Reba McEntire responds to AI photo of her at Dolly Parton's 'deathbed'

Reba McEntire called out a recent AI hoax showing her at Dolly Parton’s ‘deathbed.’

The 70-year-old “Fancy” singer took to Instagram on Thursday to express her support for the 79-year-old country music icon after a fake image circulated on social media.

Reba humorously addressed the image a day after Dolly spoke out about her ongoing health battle. Dolly reassured fans that she is very much alive, joking that if she were on her deathbed, Reba wouldn’t be there with her.

“You tell ’em, Dolly, that AI nonsense is making us do some crazy stuff. They have you dying and me having a baby,” Reba said, sharing the original image along with a fake photo of her with a sonogram.

‘Well, both of us know you’re too young and I’m too old for any of that kind of nonsense,’ she added. 

‘You better know I’m praying for you. I love you with all my heart, and I can’t wait to see you soon,’ she added. 

Reba McEntire, 70, called out a recent AI hoax showing her at Dolly Parton's, 79, 'deathbed'

Reba McEntire, 70, called out a recent AI hoax showing her at Dolly Parton’s, 79, ‘deathbed’

The Fancy hitmaker shared a video to her Instagram on Thursday, sending support to the country legend after the fake photo began circulating on social media; They are seen in 2019

On Thursday, the “Fancy” singer posted a video on Instagram to back the country superstar as the fake photo went viral on social media; the two were seen together in 2019.

In the caption, Reba wrote: ‘Too young to die, too old for babies [laughing emoji] I love you, @DollyParton! See you soon ❤️.’ 

Dolly left a heart emoji in the comments of Reba’s post. 

In Dolly’s video the day prior, the Jolene singer also addressed the photo.

“Did you catch that AI photo of Reba and me? They made it look like Reba was at my deathbed. We both looked like we were ready for the grave,” Dolly said, chuckling.

Dolly remarked, “I thought, oh my goodness. But if I were really at death’s door, I doubt Reba would be the one by my side. She might visit me earlier, though.”

Fans began worrying about Dolly’s wellbeing this week after her sister asked for ‘prayers’ for the star.

But in her latest video, the country singer was dolled up in a red fringed shirt and black slacks with peep-toe heels as she was sitting on a stool in front of a green screen to film an advert.

The crooner put her fans’ fears to rest as she said in the video: ‘I ain’t dead yet!’

Dolly also asked, ‘Do I look sick to you?’

The movie star added that she does have some health ‘problems’ but they are being dealt with.

Last week her younger sibling Freida Parton had worried fans after asking them to pray for her sister amid ‘health challenges’.

Reba humorously slammed the image, a day after Dolly broke her silence amid her health battle, telling fans she 'ain't dead yet'

Reba humorously slammed the image, a day after Dolly broke her silence amid her health battle, telling fans she ‘ain’t dead yet’

Reba McEntire addresses AI-generated image of her at Dolly Parton’s ‘final moments’

‘That AI mess has got us doing all kinds of crazy things. You are out there dying, I’m out here having a baby,’ Reba said, showing another fake photo of her holding a sonogram

In the caption, Reba wrote: 'Too young to die, too old for babies [laughing emoji] I love you, @DollyParton! See you soon ¿¿'

In the caption, Reba wrote: ‘Too young to die, too old for babies [laughing emoji] I love you, @DollyParton! See you soon ❤️’

Jolene hitmaker Dolly left a heart emoji in the comments of Reba's post

Jolene hitmaker Dolly left a heart emoji in the comments of Reba’s post

Dolly said she is certainly a fan of prayer and has ‘faith’ but assured there is no need for her fans to pray for her.

The Tennessee star began her video message, filmed on set for the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville advert, by saying ‘there’s a lot of rumors out there.’

Dolly added: ‘Well, today’s October 8, and obviously I’m here. … Do I look sick to you?… I wanted to put everybody’s mind at ease, those that seem to be real concerned, which I appreciate – and I appreciate your prayers, because I’m a person of faith, I can always use the prayers for anything and everything – but I want you to know that I’m OK!’

‘I’ve got some problems, as I’ve mentioned. Back when my husband Carl was very sick – that was for a long time – and then when he passed I didn’t take care of myself, so I let a lot of things go that I should have been taking care of … nothing major, but I did have to cancel some things so I could be closer to home.’

Dolly did not disclose what the ‘few treatments here and there’ she’s undergoing are, but said it is not that serious.

‘I’m not dying!’ she added. ‘There’s just a lot of rumors flying around.

‘But I figured if you heard it from me, you’d know that I was OK. I ain’t done yet – I don’t think God is through with me, and I ain’t done workin’.’ 

Earlier this week Dolly’s younger sister Stella Parton mentioned the music icon’s mystery health condition in a post defending her sibling Freida.

The day prior Dolly addressed the fake photo, joking, 'If I was really dying, I don't think Reba would be the one at my deathbed. She might come visit me, earlier'

The day prior Dolly addressed the fake photo, joking, ‘If I was really dying, I don’t think Reba would be the one at my deathbed. She might come visit me, earlier’

The movie icon added that she does have some health 'problems' but they are being dealt with

The movie icon added that she does have some health ‘problems’ but they are being dealt with

Dolly appeared on Reba's sitcom in 2005, playing a real estate agent; Dolly, Melissa Peterman and Reba seen in a still from the show

Dolly appeared on Reba’s sitcom in 2005, playing a real estate agent; Dolly, Melissa Peterman and Reba seen in a still from the show

Dolly sparked worldwide concern when she announced she was postponing six shows for her from her upcoming Dolly: Live in Las Vegas residency.

Stella, 76, took to X to defend Freida’s post, and detail how the Jolene hitmaker has been battling kidney stones.

She wrote on X on Wednesday: ‘To those with genuine concern for my big sister Dolly’s well-being, she posted a video last week to share with her fans that she has had kidney stones and is getting treatment.

‘My sister Freida is always concerned when one of her siblings isn’t feeling well so she ask for prayers on Dolly’s behalf. It’s my job as a sister to both of them to love and respect their privacy as I expect them to do for me.

‘To those of you who make it your job to attack me for not being your personal information center, you need to go check their pages!

‘Most fans are genuinely concerned but some of you are way out of line with disregard for my feelings concerning their well-being.

‘My big sister will share with her fans when she so chooses in the meantime don’t come at me with questions or insults.’

This comes after Dolly’s representatives confirmed that the singer was not seriously ill after her family asked fans to send love and prayers to the country musician.

Her UK manager Olly Rowland has confirmed that Freida’s post has blown Dolly’s mysterious illness out of proportion.

He explained: ‘It’s just the kidney stones, and the procedure she needs to resolve those.

‘It looks like her sister posted, and it got quite a bit blown out of proportion, weirdly.’

On Tuesday night, her sister Frieda took to Facebook telling fans: 'Last night, I was up all night praying for my sister, Dolly' as she sparked worry among fans

On Tuesday night, her sister Frieda took to Facebook telling fans: ‘Last night, I was up all night praying for my sister, Dolly’ as she sparked worry among fans 

Reba McEntire addresses AI-generated image of her at Dolly Parton’s ‘final moments’

‘Many of you know she hasn’t been feeling her best lately. I truly believe in the power of prayer, and I have been led to ask all of the world that loves her to be prayer warriors and pray with me,’ Freida wrote. She pictured (centre) with Stella Parton (L) and Dolly Parton (R) in 1981

Freida has also shared an update on Facebook as she penned: ‘I didn’t mean to scare anyone or make it sound so serious.

‘She’s been a little under the weather and I simply asked for prayers because I believe so strongly in the power of prayer.

‘It was nothing more than a little sister asking for prayers for her big sister. Thank you all for lifting her up. Your love truly makes a difference.’

Dolly has previously suffered from kidney stones both last month and back in 2015.

On Tuesday night Frieda took to Facebook telling fans: ‘Last night, I was up all night praying for my sister, Dolly.

‘Many of you know she hasn’t been feeling her best lately. I truly believe in the power of prayer, and I have been led to ask all of the world that loves her to be prayer warriors and pray with me.’

‘She’s strong, she’s loved,’ she continued. ‘And with all the prayers being lifted for her, I know in my heart she’s going to be just fine. Godspeed, my sissy Dolly. We all love you!’

Dolly announced on September 28 that she would be postponing her Las Vegas residency — originally scheduled from December 4 to December 13 at the Colosseum Theater at Caesars Palace — until September 2026 due to ‘health challenges.’

The star shared the news directly with fans on Instagram, explaining that she has been facing health challenges that require her to undergo several medical procedures.

‘I want the fans and public to hear directly from me that, unfortunately, I will need to postpone my upcoming Las Vegas concerts,’ Dolly wrote. ‘As many of you know, I have been dealing with some health challenges, and my doctors tell me that I must have a few procedures.’

Dolly announced on September 28 that she would be postponing her Las Vegas residency until September 2026 due to 'health challenges'

Dolly announced on September 28 that she would be postponing her Las Vegas residency until September 2026 due to ‘health challenges’ 

In her signature style, she joked that it felt like time for her ‘100,000-mile check-up,’ clarifying that it wasn’t her ‘usual trip to see [her] plastic surgeon.’

Despite the setback, Dolly reassured fans that she is not retiring.

‘Don’t worry about me quittin’ the business because God hasn’t said anything about stopping yet,’ she said.

‘But, I believe He is telling me to slow down right now so I can be ready for more big adventures with all of you. I love you and thank you for understanding.’

You May Also Like

Former College Football Star’s Cause of Death Revealed at 24

Four months after former Wisconsin Badgers football player Jack Pugh died unexpectedly…

Iran Mulls Strikes on European Military Targets, Report Says

Iran is reportedly examining plans to strike US military targets in Europe…

Diane Keaton’s Former Los Angeles Mansion Sells for Millions Under Asking Price

Diane Keaton’s former Los Angeles home in Sullivan Canyon has sold for…

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Set to Move Back to the UK

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to return to the United…

Sandra Bullock Breaks Silence After Longtime Partner Bryan Randall’s Death From ALS

Sandra Bullock is speaking publicly for the first time about the loss…

Telemundo Executive Among Four Americans Killed in Kenya Helicopter Crash

A senior Telemundo executive was among seven people killed Wednesday when a…

Erin Patterson Appeals Three Murder Convictions in Australia Mushroom Poisoning of Elderly Relatives

Convicted triple murderer Erin Patterson returned to court Wednesday to challenge her…

Midwest Construction Worker Dies After Becoming Trapped in Storm Drain

An Ohio construction worker died while working inside a storm drain after…

Sandra Bullock Shares Rare Glimpse of Life With Her Kids in New Photos

Sandra Bullock offered followers an unusually personal look at life away from…

Natalie Harp Rode in SUV Trunk to Stay Close to Trump

Natalie Harp, Donald Trump’s executive assistant, once traveled in the trunk of…

Angie Nixon’s Florida Senate Upset Hands DSA Breakthrough as GOP Looms

WASHINGTON — The Democratic Socialists of America notched a major breakthrough in…

Forbes 30 Under 30 CEO Killed in Tragic Kenya Helicopter Crash

Roger Duarte, the chief executive previously recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30,…