Share this @internewscast.com

PSG are interested in signing Manchester United target Frenkie de Jong this summer, according to a report.

The midfielder seems set to leave Barcelona once and for all after the Catalan side named their asking price for his services, and a number of clubs are in the race to secure the Dutchman’s signature.

De Jong came close to signing for United in 2022 when the Red Devils tabled £70million for the Dutchman, but he instead opted to stay in Spain and fight for his future at the club.

According to SPORT, the French champions are willing to splash up to £68.5million to sign de Jong, who will likely have the choice of where he wants to play next season given Barcelona’s willingness to do business.

PSG have joined the race to sign Frenkie de Jong in the summer transfer window, according to a report

PSG have joined the race to sign Frenkie de Jong in the summer transfer window, according to a report

The midfielder has reportedly grown frustrated with on and off-field issues at Barcelona

The midfielder has reportedly grown frustrated with on and off-field issues at Barcelona

Luis Enrique's side are said to be willing to pay up to £68.5million, but may have to up their bid

Luis Enrique’s side are said to be willing to pay up to £68.5million, but may have to up their bid

De Jong hoped he could turn round his difficult spell at the club when he rejected United, but things have only got worse and he himself is now reportedly open to a switch.

It’s said that the 26-year-old has grown increasingly discontent with issues on and off the pitch, and would be willing to put an end to his five-year stay at the club.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona are asking for £85million for their man, meaning PSG would have to increase their offer if they want to sign De Jong in the next transfer window.

Manchester United, however, remain interested and could be prepared to splash the cash on another player manager Erik ten Hag knows well from his time at Ajax.

Erik ten Hag's Manchester United remain interested in De Jong having bid £70million for him two years ago

Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United remain interested in De Jong having bid £70million for him two years ago

The Dutchman has made 16 starts for Barcelona this season with an ankle injury hampering his campaign

The Dutchman has made 16 starts for Barcelona this season with an ankle injury hampering his campaign

De Jong has made 16 starts for Barca this season, scoring just once, with an ankle injury keeping him out for two months of the campaign.

The Dutchman came under fire last month after he was accused of feigning illness to miss Barcelona’s 3-2 defeat against Antwerp, with his agent angrily dismissing the reports as ‘fake news’.

De Jong himself recently insisted that he’s ‘very satisfied’ at Barcelona despite reports of his unhappiness, but also refused to rule out a potential move in the future.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Roberto De Zerbi Poised to Exit Marseille Amid Manchester United Interest: Premier League Clubs on High Alert

Reports from France suggest that Roberto De Zerbi is on the brink…

Richard Hammond’s Daughter Involved in Concrete Wall Collision During Formula E Race After Expressing Concerns

Izzy Hammond, the daughter of ex-Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond, experienced a…

Juventus Erupts in Chaos: Chiellini’s Tunnel Row and Media Blackout Follow Controversial Referee Call in Inter Defeat

The fierce rivalry between Inter Milan and Juventus intensified on Saturday night…

Rangers Place Full Confidence in Rohl: Can He Transform the Team’s Serial Losing Streak?

Securing a victory against Hearts could significantly bolster Rangers head coach Danny…

Late Derby Triumph: Are Derek McInnes’ Hearts Destined for Championship Glory?

In a dramatic evening that seemed to suggest destiny favors Hearts in…

Katie Boulter’s Playful Congratulatory Message to Fiancé Alex de Minaur After Rotterdam Title Victory

Katie Boulter playfully reached out to her Australian partner, Alex de Minaur,…

Eni Aluko Exposes Toxicity in British TV: Why She Quit After Controversial Clashes

Eni Aluko has described the British television industry as a “very toxic…