Trump has 'leverage' to stop Sudan killings as satellite images reveal mass deaths: Yale researchers

Recent satellite imagery has unveiled alarming scenes in El Fasher, North Darfur, Sudan, depicting what appear to be bloodstains in the sand and bodies scattered across the area. These images have emerged amidst disturbing reports of mass killings allegedly perpetrated by the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in this conflict-ridden region.

This grave situation was highlighted in a new report released by Yale University’s Humanitarian Research Lab (HRL) on Tuesday. The report coincides with the failure of ceasefire negotiations in Washington and follows the RSF’s incursion into El Fasher last Sunday.

In the report, Yale HRL states, “We have found evidence consistent with systematic mass killings of individuals outside El Fasher, as seen in satellite imagery collected on October 27 and 28, 2025.”

Adding to the complexity of the situation, The Wall Street Journal reported that U.S. intelligence assessments have confirmed an increase in weapons supplied to the RSF by the United Arab Emirates, including drones identified by Yale researchers.

Satellite image of a former children's hospital in Sudan

Yale’s researchers have meticulously documented the evidence of these atrocities in El Fasher through their analysis of satellite imagery. Their findings underscore the urgent need for international attention and action.

Nathaniel Raymond of Yale expressed a pressing call to action, stating, “President Trump has unique leverage to halt the violence by urging the United Arab Emirates to cease their arms transfers to the RSF, a step the Biden administration was unable to enforce.” This statement was shared with Fox News Digital, emphasizing the critical role international diplomacy could play in addressing this humanitarian crisis.

Raymond said their lab “identified a CH-95 drone” visible in imagery and that “the drone we identified was provided by the United Arab Emirates to the RSF.”

Raymond’s team analyzed high-resolution imagery from Airbus DS showing what they confirmed as bodies, blood and burned neighborhoods in El Fasher, where the RSF overran the city after a bloody 18-month siege.

FILE - Sudanese army officers inspect a recently discovered weapons storage site belonging to the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in Khartoum, Sudan, Saturday, May 3, 2025.

Sudanese army officers inspect a recently discovered weapons storage site belonging to the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in Khartoum, Sudan. (AP Photo, File)

“We started working on this surveillance in 2023 as part of the U.S. State and Sudan Conflict Observatory,” Raymond said with his team warning the United Nations that if El Fasher fell, atrocities would follow.

Since then, the team has spent 18 months independently documenting the siege, producing reports for the U.N. and U.S. officials. “We told them we were approaching a genocide,” Raymond said.

He added that RSF forces “hid vehicles under trees, moved at night, and tried to evade tracking mostly to conceal resupply flights.”

Raymond also described satellite measurements showing “objects on the ground consistent with human bodies, about 1.3 to 2 meters [3 to 6 feet] long.”

Sudanese who fled el-Fasher city, after paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) killed hundreds of people in the western Darfur region, gather at their camp in Tawila, Sudan, Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2025.

Sudanese who fled El Fasher city after paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) killed hundreds of people in the western Darfur region, gather at a camp in Tawila, Sudan, Wednesday. (AP Photo/Muhnnad Adam)

The RSF’s takeover has left more than 2,000 civilians dead and 177,000 trapped under blockade.

Nationwide, the war has displaced around 12 million people and killed 150,000 since it began in 2023.

There were hopes late last week that U.S.-sponsored talks could achieve a breakthrough, but sources told Middle East Eye that the United Arab Emirates refused to address the situation in El Fasher.

Trump had revived efforts for peace for Sudan in July, which included a ministerial-level meeting with what is called the “Sudan Quartet.”

“It is time for Trump to build on the legacy of Republican leadership in Darfur and call Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan in Abu Dhabi and tell him to stop,” Raymond said.

“This is the same appeal I will deliver to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee tomorrow,” he concluded.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the White House for comment.

You May Also Like

Massive brawl erupts at Wisconsin State Fair as seven arrested during chaotic closing hours

Wisconsin State Fair Brawl Leaves 7 Arrested After Chaos Erupts During Closing Hours

Large fights broke out at the Wisconsin State Fair as the event…
Meta Faces Landmark Federal Trial Over Child Social Media Addiction - Internewscast Journal

Meta Faces Landmark Federal Trial Over Child Social Media Addiction

Opening statements are scheduled to begin Tuesday in a closely watched federal…
Manhattan Beach Hit by Rise in Two Types of Vehicle Theft - Internewscast Journal

Manhattan Beach Hit by Rise in Two Types of Vehicle Theft

Manhattan Beach police are urging Kia and Hyundai owners to be more…
Florida Senate Showdown Set: Ashley Moody vs. Angie Nixon - Internewscast Journal

Florida Senate Showdown Set: Ashley Moody vs. Angie Nixon

Ashley Moody captured the Republican nomination Tuesday, brushing aside several lower-profile GOP…
Two workers killed, several injured after explosions tear through Ohio recycling facility

Ohio Recycling Plant Blasts Kill 2 Workers, Injure Several

Two employees died and several others were hurt after a pair of…
Abdul El-Sayed’s Mom Worked for Accused Terror-Funding Group - Internewscast Journal

Abdul El-Sayed’s Mom Worked for Accused Terror-Funding Group

Abdul El-Sayed, a progressive candidate in Michigan’s U.S. Senate race, is facing…
Ohio Couple Accused of Forcing Into Cruise Ship Cabin and Attacking Family, Including 9-Year-Old - Internewscast Journal

Ohio Couple Accused of Forcing Into Cruise Ship Cabin and Attacking Family, Including 9-Year-Old

An Ohio couple was taken into custody after investigators said they barged…
Northwest Indiana Power Outages Persist as NIPSCO Restores Service, Storm Cleanup Continues Ahead of Tuesday Severe Weather - Internewscast Journal

Northwest Indiana Power Outages Persist as NIPSCO Restores Service, Storm Cleanup Continues Ahead of Tuesday Severe Weather

MERRILLVILLE, Ind. () — A week after a tornado swept through Munster,…
Tupac Shakur’s Haunting Reply to Las Vegas Cop After Fatal Drive-By Shooting Revealed - Internewscast Journal

Tupac Shakur’s Haunting Reply to Las Vegas Cop After Fatal Drive-By Shooting Revealed

Tupac Shakur declined to identify the gunmen who ambushed him, even as…
Texas Father Accused of Killing Estranged Wife While Children Were Home Left Clue on Shirt - Internewscast Journal

Texas Father Accused of Killing Estranged Wife While Children Were Home Left Clue on Shirt

A Texas man accused of killing his estranged wife was allegedly wearing…
Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman Wins Wyoming GOP Senate Primary - Internewscast Journal

Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman Wins Wyoming GOP Senate Primary

Rep. Harriet Hageman (R-WY) moved significantly closer to claiming Wyoming’s next U.S.…
Tupac Shakur Family Splits as Court Shows Autopsy Photos - Internewscast Journal

Tupac Shakur Family Splits as Court Shows Autopsy Photos

Testimony continued Tuesday for a second day in the trial of Duane…