Share this @internewscast.com
|Jang Minho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jang Minho is a South Korean singer, actor, and TV presenter who has released the studio album titled Drama (January 2017) and the EPs The Man Says (May 2013) and Essay ep. 1 (January 2022). He has written lyrics and composed songs for several A-list South Korean musicians. He has also acted in a few films and TV series and has hosted/co-hosted/judged numerous musical reality TV shows.
Busan, South Korea
Jang, after his high school graduation, had joined Dankook University, a private research university in Yongin and Cheonan, South Korea. He had studied at the university’s Graduate School of Culture and Arts and had graduated from there with a master’s degree in performance arts.
Singer, Actor, TV Presenter
- Father – Jang Sun-gak
- Mother – Kim Hwa-ja
- Siblings – He has an older brother and an older sister.
- Ho Entertainment
- Wings Entertainment
- Kakao Entertainment
- Elijah Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Lanky frame
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Charming smile
Jang Minho Facts
- Born in Busan, the 2nd largest city in South Korea, Jang and his family had moved to Incheon, a South Korean city bordering the capital of Seoul, when he was very young.
- During his high school days, he used to take acting lessons at a nearby institution that had landed him modeling offers for various TV commercials.
- He was enlisted in the South Korean military in 2007 as conscription in South Korea (which has existed since 1957) requires male citizens to perform compulsory military service. He was relieved from his service in 2009.
- In the early 2010s, when his career seemed to be going nowhere, he had tried to get a job as a steward with a foreign airline, particularly in China, because he is fluent in Mandarin.
- He has been actively involved with Compassion International, an American child sponsorship, and Christian humanitarian aid organization headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, since 2006. He has been sponsoring 3 children through the Korean chapter of the organization since 2009.
- Although he was born on September 11, 1977, he celebrates his birthday by the lunar calendar which changes his birthday to somewhere around July 28 every year. This often confuses his fans because the lunar calendar changes the date every year.
- He is one of the most well-supported celebrities in South Korea and a Gallup Korea (a South Korean research company that had become a member of Gallup International Association in 1997) survey had ranked him the 8th most influential singer with 8.5% of the vote in the over-40 age bracket.
- On March 21, 2021, his fans had celebrated the 10th anniversary of his trot (a genre of Korean popular music known for its use of repetitive rhythm and vocal inflections) debut. They had posted congratulatory advertisements on the billboards of several bus stops, subway stations, and shopping malls. His overseas fans had even sent congratulatory videos that were displayed at the iconic Times Square in New York.
Featured Image by Jang Minho / Instagram
Source: This post first appeared on https://healthyceleb.com/