|Daniel Durant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1989|
Daniel Durant is an American actor and stage artist who gained popularity by playing Matthew in the teen/family drama television series Switched at Birth. He has also been cast in shows and movies such as Silent Notes, CODA, You, and The Suite Life on Deck.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Daniel Durant got enrolled at Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf (MSAD) and also attended Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) in Rochester, New York. Then, he studied at Gallaudet University in Washington D.C.
Actor, Stage Artist
- Others – Lori Durant (Paternal Aunt) (who later adopted Daniel), Donald Stephen Durant (Grandfather), Jeannine E. M. Wesley (Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Daniel Durant is of French-Canadian descent.
Daniel Durant Facts
- He was born deaf to deaf parents who struggled with addiction.
- His aunt Lori Durant adopted him as a toddler and he was raised in Duluth, Minnesota.
- In 2012, Daniel Durant joined the Deaf West Theatre for its production of Cyrano de Bergerac.
- He was seen as Moritz Stiefel in the 2015 Broadway revival of Spring Awakening and this won him the BroadwayWorld LA Award for “Best Featured Actor in a Musical” as well as the Theatre World Award for “Outstanding Broadway Debut Performance”.
- From 2013 to 2017, Daniel Durant was cast in the recurring role of Matthew, a deaf boy who tries to frame hearing students at school, in the teen/family drama television series Switched at Birth.
- In December 2019, he appeared as James in an episode titled Farewell, My Bunny of the psychological thriller television series You.
- Alongside Emilia Jones, Eugenio Derbez, Troy Kotsur, Ferdia Walsh-Peelo, and Marlee Matlin, Daniel Durant co-starred as Leo Rossi, Ruby’s brother, in the 2021 coming-of-age comedy-drama film CODA. It is an English-language remake of the 2014 French-Belgian film La Famille Bélier and CODA won 3 Oscars at the 94th Academy Awards, becoming the first film produced and/or distributed by a streaming service as well as the first starring predominantly deaf actors to win “Best Picture”.
Featured Image by Daniel Durant / Instagram
Source: This post first appeared on https://healthyceleb.com/