Son of ex-UFC champ investigated over violent ring attack that left wrestler hospitalized
Share this @internewscast.com

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – Raja Jackson, the son of former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, is under investigation after a violent outburst at a professional wrestling event in Los Angeles that left one performer hospitalized, authorities said.

The incident happened Saturday night during a livestreamed show at the KnokX Pro Wrestling Academy in Sun Valley. Video appears to show Jackson storming the ring during wrestler Stuart Smith’s match, lifting him and slamming him to the mat before unleashing more than 20 punches to Smith’s head.

The attack left spectators stunned as fellow wrestlers rushed to restrain Jackson. Smith, who performs under the name Syko Stu, was taken to a hospital, where he was reported to be stable but with serious injuries, including broken facial bones and lost teeth, his brother told USA Today.

LAPD officials say they received a call about 9 p.m. reporting an attempted murder. By the time officers arrived, Jackson had left the venue. Detectives later classified the incident as felony battery. As of Monday, no arrests had been made.

Raja Jackson is the son of former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, seen at the Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport 4 event at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) on Wednesday, June 8, 2011, in Los Angeles. (Shea Walsh/AP Images for Microsoft Xbox)

Quinton Jackson, who gained fame in the UFC, apologized on social media for his son’s actions, saying Raja had recently suffered a concussion and “had no business being in the ring.” He added that he was “very upset” about what happened and hoped Smith would make a full recovery.

KnokX Pro Wrestling Academy condemned the incident, saying what was supposed to be a choreographed stunt devolved into “a selfish, irresponsible act of violence.” The group said it had never experienced anything similar in its 17 years of operation.

The altercation followed an earlier confrontation caught on video, in which Smith struck Jackson with a beverage can outside the venue. Legal experts noted, however, that such an incident is unlikely to provide grounds for self-defense, given the severity of Jackson’s attack.

Videos of the attack, initially streamed on the platform Kick, quickly spread across social media, prompting widespread outrage from fans and figures in the combat sports world.

LAPD officials say the investigation remains ongoing.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Tragic Update: Juvenile Suspect Sought as Shooting Victim Succumbs, Murder Charges Filed

In a tragic turn of events in Kingsport, Tennessee, the youth involved…

FBI and St. Paul Police Launch Investigation into ICE Arrest Leading to Skull Fractures

MINNEAPOLIS – An alarming case involving a Mexican citizen allegedly assaulted by…

Elizabethton High School on Alert: Loan Fraud Investigation Sparks Campus Lockdown

In a recent development in Elizabethton, Tennessee, a significant loan fraud investigation…

Delaware Man from Jill Biden’s Past to Enter Plea in Wife’s Death Case

WILMINGTON, Del. – In a case drawing both local and national attention,…

Unveiling the Secrets: New Mexico’s Probe into Jeffrey Epstein’s Mysterious Ranch

SANTA FE, N.M. – New Mexico state legislators initiated an investigation on…

Unveiling the 2026-27 Orlando Broadway Lineup: ‘The Great Gatsby’ & ‘Hamilton’ Take Center Stage at Dr. Phillips Center

ORLANDO, Fla. – The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts has…

US-Iran Nuclear Negotiations: Geneva Hosts Crucial Second Round Talks

In the scenic city of Geneva, the United States and Iran are…