|Tom Stoppard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1937|
Tom Stoppard is a widely celebrated playwright and screenwriter from Britain who has roots in the Czech Republic. Some of his most noteworthy plays are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (1966), The Real Thing (1982), Arcadia (1993), The Invention of Love (1997), and Leopoldstadt (2020).
Zlín, Moravia, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic)
- Father – Eugen Sträussler (Physician)
- Mother – Martha Becková
- Siblings – Petr Sträussler (Brother)
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom has dated –
- Mia Farrow
- Josie Ingle (1965-1972) – He tied the knot with nurse Josie Ingle in 1965. Their marriage produced sons Oliver Stoppard and Barnaby Stoppard before ending in divorce in 1972.
- Miriam Stern (1972-1992) – The esteemed playwright was married to his 2nd wife, doctor Miriam Stern from 1972 until 1992. The estranged couple shares 2 sons together – Will Stoppard and Edmund Stoppard (b. September 16, 1974), who is an actor.
- Felicity Kendal (1990-1998)
- Sinéad Cusack
- Sabrina Guinness (2012-Present) – After nearly 2 years of dating, Stoppard wed brewery heiress Sabrina Guinness on June 6, 2014.
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ with his advancing age.
- Tall and strong built
- Pronounced facial features
Tom Stoppard Facts
- His grandparents on both sides were Jewish and had died in concentration camps during World War II.
- Tom has contributed to the screenplays of films like Sleepy Hollow (1999), Shakespeare in Love (1998), Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005), and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989).
- As a child, he lived briefly in Singapore and India (in Darjeeling) before settling down in England with his mother and army major step-father, Kenneth Stoppard.
Featured Image by Gorup de Besanez / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0
Source: This post first appeared on https://healthyceleb.com/