Share this @internewscast.com
Reports indicate that backcountry skiers involved in a massive avalanche near Lake Tahoe chose a perilous route to descend the mountain.
According to claims, the group of 11 skiers and four guides selected a path with a higher risk of avalanches, rather than opting for safer, albeit longer, alternatives.

Meanwhile, authorities have initiated separate investigations to determine if any criminal negligence occurred and whether the tour operators bear any responsibility.
Here are the latest stories on the California Avalanche:
The tragic incident at Castle Peak, near Truckee, resulted in the deaths of eight individuals, with one person still missing and presumed deceased.
The group reportedly set out northwest from Frog Lake huts toward Interstate 80 around midday on Tuesday, as noted by the San Francisco Chronicle.
The chosen route features a challenging 60-degree slope and is categorized as having a high avalanche risk, according to the Truckee Donner Land Trust website.
But, according to the Chronicle, there was a longer, flatter route they could have taken that was graded as the second lowest threat of snow slides.
Blackbird Mountain Guides, which organized the trip, said in a previous statement “guides in the field are in communication with senior guides at our base, to discuss conditions and routing based upon conditions.”
It added: “There is still a lot that we’re learning about what happened. It’s too soon to draw conclusions, but investigations are underway.”

Jim Zellers, who regularly visits the huts, warned the route they took may have been the best option given the circumstance.
He admitted there was a higher risk of avalanche on the path they took, but revealed the other way was harder to navigate in whiteout conditions.
He added: “You cannot start judging. It’s a terrible place to go. Those of us who are experienced are just sad, the less experienced are judging.”
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday said it was launching an investigation into whether there was any criminal negligence during the disaster.
Meanwhile California’s workplace safety agency Cal/OSHA initiated a separate probe into Blackbird Mountain Guides.
Six women have so far been identified in the tragedy, named as Carrie Atkin, Kate Morse, Danielle Keatley, Caroline Sekar, Kate Vitt and Liz Claubaugh.
Six others, including five women and a man aged 30 to 55, were rescued from the mountain on Wednesday.