Share this @internewscast.com
Antisemitism must be treated as a public safety issue, says a Jewish leader, as authorities hunt for a suspect behind an alleged hate-related firebombing in the wake of the Bondi terror attack.
No one was inside the vehicle at the time, but the home’s occupants had to be evacuated as a precaution.
Police are investigating the suspicious fire and have identified a person who may be able to assist with inquiries.

Jeremy Leibler, the President of the Zionist Federation of Australia, has described a recent attack as an attempt to intimidate Jews simply for their visible Jewish identity. He emphasized the need for action against such acts of antisemitism.

A middle-aged white man looks on

In response to what is believed to be an antisemitic attack in Melbourne, Leibler is advocating for a royal commission to address the issue. The call comes in the wake of increasing concerns about antisemitic actions in Australia. Source: AAP / James Ross

“This is not what any family, street or community deserves to wake up to on Christmas Day in Australia,” she said on social media.
“We have a duty to this community: to ensure their families are safe and feel safe right now, and to work long-term in a serious effort to drive anti-Semitism and hate out of our state.”

“In light of the Bondi incident and numerous recent threats nationwide, it’s crucial for Australia to view antisemitism as a pressing public safety issue rather than a minor community problem,” Leibler stated.

Victorian Premier Jacinta Allan has been updated on the car firebombing incident, which involved a vehicle associated with spreading Hanukkah and holiday joy. The community is understandably concerned that this could be an antisemitic act.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said the apparent firebombing attack was “beyond comprehension”.

This attack follows a tragic event where two gunmen, influenced by Islamic State, opened fire during Hanukkah celebrations at Bondi Beach on December 14, resulting in 15 fatalities.

But the prime minister has resisted calling a federal royal commission into the Bondi attack, instead backing a NSW inquiry and prioritising a quicker but more limited review of intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
Hate speech reforms and an overhaul of ministerial powers to cancel or reject visas for sowing division or potentially inciting violence are also on the agenda.
The Victorian government has promised to follow NSW’s footsteps to crack down on hate crimes and grant police the power to veto protests after designated terror attacks.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Donald Trump Elevates Global Tariffs to 15% Maximum, Marking Temporary Increase

In a surprising twist, President Donald Trump announced his decision to increase…
At the end of a work day, commuters ride a metro train traveling from Flinders Street Station to points outside the city center of Melbourne, Australia

Majority of Nine.com.au Audience Achieves 2026 Goal Ahead of Schedule: Discover Their Secrets!

Exclusive Insight: A worrying trend is emerging in Australia as reading rates…

ASIO: No Passport Bans for Women Allegedly Linked to IS, Confirms Burke

Australian authorities are grappling with the dilemma of whether to allow the…

Is Trump Challenging the Global Rules-Based Order? Understanding the Implications

German Chancellor Friedrich Merz recently joined a growing number of world leaders…

From Pilot to Disgraced Figure: The Transformation of Former Prince Andrew

In Brief Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday after police previously said…
Haroula Kipouridou was working as a singer at a Greek tavern at the time of her murder.

Unveiling Justice: $1 Million Reward Offered in Chilling Cold Case Murder Investigation

A rare $1 million reward is being offered to help solve the…

Police Sergeant Faces Double Drink-Driving Allegations in Single Day

An off-duty police officer has been charged after allegedly being caught drink…
Radical Islamist group closer to hate speech laws ban

Crackdown on Hate Speech: Islamist Group Faces Potential Ban

In a significant development, Australia’s Home Affairs Minister, Tony Burke, announced today…
U.S. Army soldiers exit a Black Hawk at the Truckee Tahoe Airport in Truckee, Calif., Saturday, Feb. 21, 2026, after aiding in recovery efforts for a group of skiers who went missing during a deadly avalanche. (AP Photo/Godofredo A. Vásquez)

Tragic Discovery: Bodies of 9 Backcountry Skiers Recovered After California Avalanche

Nine backcountry skiers tragically lost their lives in an avalanche near California’s…
Chris Baghsarian has been missing for more than a week.

Police Intensify Investigation into Burnt-Out Car in Urgent Search for Missing Grandfather

Police believe a car torched in Sydney‘s west earlier this week is…
More than 1500 alkaloid poppy plant heads were stolen from the Ballarat farm recently.

Urgent Health Alert Issued Following Theft of 1,700 Toxic Poppy Plants from Confidential Farm Location

Health authorities are raising the alarm after around 1700 toxic poppy plants…
President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing at the White House on Friday, February 20 in Washington.

Trump to Boost Tariffs to 15% Following Game-Changing Supreme Court Decision

President Donald Trump said on Saturday that he wants a global tariff…