Owner of Trump-themed burger chain faces deportation after feds allege illegal status, 'sham' marriages

A co-owner of a Trump-branded burger chain in Texas is facing deportation as officials allege that the Lebanese national overstayed his visa, engaged in “sham” marriages and has a criminal record that includes an assault charge. 

The 28-year-old restaurateur, Roland Mehrez Beainy, entered the United States in 2019 as a non-immigrant visitor and remained in the country illegally when his visa expired in February 2024, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) told Fox News Digital on Saturday.

Beainy – who currently operates Trump Burger locations in Houston, Bellville, Flatonia and Kemah – opened the first restaurant in Bellville in 2020 but was never authorized to use the Trump name or branding, according to local reports. The Trump Organization, President Donald Trump’s private business, sent the Bellville location a cease-and-desist letter earlier this year, The Fayette County Record reported.

Officials said Beainy’s political leanings won’t shield him from President Donald Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigration. 

Brown building of Trump burger with photos of trump, trump flags and american flags

People walk out of Trump Burger on Thursday, July 28, 2022, in Bellville, Texas. (Brett Coomer/Houston Chronicle)

Beainy’s burger chain has been embroiled in branding conflicts and other business disputes this year.

In February, attorneys for the Trump Organization sent Trump Burger a cease-and-desist letter accusing it of “misleading the public into falsely believing that your business is affiliated with the Trump Organization or endorsed by our clients,” according to The Fayette County Record.

“We were surprised to learn that you have been flagrantly infringing upon the Trump Organization’s valuable and well-established intellectual property right by operating at least three restaurants under the Trump name and brand,” the letter read.

The company demanded Beainy stop using the Trump brand, scrub all references from marketing materials, and provide “a full accounting of all revenues” generated from the alleged misuse, The Fayette County Record reported, adding that the letter warned of legal actions if demands were not met. 

In a separate matter in June, the restaurant sued its Kemah, Texas, landlord, Archie Patterson, who allegedly forced staff out and took control of the location, according to the Houston Chronicle. Patterson responded with his own lawsuit accusing Beainy of unpaid debts, the outlet added.

The Trump Organization and the attorney representing Beainy, Geoffrey S. Binney, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital on Saturday. 

You May Also Like

Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens - Internewscast Journal

Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens

Frustrated residents in an upscale Venice Beach neighborhood have turned to an…
UC-Berkeley math prof forced to teach fractions because standards have fallen so far

UC Berkeley Math Professor Says Falling Standards Leave Him Teaching Fractions

A prominent University of California, Berkeley mathematics professor is criticizing the school’s…
Virginia State Shooting Suspect Found Hiding in Dorm Closet - Internewscast Journal

Virginia State Shooting Suspect Found Hiding in Dorm Closet

Virginia authorities have arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with a mass…
Nevada Man Pleads Guilty in Cartel Firearms Buying Scheme - Internewscast Journal

Nevada Man Pleads Guilty in Cartel Firearms Buying Scheme

A Nevada man admitted in federal court Friday that he bought high-powered…
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear Says Mitch McConnell Still Has Not Responded to Him - Internewscast Journal

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear Says Mitch McConnell Still Has Not Responded to Him

Washington — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Sunday that Sen. Mitch McConnell…
Knife-Wielding NYC Man Shot Dead by Police After Dad Slashed - Internewscast Journal

Knife-Wielding NYC Man Shot Dead by Police After Dad Slashed

Police shot and killed a man Sunday afternoon after he allegedly slashed…
Iran calls on Houthis to prepare to cut off Red Sea gateway — can the terror group do it?

Houthi Attacks Turn Bab el-Mandeb Into Next Hormuz Flashpoint

A surge in attacks by Iran-backed Houthi fighters on vessels transiting the…
Kentucky Farmer’s 6-Word Reply to $26M Data Center Offer - Internewscast Journal

Kentucky Farmer’s 6-Word Reply to $26M Data Center Offer

A determined Kentucky farmer who proudly describes herself as a “country hick”…
Louisiana Man Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Across States With Her Body - Internewscast Journal

Louisiana Man Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Across States With Her Body

FBI touts historic violent crime drop as Trump praises law enforcement Fox…
NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing at Cops - Internewscast Journal

NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing at Cops

New York City police officers shot and killed a 54-year-old man Sunday…
Lala Regains Tropical Storm Strength, Lashing Hawaii With High Winds and Heavy Rain Without Landfall - Internewscast Journal

Lala Regains Tropical Storm Strength, Lashing Hawaii With High Winds and Heavy Rain Without Landfall

Hurricane Lala weakened into a tropical storm on Sunday after skirting Hawaii…
Dawn of the Dead Actor’s Home Destroyed in Blaze Caught on Video - Internewscast Journal

Dawn of the Dead Actor’s Home Destroyed in Blaze Caught on Video

Tom Savini, the “Dawn of the Dead” star and celebrated horror effects…