SA Police has released the first picture of missing 4-year-old boy Gus Lamont.
Share this @internewscast.com

Today, major crime investigators were observed examining a water tank and an outdoor shed situated on a sheep station owned by Gus’ family, roughly 30 kilometers west of Oak Park Station.

SA Police has released the first picture of missing 4-year-old boy Gus Lamont.
Gus Lamont was last seen playing on a mound of dirt on September 27. (South Australia Police)

A cadaver dog was brought in from New South Wales to aid in the search operations.

The dog was led into a shearing shed and to an area that police noted had been covered with newly-poured concrete in the months following Gus’ disappearance.

Helicopters were deployed to drop officers at specific sites, including mine shafts that were pinpointed using artificial intelligence (AI) mapping.

Task Force Horizon detectives revisited the residence yesterday to launch a new two-day search for potential evidence.

The search is anticipated to conclude today.

No evidence of Gus has been uncovered at any of the search sites.

There is no suggestion the sheep station is linked to Gus’ disappearance.

A full-scale ground and air search of the property and the surrounding area was launched after Gus went missing.

Police have returned to the area multiple times.

Today’s search comes after police yesterday charged Gus’ 75-year-old grandparent Josie Murray with firearms offences but have maintained the charges are not linked to the toddler’s disappearance.

Murray was bailed to appear in the Peterborough Magistrates Court on May 6.

Police inspect outhouse in South Australia search for Gus Lamont
Task Force Horizon detectives returned to the home yesterday as part of a fresh two-day search for evidence. (9News)
Police inspect outhouse in South Australia search for Gus Lamont
No evidence of Gus has been uncovered at any of the search sites. (9News)

Detective Inspector Andrew Macrae said the firearms charges were not related to the disappearance of Gus or a previous incident at Oak Park Station in October involving media attending the property.

Police earlier this month confirmed a person with close ties to the household, who is not one of Gus’ parents, had been speaking with detectives but then allegedly “withdrew cooperation” and has since been identified as a suspect.

Gus’ disappearance is now being considered a major crime.

Josie Murray and Gus’ other grandparent Shannon Murray released a statement through their lawyers, saying they were “absolutely devastated” by SA Police’s statement on February 6.

“We are absolutely devastated by the media release of SAPOL Major Crime,” the statement read.

Gus Lamont’s grandparent Josie Murray. (Nine)

“The family has cooperated fully with the investigation and want nothing more than to find Gus and reunite him with his mum and dad.”

The lawyers also indicated they will not be making any further comments.

There is no suggestion Josie or Shannon Murray are involved in the disappearance of Gus and it is not unusual for anyone linked to an investigation to seek out legal advice.

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
coles trolley

Court Testimony Highlights Supermarket Giant’s Genuine Commitment to Customer Care

The supermarket colossus, Coles, is embroiled in a storm of controversy over…
Australia's closest ally has raised the alarm over the Coalition's leadership turnover, even joking it may not be worth building a relationship with the new shadow foreign minister. New Zealand foreign minister Winston Peters says he is 'aghast' at the 'inexcusable' turmoil in Australian political ranks, which he attributes to 'ego'. Mr Peters is now in his third stint as New Zealand's top diplomat, having served in the governments of Helen Clark, Jacinda Ardern and, currently, Christopher Luxon.

New Zealand Foreign Minister Criticizes Australia: Diplomatic Tensions Rise in Trans-Tasman Relations

Australia’s closest ally has voiced concerns over the frequent changes in the…
US ready for military strike this weekend, sources say

US Prepared for Potential Military Action This Weekend, Insider Sources Reveal

The US military is prepared to strike Iran as early as this…

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Taken into Custody

Even after being stripped of his official titles by his brother, King…
A police investigation is underway after this disturbing note was sent to Lakemba Mosque

Controversial Letter Sent to Australia’s Largest Mosque on the Eve of Ramadan

A chilling death threat sent to Australia’s largest mosque has heightened tension…
Prince Andrew, Duke of York during the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England

Breaking Down the Key Events Leading to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Arrest: A Comprehensive Timeline

The arrest of a man in his 60s in Norfolk by Thames…
Prince Andrew, Duke of York, King Charles III and Prince William, Prince of Wales

King Charles Responds to Brother Andrew’s Arrest: What You Need to Know

On the morning of his 66th birthday, the former Prince Andrew was…
Mark Zuckerberg quizzed on children's Instagram use in social media trial

Mark Zuckerberg Faces Intense Scrutiny Over Kids’ Instagram Usage in Landmark Social Media Trial

Mark Zuckerberg faced a rigorous examination in a Los Angeles courtroom, engaging…
President Donald Trump speaks to reporters aboard Air Force One shortly before takeoff, Thursday, Feb. 19, 2026, at Joint Base Andrews, Md.

Donald Trump Expresses Deep Sadness Over Andrew’s Arrest

“I believe it’s a real pity. It’s a great misfortune and quite…
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

Breaking News: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested for Alleged Misconduct in Public Office

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been taken into custody under suspicion of misconduct in…

Ukrainian Officials Boycott Paralympics: Unveiling the Controversial Decision Stirring Global Attention

In brief Both Russia and Belarus were subject to a blanket ban…

Tragic California Avalanche Claims Eight Lives, One Skier Still Unaccounted For

In brief The avalanche swept the Castle Peak area of Truckee, California,…