lacerations to his head and hands and a broken finger during the ordeal. (Nine)

No arrests have been made at this stage.

The three offenders are perceived to be Middle Eastern in appearance and are believed to have spoken in Arabic during the incident.

It is “likely and possible” that the farmer and his home were not the intended victims.

”We’re continuing to investigate the circumstances and the possibility that these offenders have incorrectly targeted the wrong house and wrong intended victim – a victim who was unable to meet their specific demands,” Loughlin said.

Police are urging an anonymous Crime Stoppers caller who provided information relating to the attack to again reach out.

“We’re urging an anonymous caller to Crime Stoppers who recently provided us with information regarding the incident to make further contact and provide any additional details,” Loughlin said.

Anyone who witnessed the incident, has CCTV or dashcam footage or information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report online at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…
President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela greets his supporters during a rally to commemorate Indigenous Resistance Day on October 12, 2025 in Caracas, Venezuela.

Trump Urges Caution: Advises Treating Venezuelan Airspace as Off-Limits

President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the airspace “above and surrounding”…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…
The train station art was labelled 'AI slop'

Sydney Train Station Takes Down Controversial ‘AI Slop’ Mural Following Public Outcry

A mural at Sydney’s Redfern train station has been taken down after…

Nationwide Passport System Glitch Strands Thousands: What Travelers Need to Know Now

Travellers going through Australian airports were temporarily delayed on Sunday after a…
Jetstar

Jetstar Passengers Face New Delays Amid Urgent Airbus Repairs

Thousands of Airbus aircraft are currently grounded due to a major recall,…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…
Melburnians flocked to the newly opened Melbourne Metro Tunnel today.

Melbourne Metro Tunnel Opens After Years of Delays: Navigating Initial Challenges for Commuters

This morning marked the debut of Melbourne’s Metro Tunnel to commuters, although…