Melissa Doyle reveals whether she'll return to Sunrise
Share this @internewscast.com

Melissa Doyle, who previously hosted Sunrise, has confirmed she has no plans to return to breakfast TV.

At 55, Doyle, who spent over ten years co-hosting the popular morning show on Seven, shared this decision shortly after the unexpected departure of sports reporter Mark Beretta from Sunrise.

Speaking on the latest episode of Stellar’s Something to Talk About podcast, she reflected on her Sunrise years, saying, “I’ve been there, done that.”

“I spent an incredible 14 years on the show and left at a high point. I’m not interested in revisiting the past; I’m more focused on what lies ahead,” she expressed.

She elaborated on her perspective: “How do I continue to grow as a person, a woman, and a journalist? What’s the next challenge to tackle? What new skills can I learn? So, no, I’ve loved it, but I’m ready for what’s next.”

During the conversation, Melissa, who exited Sunrise in 2013, also expressed her enduring gratitude for the opportunities the show provided her.

Former Sunrise host Melissa Doyle says she is 'done' with breakfast television for good. Pictured: Melissa posed for a series of glamorous snaps for the new edition of Stellar

Former Sunrise host Melissa Doyle says she is ‘done’ with breakfast television for good. Pictured: Melissa posed for a series of glamorous snaps for the new edition of Stellar

'I've been there, done that,' Melissa said about her time on Sunrise in the latest episode of Stellar's Something to Talk About podcast

‘I’ve been there, done that,’ Melissa said about her time on Sunrise in the latest episode of Stellar’s Something to Talk About podcast

‘I had years of live news experience interviewing anybody, anywhere, anytime,’ The House of Wellness host said.

‘It let me hone my craft. Live TV is quite a beast. You can’t have dead air, you’ve got to keep the show rolling, your adrenaline is peaking for the entire three hours.’

Melissa posed for a series of glamorous snaps for her Stellar cover story.

One photo sees the veteran journalist posing in a purple matching two-piece outfit featuring an off-the-shoulder top and baggy trousers.

Letting her blonde locks fall over her shoulders, Melissa accessorised with a set of drop earrings.

Another picture showed Mel sporting a different look featuring a jacket and straight skirt, which she paired with knee-high black boots and a shirt with a plunging neckline.

She added a chic touch with a gold plastron necklace.

A third photo shows Melissa modelling a red knit sweater. 

Elsewhere in the chat, Melissa, who stepped down from Sunrise in 2013, said she was 'forever grateful' for the opportunities Sunrise gave her. Pictured: Melissa's Stellar cover

Elsewhere in the chat, Melissa, who stepped down from Sunrise in 2013, said she was ‘forever grateful’ for the opportunities Sunrise gave her. Pictured: Melissa’s Stellar cover

Pictured: The former Sunrise star on the brekkie show alongside co-host David 'Kochie' Koch

Pictured: The former Sunrise star on the brekkie show alongside co-host David ‘Kochie’ Koch

Mel’s recent interview comes only days away from one of the biggest gigs of her career – hosting Oprah Winfrey’s highly anticipated Australian tour, which kicks off in Sydney on Thursday.

Oprah, 71, will return Down Under in December for five ‘In Conversation’ events, kicking off at ICC Sydney on December 4.She will then head to Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne for more of her sold-out shows.

It follows the news that Seven’s Mark Beretta announced his departure from Sunrise after 30 years at Channel Seven.

The TV star, 59, appeared emotional as he revealed the news during the program on Thursday morning.

‘After 30 years working with the Seven Network and after a lot of long nights and thinking about it, the time is right for me to step away from Sunrise,’ he said.

The veteran journalist explained he is stepping away from his role to spend more time with his family.

Beretta began his journalism career in 1988 when he joined Radio 3GL in Geelong, before moving on to Triple M Melbourne as a sports reporter.

He moved into TV in 1994 when he joined Channel Ten to commentate on its National Basketball League coverage, impressing Seven Melbourne executives so much that the network poached him to work as a sports reporter.

By 2008, he was presenting the Seven Early News sport alongside current Sunrise host Natalie Barr.

During his decades on breakfast TV, Beretta has covered 13 Olympic Games for Seven Network.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Ana De Armas Flaunts Fit Physique Post-Tom Cruise Breakup

<!– <!– <!– <!– Ana De Armas turned heads on Friday as…

Shocking Scandal: Las Vegas Official Murders Investigative Reporter Probing Alleged Misconduct

In a murder investigation, clues gleaned from the victims’ remains and video…

Jennifer Garner Spotted Shopping Solo Post-Thanksgiving with Ex Ben Affleck

Just days after preparing a Thanksgiving feast for her ex-husband Ben Affleck…

Dick Van Dyke Reflects on Parenting: Admits to ‘Neglecting’ Kids Amidst Career Demands

Dick Van Dyke has openly acknowledged that in his quest for a…