Moment killer walks back to supermarket to attack father in queue row
Share this @internewscast.com

A man who brutally attacked a father in a Sainsbury’s store following a dispute over queue jumping has been sentenced to a mere five years in prison.

Demiesh Williams, aged 30, received a five-year and three-month prison term for the death of Andrew Clark, who was remembered by loved ones as a dedicated family man.

The 43-year-old Clark succumbed to his injuries after Williams delivered an open-handed blow during an altercation inside a supermarket located in Beckenham, south-east London. Disturbing footage captured Williams returning to the store to commit the assault.

During proceedings at Woolwich Crown Court, it was revealed that Mr. Clark had objected to Williams attempting to cut the line at the checkout.

Williams, who works as a bus driver, initially exited the store and headed to a vehicle but, as captured by CCTV, he then decided to re-enter and confront Mr. Clark.

The court was informed that the assailant then slapped Mr. Clark with an open hand, resulting in a fall that proved fatal.

Mr Clark died three days later of his injuries, after being declared brain dead.

Williams later pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was jailed this morning.

Demiesh Williams, 30, was today sentenced to five years and three months in prison over the death of Andrew Clark (pictured), who was hailed as a 'hard-working family man'.

Demiesh Williams, 30, was today sentenced to five years and three months in prison over the death of Andrew Clark (pictured), who was hailed as a ‘hard-working family man’.

Demiesh Williams is seen outside at the Sainsbury's store in Beckenham, south-east London

Demiesh Williams is seen outside at the Sainsbury’s store in Beckenham, south-east London

Demiesh Williams (pictured), 30, was today sentenced to five years and three months in prison over the death of Andrew Clark

Demiesh Williams (pictured), 30, was today sentenced to five years and three months in prison over the death of Andrew Clark

Judge Andrew Lees said: ‘Andrew Clark was 43 at the time of his death. He was a hard-working family man.

‘I have heard heartfelt statements read to the court by Andrew’s wife and his sister. What the family said in court brings home the magnitude of what has happened and the devastating loss and consequences of your actions.

‘The family are dealing with unimaginable grief from which recovery is unlikely to ever be complete. By all accounts Andrew Clark was much loved, much respected, and will be much missed, and it should never have happened.’

He told the defendant: ‘Demiesh Williams, for the manslaughter of Andrew Clark the sentence of the court is five years and three months.

‘You will serve up to two thirds of that sentence in prison thereafter you will be released subject to licence conditions. If you breach your licence conditions you will be recalled to prison.’

Mr Clark’s 14-year-old daughter previously told Williams that though he would one day walk free, he had ‘destroyed’ her family in the ‘cruellest way possible’.

In a statement read to the court by her aunt, she said: ‘My dad was not just my dad. He was my best friend. We did everything together.’

She addressed the killer, saying: ‘You did this to my dad. My dad was the most generous man I know. I don’t want to live my life without him.

Williams (pictured) is seen here entering the Sainsbury's in Beckenham, south-east London

Williams (pictured) is seen here entering the Sainsbury’s in Beckenham, south-east London

‘You got to keep your family, while you destroyed mine in the cruellest way.’

And Mr Clark’s wife Cairistine read her impact statement in court, asking the killer: ‘What type of man choses to kill rather than simply walking away?

‘You are a coward. You are a killer. You are a monster.’

The court heard Mr Clark, a Newcastle United fan, had watched his club’s Carabao Cup victory on March 16 with his family at home in Beckenham, south-east London.

Alistair Richardson, prosecuting, told the court the victim and his wife went to the Sainsbury’s near their home to buy some food for the following day after the match.

Mrs Clark then found her husband arguing with Williams at the tills, it was said.

Witnesses described seeing Williams walk to his parked car, get something out, and return to the store with a face covering on as Mr Clark was leaving.

Mr Richardson continued: ‘Mrs Clark saw the defendant coming towards her husband. He was striding with intent – striding towards him.

Mr Clark, 43, was beaten outside Sainsbury's in Beckenham, south-east London, by Demiesh Williams, 30, who smacked him with an open palm

Mr Clark, 43, was beaten outside Sainsbury’s in Beckenham, south-east London, by Demiesh Williams, 30, who smacked him with an open palm 

‘He had a face covering on. He hit Mr Clark on the side of his head. All she could hear was the noise.

‘He did not try to break his fall or anything. He was just knocked out.’

Mr Richardson added that an experienced CCTV officer viewed the footage of the attack and deemed it a ‘slap’ with an ‘open hand’ rather than a punch.

Another witness, using a nearby cash machine, said he heard a ‘crack’ as Mr Clark’s head hit the floor, followed by Williams saying: ‘I told you to f****** apologise’.

Mr Clark was rushed to the hospital but died three days later from a ‘catastrophic’ brain injury.

Williams, a father of three, was later arrested at a house in Croydon, south London, and charged two days later.

He denied murder but later admitted manslaughter at Woolwich Crown Court. He will serve two thirds of the five years and three months before he is released on licence.

Afterwards, Mr Clark’s family said today in a statement: ‘Today’s sentence brings some degree of closure after an unimaginably painful nine months for our family.

‘Andrew’s loss has had a profound impact on each of us and we continue to live with the consequences of his absence every day

‘For us as a family this prosecution has exposed serious shortcomings within our outdated justice system.

‘Victims are too often left without the protection, transparency and fairness they deserve.

‘An archaic legal framework cannot meet the demands of modern society nor the needs of victims, their families, friends and wider communities.

‘Over-crowded and underfunded prisons place pressure on courts to sentence based on capacity rather than justice.

‘Without genuine accountability, true justice and meaningful reform, reoffending will continue and many more families may face the same devastation we have.

‘Andrew will always be remembered for his kindness, generosity, humour and love.’

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Romantic Arrival: Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart’s Heartwarming Airport Reunion in LA

Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart appeared more in love than ever as…

Prince Andrew Faces Potential Prosecution for Multiple Sexual Offence Allegations

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor might potentially face legal action over multiple alleged sexual offenses…

Officer Dismissed Following Incident Involving Use of Force on Fleeing Suspect

A police sergeant with a spotless 20-year career has been dismissed after…

Residents on Edge: Nighttime Safety Concerns Rise as ‘Feral’ Youths Disrupt Peace in [Town Name]

A once serene town is now under siege by unruly youths each…

Brave Surfers Rescue Family from Capsized Boat: An Inspiring Tale of Ocean Heroism

A heartwarming tale of bravery unfolded off the coast of Santa Cruz,…

Discover Affordable Hidden Gems Just Outside the City Limits

Gazing out over the serene waters of Puget Sound, where orcas gracefully…

Controversy Erupts in LA Neighborhood as Upscale Community Faces Unusual Challenge

Just a short distance from the iconic Paramount Studios on Melrose Avenue…

Teacher’s Car Stolen After 3-Hour Journey for Cancer Treatment

A dedicated teacher endured a three-hour drive to receive cancer treatment, only…

Starmer Seeks to Elevate Defense Spending to 3% of GDP: Exploring the Strategy

Keir Starmer acknowledged today the urgent need to accelerate defense spending in…

Unveiling the Epstein Files: A Closer Look at the 300 Influential Figures Named

Attorney General Pam Bondi has announced the release of all files connected…

Presidential Candidate Declines Trump’s White House Offer Amidst Ongoing Racial Tensions

A Democratic governor, considering a potential presidential bid, has decided to boycott…

Viral Encounter: Pro-Palestine Activist Confronts Matt Lucas at London Tube Station

Matt Lucas has been commended online for his calm reaction after being…