Alec Baldwin Says He Wants Apologies When DA Report On ‘Rust’ Shooting Is Released
Share this @internewscast.com


Topline

Actor Alec Baldwin said Tuesday he will be owed an apology once the district attorney releases a report on the fatal shooting that occurred on the set of the movie—during which a gun in Baldwin’s hand fired and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins—as the actor becomes increasingly vocal about his innocence in the tragedy.

Key Facts

When a Twitter user accused Baldwin of not taking responsibility for the shooting, Baldwin responded saying, “when the DA’s report comes out, you can apologize to me.”

Baldwin shared an article Friday about production being shut down on a Halle Berry and Mark Wahlberg-led film after potential live ammunition was discovered on set, which he later clarified was a “false report.”

This is not the first time Baldwin has proclaimed his innocence in the shooting: His lawyer previously said a workplace safety report about conditions on set “exonerated” Baldwin, and Baldwin has said he is not responsible and did not pull the gun’s trigger.

No one has been charged in relation to the shooting.

Key Background

In October, a gun in Baldwin’s hand, which he believed was safe to use, fired during a rehearsal and killed Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza. Authorities are investigating how live ammunition was able to get onto the set and into the gun, and why the crew wasn’t able to catch it before it fired. The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department said in April that the investigation into the shooting was still ongoing and that no one was “off the hook” for criminal charges yet. Baldwin claimed in a December interview that it was very unlikely he would be charged. Two months ago, a New Mexico workplace safety organization said the conditions on the set of the movie and the disregard for weapons safety led to the shooting. Baldwin’s lawyer said it cleared his name because it showed Baldwin believed the weapon in his hand was safe to use. Rust Movie Productions was issued a maximum fine, though the producers later filed a challenge to the group’s decision, saying it was not equipped to judge the safety of a film set. Baldwin and other producers were sued by Hutchins’ family for wrongful death.

Further Reading

Rust Production Company Appeals Fine Over Safety Violations (Forbes)

No One ‘Off The Hook For Criminal Charges’ In ‘Rust’ Shooting, Sheriff Says (Forbes)

‘Rust’ Investigation Still Ongoing Six Months After On-Set Shooting, Authorities Say (Forbes)

Alec Baldwin Boasts About ‘Rust’ Shooting Report He Claims ‘Exonerates’ Him (Forbes)

‘Rust’ Production Company Fined For Not Following Safety Procedures That Led To Shooting (Forbes)



Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Pro Skateboarder Leo Baker’s Newest Trick: Sticking To Business

Leo Baker attends the World Premiere of Netflix’s “Stay On Board: The…

Axie Infinity cuts rewards from classic game, subtly forcing P2E players to new mode

Play-to-earn (P2E) blockchain game Axie Infinity (AXS) has completely removed the token…

Implications For Christopher Columbus, Oysters, And Walruses

Percentage symbol icon and house getty The dramatic history of the Inflation…

Peloton to Shed About 800 Jobs

Peloton Interactive plans to cut about 800 jobs as it looks to…

‘House Of The Dragon’ Wines Are Here For The ‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel’s August 21 Premiere

House of the Dragon wines Vintage Wine Estates House of the Dragon,…

A catalyst for mainstream crypto adoption

For Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin (BTC), the motivation to create…

Rising Unemployment Claims Signal ‘Rapid Deterioration’ In Job Market—But Here’s Why The Data May Be Misleading

Topline New jobless claims rose to the highest level in nine months…

NHTSA, the Nation’s Top Auto-Safety Regulator, Is Losing Its Administrator

The nation’s top auto-safety regulator is losing its top administrator Steven Cliff,…