Sydney Swans senior coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills fronted reporters on Friday morning as the club attempts to navigate the final stretch of its AFL season under the shadow of an alleged sexual assault investigation.
The Swans have stood down Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey and James Jordon for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season after determining the group breached club standards by staying out late, drinking and returning to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel with women in the early hours of Monday.
The club-imposed bans are separate from an ongoing Victoria Police investigation into an alleged sexual assault at the hotel. No charges have been filed, and all of the players have denied any wrongdoing.
According to reports, police initially deemed the players unfit to be interviewed after the alleged incident. Heeney later voluntarily attended a city police station but was reportedly turned away.
The controversy deepened after one of the exotic dancers allegedly hired to perform lap dances for the players spoke to Our News Outlet, saying she had been subjected to backlash after fans leaked her identity. She also alleged the players claimed to be carpenters in an attempt to secure a discounted rate.
‘There is one particular person who has messaged me and commented on one of my photos and even contacted my dad,’ the dancer said.
‘My identity should not be out there. I am in a lot of danger. Some AFL fans are very angry about this and I don’t know what they may do.’
Further reports have alleged illicit drugs, including cocaine and ketamine, were present in the hotel room, with sources claiming players snorted substances off the dancers’ bodies.

Sydney Swans coach Dean Cox was questioned about explosive claims made by a lawyer representing two of the women involved in the alleged hotel incident

Isaac Heeney, who was stood down for bringing exotic dancers back to the hotel, is pictured with his fiancée, Steffie Waters

The Herald Sun reported that a player allegedly declared he had ‘done an Albo’ during the lapdance, seemingly referencing Anthony Albanese’s controversial comments about ‘melons’
Fresh allegations have also emerged about comments allegedly made by the players as the dancers performed.
The Herald Sun reported that a player allegedly declared he had ‘done an Albo’ during the alleged lap dance, seemingly referencing Anthony Albanese’s controversial comments about ‘melons’.
Albanese sparked controversy after discussing a gift of two melons from Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi while making gestures near his chest in a podcast interview.
Meanwhile, the lawyer representing two of the women involved has also spoken out, claiming there were more than five men in the Pullman East Melbourne hotel room and alleging the group included ‘leaders’ from the Sydney Swans.
Carbone Lawyers personal injury head John Karantzis made the claims on Friday.
‘With what has been alleged, these women were subject to the most disgusting actions and behaviour I have ever heard about in my 28 years as a lawyer,’ Mr Karantzis told 3AW’s Tom Elliott.
‘These women already have a difficult job and what they were subjected to is alleged, demeaning, abhorrent, and simply not moral or acceptable.’
Asked how many men were allegedly in the room and who they were, Mr Karantzis said the full story was yet to emerge.

Heeney, along with teammates Chad Warner, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey and James Jordon, has been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season

The suspended Swans players issued a joint apology on Wednesday evening (pictured: Nick Blakey, left, and Isaac Heeney, right)
‘It’s more than five (men in the room), that’s for sure,’ he said.
‘More than five men and it’s alleged that there were even a few leaders in that room.’
When Elliott asked whether he meant coaches, Mr Karantzis said: ‘I can’t say in concern to that, that is for the Sydney Swans to say.’
Cox was later asked about the lawyer’s claims and his description of the alleged behaviour and confirmed he wasn’t in the room.
‘Dean, a lawyer for two of the women spoke this morning and described the behaviour as disgusting, abhorrent, the worst he has ever heard of a woman being subjected to in his 28 years of being a lawyer,’ a journalist said.
‘How do you respond to that?’
‘I respond to – the utmost, the highest level about respecting women. I have always been like that,’ Cox said.
‘I can’t comment on what a lawyer says about something other than, you know, we’ll work through our process and my stance on respect for women is of the highest order.’
The Swans have since issued a blunt statement denying club ‘leaders’ were in the hotel room with the five suspended players.
In a statement posted to their website an hour after the press conference, the Swans said the claims were false and they were considering their ‘legal position’ on the matter.
‘The Sydney Swans can confirm that all investigations carried out by the Club have consistently indicated that the only representatives of the Club in the room central to the police investigation were the five players who have been stood down,’ the statement said.
‘We have every reason to consider that reports to the contrary are simply false.
‘We are respecting the process with the relevant authorities and will refrain from commenting on Police matters.
‘We would also like to take this opportunity to condemn some of the misinformation being reported and are now considering our legal position on those matters.’
The exotic dancer said there were nine men in the room.
‘I don’t want money. All I care about is justice,’ she told The Herald Sun.
‘I care about women’s rights and what’s right, because this happens too often to women and they get away with it.
‘We did the show for less money than normal because we thought they were carpenters,’ she said. ‘They told us they were carpenters.’
Albanese addressed the controversy in federal parliament on Thursday.
‘Every woman and every girl has the right to feel safe and must be safe at all times. There must be zero tolerance for sexual violence in Australia,’ the Prime Minister said.
Follow Daily Mail’s live coverage.
Swans coach Dean Cox responds to lawyer’s explosive claim women were subjected to ‘most disgusting actions and behaviour’ he’d heard of in 28 years
AFLW captain is ‘incredibly disappointed’
Sydney Swans AFLW coach and captain break silence on the saga
Swans issue blunt statement amid claim that club ‘leaders’ were in hotel room
Swans skipper downcast as he leaves press conference
Furious mum shares photo of her five-year-old daughter with Isaac Heeney taken as police drama unfolded
Why were the five players driven back to Sydney?
Swans coach refuses to say if other club staff were in hotel room with five players: ‘That’s a police investigation’
Swans captain Callum Mills breaks his silence on scandal
Swans coach apologises to women at centre of allegations
Swans players break their silence
Sydney Swans players ‘filmed BY strippers’ during hotel scandal as fresh WhatsApp claims emerge

