A U.S. Army soldier is facing a rape charge in Ohio involving a 12-year-old girl, according to court filings.
Jayden Christopher Fox, 21, was taken into custody Friday at a motel in rural Montville after authorities allege he engaged in sexual activity with the child, court records obtained by Our News Outlet show.
Fox, who is originally from Florida, was later charged with rape of a child under 13, a felony offense that carries a mandatory prison term of at least five years.
His mother had previously celebrated on social media that he graduated last year from basic training at Fort Jackson in South Carolina.
The Medina County prosecutor’s office confirmed to Our News Outlet that Fox traveled to Ohio from a military base before the alleged assault.
Where Fox was stationed after completing basic training remains unclear. A Fort Jackson spokesperson said he is not currently assigned to that base.
Fox made his first court appearance Monday, when a judge set his bond at $2 million. He remains held at the Medina County Jail.
He has not entered a plea. On Tuesday, a grand jury indicted him on a first-degree felony rape charge, and his arraignment is scheduled for August 24.

Jayden Christopher Fox, seen at his Army graduation at Fort Jackson in South Carolina last year, has been arrested in Ohio for the alleged rape of a 12-year-old girl

Fox, 21, was arrested at a motel in rural Montville, Ohio on Friday after allegedly engaging in sexual activity with the girl, according to court records obtained by Our News Outlet
A complaint filed in Medina Municipal Court on Monday states that on Friday ‘Jayden Fox, being 21 years old, did engage in sexual conduct with a 12-year-old female.’
A supplemental affidavit states the information of the complaint was known through a ‘review of the written report’ from the investigating Montville police officer.
The Daily Mail requested a copy of the police report from the department, but was told by a public information officer that it has not yet been finalized.
The judge granted a temporary protection order for the alleged victim, court records showed.
The prosecution also recommended that Fox be prohibited from having contact with anyone under the age of 18, according to another court filing.
The US Army and Fox’s defense attorney did not respond to Our News Outlet’s request for comment.
Fox’s arrest follows a series of arrests against other military members accused of sexually assaulting children.

Fox with his mother at Fort Jackson in August last year. It is unclear which base he was stationed at after his completion of basic training

Fox appeared in court for his arraignment on Monday, where his bond was set at $2 million. He currently remains in custody in the Medina County Jail
A senior noncommissioned officer stationed at Fort Hood in Texas was sentenced to 25 years in prison in June after he was found guilty of sexually assaulting two children.
Sgt Major Victor M Rivera, 49, started abusing a teenage girl under the age of 16 in 2019, the Army Office of Special Trial Counsel said.
The following year, he began abusing another victim under the age of 12.
Rivera is serving his sentence at the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
He was reduced in rank to E-1 and received a dishonorable discharge from the Army.
Tyrone Barry Carter, Jr, a 26-year-old soldier stationed at Fort Stewart in Georgia, was arrested in May and charged with aggravated child molestation after multiple alleged victims accused him of nonconsensual sexual contact during their childhood.
The alleged victims claimed the alleged abuse occurred between 2017 and 2026, according to an arrest warrant reviewed by Our News Outlet.
Carter has not yet entered a plea. His bond was set at $25,000 in June.

Sgt. Major Victor M. Rivera, 49, a senior noncommissioned officer stationed at Fort Hood in Texas, was sentenced to 25 years in prison last month after he was found guilty of sexually assaulting two children


Tyrone Barry Carter, Jr., (left) a 26-year-old soldier stationed at Fort Stewart in Georgia, was arrested in May and charged with aggravated child molestation. Spc Samuel Noel Talavera, 22, (right) a soldier from Fort Bragg in North Carolina, was charged in December 2025 with sex trafficking a 11-year-old girl in Arizona
These arrests come just months after a soldier from Fort Bragg in North Carolina was charged in December 2025 with sex trafficking an 11-year-old girl who went missing from her home in Tucson, Arizona.
Spc Samuel Noel Talavera, 23, allegedly targeted the girl after connecting with her online, a criminal complaint said. He pled not guilty, KOLD reported.
He was charged with 15 counts of accomplice to sexual conduct with a minor under 15, six counts of sexual exploitation of a minor under 15, five counts of fraud and four counts of child sex trafficking under 15.
Four other men were arrested and charged in connection to the Talavera case.
The Daily Mail has approached Carter and Talavera’s attorneys for comment.