Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news 8 Bands Torn Apart by Legal Battles: It’s Not Just About Jane’s Addiction
  • Local news

8 Bands Torn Apart by Legal Battles: It’s Not Just About Jane’s Addiction

  • 4 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
8 bands divided by lawsuits: It's not just Jane's Addiction

Up next

Wait, So Supergirl's A Party Girl Now? We Explain...

Is Supergirl Living the Party Life? Here’s What You Need to Know…

Published on 17 July 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0

8 Bands Torn Apart by Legal Battles: It’s Not Just About Jane’s Addiction

Bands behaving badly? It’s only rock ’n’ roll.

On Wednesday, alternative rock band Jane’s Addiction members launched legal actions against each other concerning a physical altercation between singer Perry Farrell and guitarist Dave Navarro during a Boston concert last year. This incident led to the cancellation of their remaining reunion tour dates and an album they had planned to release.

This follows a well-known pattern of bandmates engaging in lawsuits with one another, transforming their personal and professional discord from the music studio to the legal arena. Here, we explore several notable examples.

Jane’s Addiction

THE INCIDENT: In Los Angeles Superior Court, Navarro, drummer Stephen Perkins, and bassist Eric Avery filed a lawsuit against Farrell, seeking at least $10 million. They claimed Farrell’s behavior throughout their recent tour was erratic and uncontrolled, climaxing with an incident where Farrell struck Navarro during and after the performance.

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: It hasn’t been; it’s just getting started. Farrell and his wife, Etty Lau Farrell, sued the three bandmates in the same court Wednesday, blaming them for the conflict and the violence.

The Beach Boys

WHAT HAPPENED: How much time do you have? The late, great Brian Wilson, the Beach Boys’ leader, feuded with his cousin and bandmate Mike Love over songwriting credits dating back decades. Love had sued Wilson several times, beginning in the 1990s.

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: Wilson often wasn’t the victor — except in 2007, when U.S. District Judge Audrey Collins threw out one of Love’s lawsuits against Wilson. In it, Love alleged that a free, 2004 promotional CD of re-recorded Beach Boys songs cost him millions of dollars and violated Love and Wilson’s partnership.

Oasis

WHAT HAPPENED: The sibling rivalry between Oasis brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher is well established. Their brawls not only led to the band’s dissolution in 2009, before their 2025 reunion, but also a legal upset. In 2011, Liam sued Noel for saying Liam’s hangover caused the cancellation of a 2009 festival performance. He said in a statement that the lawsuit was not about money, but that he wanted an apology and for Oasis fans “to know the truth” — that laryngitis prevented him from performing.

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: The lawsuit was dropped.

Creedence Clearwater Revival

WHAT HAPPENED: The post-breakup decades of Creedence Clearwater Revival were marked by so much legal and personal infighting that you might think CCR stands for Conflict, Clash, Repeat. In 1996, singer-songwriter-guitarist John Fogerty sued ex-bandmates Doug Clifford and Stu Cook for performing under the name Creedence Clearwater Revisited. That case settled in 2001, but the bandmates sued Fogerty in 2014, alleging he was violating the settlement by continuing to publicly slag off the Revisited name. And they said Fogerty himself was now illegally using Creedence Clearwater Revival in concert advertising. Fogerty sued back in 2015, saying Cook and Clifford weren’t paying him proper songwriting royalties for their performances.

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: A federal court merged the two cases, and the resulting hybrid was settled under confidential terms in 2017.

Fleetwood Mac

WHAT HAPPENED: Fleetwood Mac and feuds are practically synonymous. Breakups and divorces between members are essential to some of their best songs. The conflict resumed in the 2010s when the band kicked lead guitarist Lindsey Buckingham off their 2018 tour, and he sued. Buckingham claimed he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall that January that the band would tour without him. He says he would have been paid at least $12 million for his share of the proceeds.

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: Later that year, Buckingham said they had settled the lawsuit.

Journey

WHAT HAPPENED: At some point, two key members of Journey stopped believin’ in each other. And all over an Amex. Longtime guitarist Neal Schon sued longtime keyboardist Jonathan Cain in 2022, saying Cain was refusing to let him use the band’s American Express card. A counterclaim came from Cain, who said that Schon was running up enormous personal charges on the band’s account.

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: A judge in 2024 appointed a custodian over the band’s financial decisions, specifically empowered to settle disagreements between Schon and Cain.

Hall & Oates

WHAT HAPPENED: In 2023, Daryl Hall sued his longtime music partner John Oates, arguing that Oates’ plan to sell off his share of a joint venture would violate the terms of a business agreement the Hall & Oates duo had forged long before. The move quickly prompted a judge to temporarily block the sale.

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: The lawsuit and arbitration are ongoing.

The Beatles

WHAT HAPPENED: Their artistic partnership had been over for months, but the Beatles had to break out the barristers to break up their business. Paul McCartney went to London’s High Court of Justice in 1970 to dissolve the Fab Four’s 1967 contractual partnership, which included the Apple record label. McCartney above all wanted to get rid of manager Allen Klein, whom John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr wanted to keep as overseer of their business. “The only way for me to save The Beatles and Apple,” McCartney told British GQ in 2020, “was to sue the band.”

HOW IT WAS RESOLVED: The court ruled in McCartney’s favor and appointed a receiver to oversee their ventures in 1971. But negotiations and wrangling continued until a long-term solution that would become known as “The Beatles Agreement” was signed by all four members in 1974.

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Sunday that vandals were responsible for…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Luigi Mangione State Murder Trial Delayed Indefinitely as Double Jeopardy Battle Continues - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Luigi Mangione State Murder Trial Delayed Indefinitely as Double Jeopardy Battle Continues

NEW YORK – The state murder trial of Luigi Mangione in the…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks

JERUSALEM – Jared Kushner, the Mideast negotiator and son-in-law of Donald Trump,…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War

A Russian court on Monday found a well-known opposition figure guilty over…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Mike Lawler Gains Law Enforcement Union Boost in House Race - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Mike Lawler Gains Law Enforcement Union Boost in House Race

Law enforcement unions are rallying behind New York Rep. Mike Lawler as…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
Missing Long Beach Jet Skier Found Alive After Night Search - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Missing Long Beach Jet Skier Found Alive After Night Search

A jet skier who vanished overnight off the coast of Long Beach…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
Inside secret lives of Lindsay Clancy's parents with daughter on trial
  • News

Inside Lindsay Clancy’s Parents’ Lives as Daughter Faces Trial

A stark illustration sits at the center of a $2 million fundraising…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
Man Who Called 911 Over Girlfriend’s Motel Death Had Disturbing Videos on Phone, Police Say - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Man Who Called 911 Over Girlfriend’s Motel Death Had Disturbing Videos on Phone, Police Say

What began as a 911 call from a Missouri motel quickly shifted…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.