Share this @internewscast.com

Gary O’Neil will be offered a new contract by Wolves including a significant pay rise after a hugely impressive first season in charge.

The former Bournemouth boss took the reins less than a week before the start of the season, and with nearly £150million worth of talent sold by the end of August. His initial brief was simply to keep Wolves in the Premier League against a backdrop of financial uncertainty.

Yet O’Neil has performed so well that Wolves have an outside chance of qualifying for Europe next season. They are 10th in the table, four points adrift of West Ham in seventh, and will reach the FA Cup semi-finals if they beat Championship club Coventry at Molineux next Saturday.

‘Part of the conversation will be the plan for the club and that’s where you have to have the honest conversations about what it looks like going forward. That is an inevitable situation we find ourselves in this summer, for sure.’

Gary O'Neil is set to be offered a new contract at Wolves are enjoying an impressive first campaign at the club

Gary O’Neil is set to be offered a new contract at Wolves are enjoying an impressive first campaign at the club

Wolves are 10th in the table with aspirations of achieving European qualification. They have also progressed to the FA Cup quarter-finals

Wolves are 10th in the table with aspirations of achieving European qualification. They have also progressed to the FA Cup quarter-finals

Though Hobbs denies Wolves will be forced to sell players in the summer, the Premier League’s spending rules mean such decisions must be weighed carefully.

Pedro Neto’s sparkling form this season means he will have suitors at the end of the season, with the wide attacker valued at about £60m. 

Max Kilman, Rayan Ait-Nouri, Joao Gomes and Matheus Cunha – even though the latter is injured – are among those who also have admirers among Wolves’ rivals.

Wolves owner Guo Guangchang during the Premier League match at Molineux last month

Wolves owner Guo Guangchang during the Premier League match at Molineux last month

Wolves sporting director Matt Hobbs said the club don't want to sell more than two starters this summer

Wolves sporting director Matt Hobbs said the club don’t want to sell more than two starters this summer

Hobbs added: ‘We don’t want to sell more than two starters. But if big clubs come I’ve never been the person to stand in someone’s way as long as we can reinvest in the right way to move forward. 

‘We showed with other players leaving last year that we’re able to move forward with three or four starters going. We’re always looking to improve and we have the ability to turn down big offers, but every player has their number as well.’

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

How Vincent Kompany Transformed Bayern Munich: The ‘Brutal Truth’ Behind His Coaching Success and Harry Kane’s Revival

Vincent Kompany, the esteemed former center half, still occasionally joins the lads…

Ex-Arsenal and Man City Legend Reveals Unexpected Premier League Striker as Man United’s Key to Forward Line Success

Former Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna has suggested that Manchester United should consider…

From Church Dribbles to Premier League: Estevao Willian’s Divine Journey to Chelsea Stardom

As Arsenal’s defenders prepare to face Estevao Willian, they might soon notice…

Inside Ryan Garcia’s Turbulent Year: From Jail Time to a £15M Jake Paul Offer and a Vow to Triumph Over Barrios

Ryan Garcia has opened up about the tumultuous period in his life…

Shocking Violence at Aston Villa: Swiss Hooligans Attack Police in Disturbing New Footage

Disturbing new video has surfaced showing law enforcement officers being attacked by…

Antony’s £81m Acquisition Questioned: Jadon Sancho’s £75m Transfer Faces Criticism, Cristiano Ronaldo’s Return Divides Fans – Analyzing Manchester United’s Signings Following Club’s Lowest Value Rating

How poorly has Manchester United fared in the transfer market over the…

Martin O’Neill Confident Wilfried Nancy Will Remain Unaffected by Celtic’s Off-Field Challenges

Martin O’Neill assures that Wilfried Nancy will have a clean slate as…

FIFA Unveils New Draw Format: Discover England’s Path to the World Cup Final

England approaches the 2026 World Cup with a significant advantage, as FIFA’s…

Outrage in Football: Dutch Legend Condemns Bullying of Germany’s Angelo Stiller Over Cleft Lip, Sparks Club Apology

Victor Edvardsen of the Go Ahead Eagles has issued an apology following…