Spain football boss and children feared dead in tourist boat drowning
Share this @internewscast.com

A tragic incident off the coast of Indonesia has left a Spanish football manager and his three young children missing and feared dead after their tourist boat succumbed to turbulent seas. Fernando Martin, who coaches Valencia’s Women’s B team, along with his children Elia, 12, Kike, 10, and Mateo, 9, are the focus of an urgent search operation.

The boat, transporting 11 passengers, sank in the Padar Island Strait near the renowned travel spot of Labuan Bajo. The sea’s fury claimed the vessel on Friday, prompting a swift rescue effort.

Among those who were rescued are four crew members, a tour guide, and two other Spanish tourists, whose identities have not been disclosed. The search continues for Martin and his children, with rescuers battling the clock and challenging conditions.

Enrique Ortuno, who manages El Coso del Mar restaurant in Valencia, has sadly confirmed the rescue of his daughter Andrea, Fernando’s wife, and their youngest child, Mar, aged seven. In a heartfelt statement to a local newspaper in Valencia, Ortuno expressed: “Unfortunately, only the mother and the little girl were saved.”

Enrique Ortuno, manager of a restaurant in Valencia called El Coso del Mar, confirmed his hotel director daughter, Fernando’s wife Andrea, and their seven-year-old girl Mar had been saved.

He told a local paper in the east coast Spanish city: ‘Unfortunately only the mother and the little girl were saved.’

The restaurant manager and his wife are said to be looking after another two younger grandchildren including a baby who stayed behind with them in Spain when the rest of their family headed abroad on holiday.

Admitting he feared the worst in a brief interview with Valencian newspaper Las Provincias, he said: ‘The bodies must be at the bottom of the sea and they’ll be difficult to recover unless there’s a miracle.’

Valencia Football Club paid tribute to the manager in a statement on social media this afternoon, in spite of conflicting reports rescue teams in Indonesia would restart the search for missing Fernando and his three children tomorrow. 

Fernando Martin, 44, who trains Valencia's Women's B team, and his three children are feared dead after a tourist boat sank in rough seas off Indonesia

Fernando Martin, 44, who trains Valencia’s Women’s B team, and his three children are feared dead after a tourist boat sank in rough seas off Indonesia

Fernando is seen holding a trophy with his son Mateo, who is also feared to have died

Fernando is seen holding a trophy with his son Mateo, who is also feared to have died 

Rescue teams search for survivors after a tourist boat sank in rough seas off Indonesia

Rescue teams search for survivors after a tourist boat sank in rough seas off Indonesia

Rescue teams help survivors to shore after a boat carrying several people sank off the coast of Indonesia in extreme weather on Friday

Rescue teams help survivors to shore after a boat carrying several people sank off the coast of Indonesia in extreme weather on Friday 

The post said: ‘Valencia CF is deeply saddened by the death of Fernando Martin, coach of Valencia CF Women’s B team, and three of his children in a tragic boating accident in Indonesia, as confirmed by local authorities.

‘At this difficult time for everyone, the club would like to send our support and condolences to the families, friends and colleagues at Valencia CF, Valencia CF Women’s team and VCF Academy.’

Real Madrid also paid tribute to the manager. The Spanish football club said in a statement: ‘Real Madrid C. F., its president and Board of Directors are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Fernando Martín, Valencia C. F. Women’s B coach, and three of his children, in the tragic boat accident in Indonesia.

‘Real Madrid wishes to express its horror, and extends its condolences and deepest affection to his wife, Andrea, and his daughter, Mar, at this incredibly difficult time.

‘Likewise, we send our condolences to all of his family and loved ones, and the whole Valencia family.

‘Fernando Martín has passed away at 44 years of age, alongside his children, aged 12, 10 and 9. May they rest in peace.’

Fernando’s restaurant owner father-in-law had already admitted earlier in the day the chances of find them alive were very slim.

He previously told Spanish media: ‘My daughter and granddaughter were thrown from the boat because they were standing on higher ground.

Fernando (pictured) was appointed manager of Valencia Women's B team at the start of this year

Fernando (pictured) was appointed manager of Valencia Women’s B team at the start of this year 

‘They fell into the sea and were rescued, but my three grandchildren and son-in-law were probably trapped on the boat, which broke apart and sank quickly.’

Mr Ortuno said: ‘This was the first major trip they’d undertaken together as a family.

‘They’re avid travellers and sports enthusiasts, but as they have young children, until now they had mainly travelled around Spain.’

Fernando was appointed manager of Valencia Women’s B team at the start of this year. 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Liberal Hub in the U.S. Faces $8 Million Setback with Cold-Resistant Bus Fleet Issues

In an unexpected setback for Vermont’s environmental initiatives, the state’s efforts to…

Millions at risk as powerful bomb cyclone targets East Coast

Close to 30 million people across the United States are currently under…

Gubernatorial Candidate Faces Backlash Over Controversial Gesture at Campaign Event

A candidate in the California governor’s race has sparked outrage among the…

Nigel Farage Claims UK is Blocking Aid Efforts for Chagos Islanders

Nigel Farage has accused the UK government of trying to obstruct an…

Heartbreaking Farewell: Eric Dane’s Girlfriend Speaks Out on His Tragic ALS Passing

Eric Dane’s grieving partner, Janell Shirtcliff, paid tribute to him on Saturday,…

Shocking Discovery: ‘Kennel of Horror’ Unveiled with 41 Animal Deaths

An Essex kennel owner has been sentenced to five years in prison…

Former Ambassador Trump’s Controversial Comments on Israel Ignite Public Outcry

The U.S. ambassador to Israel is facing criticism following his remarks regarding…

Former ‘Family Ties’ Star from the 80s Transitions to a Hands-On Lifestyle

Though she grew up under the spotlight as a beloved 80s child…

Undercover Police Visit Royal Lodge Amid Ongoing Investigation into Prince Andrew

For the fourth consecutive day, unmarked police vehicles arrived at Royal Lodge…

Fergie Commits to Wellness: Checks into World’s Priciest Health Retreat for Ultimate Self-Care

Sarah Ferguson sought solace at the world’s priciest wellness center amid fallout…

Nicki Minaj Shares Excitement Over Receiving a Signed Bible from Donald Trump

Nicki Minaj recently disclosed she received a Bible signed by Donald Trump,…

Royal Alert: Palace Cautioned Over Prince Andrew’s Risky Behavior

On a warm summer evening in 2019, a well-known British entrepreneur sat…