Unsealed docs show Justin Baldoni hired PR guru for Blake Lively feud

New insights have come to light regarding Justin Baldoni’s employment of social media expert Jed Wallace, revealing he was compensated $90,000 for his services, according to a newly unsealed collection of documents.

The court documents further disclose that Baldoni’s ‘crisis management’ team, which was engaged due to the conflict with his co-star Blake Lively during the filming of It Ends With Us, incurred expenses amounting to an estimated $9 million, as stated by Baldoni’s business associate Jamey Heath.

Lively’s legal team submitted more than 60 exhibits in federal court in New York last week, which included text messages and emails acquired through the discovery process in her lawsuit against Baldoni.

However, in papers that have now been released to the public, emails demonstrate that Wallace was contracted by Baldoni and Heath’s production company, Wayfarer Studios, for a three-month period with a fee of $30,000 per month.

Invoices show Wallace billed the team in August, September and October of 2024.

While limited information is available about the social media expert, his now-removed LinkedIn profile described him as a ‘hired gun’ possessing a ‘proprietary formula for defining artists and trends.’

Text messages and emails revealed in Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively's ongoing lawsuit reveal the actor hired a PR guru for $90,000 after their feud over It Ends With Us became public

Lively's lawyers filed over 60 exhibits in New York federal court last week including text messages and emails they obtained through discovery in her harassment lawsuit against Baldoni

Text messages and emails unveiled in the ongoing lawsuit between Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively detail that the actor enlisted a PR expert for $90,000 following their public feud over It Ends With Us.

An email from August 2024, shows Baldoni's publicist Melissa Nathan introduced Wallace to Heath

An email from August 2024, shows Baldoni’s publicist Melissa Nathan introduced Wallace to Heath

Jed Wallace, a PR contractor and owner of Street Relations, was described in her civil rights complaint acting as a 'hired gun' for Baldoni, his agent Melissa Nathan, and her PR firm, The Agency Group (TAG)

Jed Wallace, a PR contractor and owner of Street Relations, was described in her civil rights complaint acting as a ‘hired gun’ for Baldoni, his agent Melissa Nathan, and her PR firm, The Agency Group (TAG)

In an August 8, 2024, email, Baldoni’s publicist, Melissa Nathan, introduced Wallace to Heath.

‘Please meet Jed who will be having his team assist on all social activity based off our own conversations as well as their digital plan you are in receipt of,’ she wrote.

‘Jed and team has worked on some of the most monumental [behind the scenes] projects globally and I’m extremely happy to make this intro between you both.’

Wallace wrote in an email the same day: ‘We will work in lockstep with TAG [Nathan’s firm], but engaged separately.’ 

Nathan referred to a two-part quote for ‘untraceable’ social media services in a text to Heath two days earlier.

‘Quote two $25k per month – min 3 months as it needs to seed same as above – this will be for creation of social fan engagement to go back and forth with any negative accounts, helping to change narrative and stay on track,’ Nathan wrote.

‘All of this will be most importantly untraceable.’

Although she didn’t name Wallace or his firm in the August 6 text, she said the quotes came ‘from the two teams we use that get the best results.’

A source with knowledge of Wallace’s hiring confirmed ‘quote two’ was referring to Wallace and his firm, Street Relations.

The source said ‘creation of social fan engagement’ meant using anonymous accounts controlled by Wallace’s team to push already-existing pro-Baldoni news stories on social media and argue with Lively fans online.

But the source added that this work ended up being unnecessary due to the large amount of ‘organic’ criticism of Lively from real accounts.

But Lively’s team maintains that there is evidence of a smear campaign against the actress, claiming that the messages allude to a plot using fake accounts to spread negative stories about Lively.

Lively's team maintains that there is evidence of a smear campaign against the actress

Lively’s team maintains that there is evidence of a smear campaign against the actress

A spokesperson for Lively told Daily Mail: ‘There is an overwhelming amount of evidence documenting the smear campaign instigated by Justin Baldoni, Melissa Nathan, Jed Wallace and the rest of the Wayfarer Parties.

‘All you need to do is look at Melissa Nathan’s texts, Baldoni’s responses, and Jed Wallace’s “services”.’

Wallace has denied any smear campaign or use of fake accounts, saying he was merely paid to monitor social media for Baldoni’s team. 

In July, Judge Liman dismissed Lively’s claims against Wallace, who is suing Lively for defamation in Texas over the statements.

‘Blake Lively made false statements to the press through a private administrative filing, claiming Mr Wallace and Street Relations had sexually harassed her, retaliated against her, aided and abetted others who did the same, breached a contract with her and engaged in other improper conduct,’ Wallace’s attorney, Chip Babcock, told the Daily Mail.

‘Mr Wallace, who is a very private person, has never met or spoken to Ms Lively. Ever. He has not engaged in a smear campaign against her at any point in time.’

In an internal group text involving Nathan and her employee Katie Case, Case wrote that Lively’s team ought to ‘grow up’ and that her team ‘had nothing to do with’ negative press aimed at the actress.

‘Someone has to tell them to grow up – they promoted a movie about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE as if it was a silly rom com,’ she wrote. 

‘What did they expect?’ she added.

In an internal group text involving Nathan and her employee Katie Case, Case wrote that Lively's team ought to 'grow up' and that her team 'had nothing to do with' negative press aimed at the actress

In an internal group text involving Nathan and her employee Katie Case, Case wrote that Lively’s team ought to ‘grow up’ and that her team ‘had nothing to do with’ negative press aimed at the actress

The group shared posts of Lively's controversial promos for the film and insisted it was her own doing

In the same exchange, they argue that most of the backlash has happened 'organically', citing Lively's 'crazy way to market' a movie about domestic violence

In the same exchange, they argue that most of the backlash has happened ‘organically’, citing Lively’s ‘crazy way to market’ a movie about domestic violence 

She shared an infamous Instagram post of Lively encouraging moviegoers to ‘wear your florals’ when they go to watch the dark film in theaters.

‘Like come on,’ Case added. ‘We had NOTHING to do with that.’

‘This is crazy,’ another unnamed member of the chat replied. ‘She doesn’t have a good reputation. All of this is organic stuff from real people making TikToks – not bots.’

In another text conversation filed on Thursday, a frazzled-sounding Heath texted a friend that he was having to shell out an eye-popping $9 million on a crisis communications team.

‘I’ve hired a crisis management team. Costing 9million dollars (sic),’ he wrote on August 4 to the friend, named only as ‘Andy’ in the document.

‘Also our pr team,’ Heath wrote. ‘Just have to manage every land mine so it doesn’t go off. And there’s just so much to it.’ 

A source close to Baldoni’s PR team told the Daily Mail that TAG was hired by Wayfarer for $15,000, and suggested Heath was exaggerating the $9 million figure.

Heath (right) serves as the CEO of Justin Baldoni's Wayfarer Studios, which produced the film

Heath (right) serves as the CEO of Justin Baldoni’s Wayfarer Studios, which produced the film

In another text conversation filed on Thursday, a frazzled-sounding Heath texted a friend that he was having to shell out an eye-popping $9 million on a crisis communications team

In another text conversation filed on Thursday, a frazzled-sounding Heath texted a friend that he was having to shell out an eye-popping $9 million on a crisis communications team 

In one group text with film executives on January 2, 2024, Baldoni said he felt Lively had him ‘held hostage.’

‘Trying to find my balance of captaining a ship and leading it while it’s being held hostage,’ the It Ends With Us director-actor wrote. 

‘How to give her most of what she wants while maintaining some of my own vision.’

He added he felt he was ‘acting and working with this person who can and will use anything she can against me. It’s all scary – yet I know I have protection.’

You May Also Like

Angie Nixon’s Florida Senate Upset Hands DSA Breakthrough as GOP Looms

WASHINGTON — The Democratic Socialists of America notched a major breakthrough in…

Pancreatic Cancer Breakthrough Reveals Everyday Lifestyle Risk

A provocative theory about a “hidden” driver of pancreatic cancer has been…

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Set to Move Back to the UK

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to return to the United…

US Secretly Escorts Millions of Oil Barrels Through Strait of Hormuz in High-Stakes Operation

The US has quietly helped move millions of barrels of oil each…

Azerbaijan Sues CNN Over Alleged Fake Iran War Coverage

CNN has been hit with a defamation lawsuit over a June report…

Toxic Issue Could Sink Republican in Crucial Senate Race

As frustration over AI data centers grows across Ohio, Democrats have found…

Trump Aide’s Scottish Love Letters Revealed in New Report

Private correspondence from Donald Trump’s longtime personal secretary has drawn fresh attention,…

Sandra Bullock Breaks Silence After Longtime Partner Bryan Randall’s Death From ALS

Sandra Bullock is speaking publicly for the first time about the loss…

Brooklyn Beckham Says Tattoo Tribute to Victoria Beckham Is Almost Gone

Brooklyn Beckham has shown that his once-prominent tattoo tribute to his mother,…

Sue Gray Says No10 Role Under Keir Starmer Was Unbearable

Sue Gray has described her brief spell working for Keir Starmer in…

Lawsuit Claims 6-Year-Old Girl Died After Freak Badminton Racket Accident

The family of a six-year-old girl killed in a horrifying badminton accident…

Missing Sydney Bushwalker Lily Hooper Found Dead

The family of missing hiker Lily Hooper suffered an agonising few minutes…