Political wannabe hit with second charge for alleged Nazi act

A failed political candidate accused of giving a Nazi salute during a Welcome to Country at an AFL semi-final has allegedly been caught repeating the act.

Queensland man Tylere Baker-Pearce, 39, allegedly performed the salute during the opening of the Brisbane Lions match at the Gabba on September 13.

The incident scored the footy fan a lifetime ban from all major sporting facilities in the state and criminal charges for the alleged public display of a Nazi salute, an offence punishable by up to five years in prison.

Tylere Baker-Pearce arrives at the Brisbane Magistrates Court, in Brisbane, Monday, September 29, 2025. Tylere Baker-Pearce is charged with making a Nazi salute during AFL pre-game ceremony at the Gabba.
Tylere Baker-Pearce arrives at the Brisbane Magistrates Court, in Brisbane, Monday, September 29, 2025. Tylere Baker-Pearce is charged with making a Nazi salute during AFL pre-game ceremony at the Gabba. (AAP Image/Jason O’Brien)

Police allege Baker-Pearce performed the salute a second time on the day of the semi-final, minutes after being released from the Brisbane watchhouse on the first charge.

During a brief appearance in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday, Baker-Pearce said he was a disability support pensioner who also volunteered at a charity organisation.

He did not enter a plea to the initial charge and was granted bail to reappear on October 17

However, detectives were waiting when he left the arrest court.

Tylere Baker-Pearce queensland man court nazi salute
Baker-Pearce at court today. (Nine)

Baker-Pearce was whisked away to an interview room, arrested and marched under police escort to the watchhouse, where he was hit with the new charge over the second alleged salute.

Outside the court, he denied ever making the Nazi salute and said he was unsure why he had been charged.

“I’m innocent,” Baker-Pearce said.

“I’m a loyal Australian patriot.”

Baker-Pearce has twice run as an independent in state elections for Narre Warren South in Victoria in 2022 and Surfers Paradise in Queensland in 2017.

You May Also Like

Former Employee Arrested for Alleged Restaurant Theft Case

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Richard David Hunnicutt Jr., 53, was arrested…

Meijer Hostage Standoff: Dead Man’s Switch, Hypnotists Demanded

Inset: Anthony Lehman (Waukesha County Jail). Background: A Meijer store in Waukesha,…

Teen Allegedly Paid by Friend to Kill Friend’s Parents for Inheritance Must Face Jury

Insets, from left: Julio Zamora and Darren Munoz (Curry County Sheriff’s Office).…

Driver, 82, Avoids Jail After Hitting 7-Year-Old on E-Scooter

Inset: Karina Pubchara-Martinez (WTVJ). Background: The Miami intersection of SW 32nd Street…

Trader Joe’s Manager Killed by Police During Gunman’s Standoff After Grandmother and Teen Girlfriend Shot

Inset: Melyda “Mely” Corado (Facebook). Background: KTLA news footage shows Gene Atkins…

Suit: Man Followed Woman in Dollar Tree, Attacked With Fluids

Dollar Tree stores nationwide have been cited in lawsuits as alleged targets…

Trump DOJ Cites James Comey Novel as It Argues Jury Should Decide If Seashells Were Coded Threat to Kill President

Main: Former FBI Director James Comey speaks at Harvard University’s Institute of…

Gainesville Felon Gets 46 Months for Federal Gun, Drug Crimes

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – DaMorie Lamontay Miles, 20, will serve 46…