Inconsistent Statements Cloud Search for California Baby Emmanuel Haro, Foul Play Not Ruled Out
Share this @internewscast.com

In California, officials have taken possession of a car owned by the father of a 7-month-old boy whose mother reported the child was abducted after she was attacked and rendered unconscious in a parking lot.

On NewsNation’s “Banfield,” the attorney for Jake Haro stated that the father is fully cooperating with the investigation. The same lawyer previously mentioned to another media source that “nobody is searching for” the child, Emmanuel Haro.

“Find Emmanuel, that’s all the family is asking for,” said Vincent Hughes, a defense attorney who represented Jake Haro in a previous case, told KCBS. “Nobody is searching for a seven-month-old child, and that’s the biggest issue here.”

Rebecca Haro reported her son missing the previous Thursday. She recounted that they were at a nearby park for another child’s football practice. She mentioned taking the baby to a sporting goods store to buy a mouthguard, and while in the parking lot, she stopped to change his diaper. It was there she claimed an unknown person attacked her, leaving her with a black eye and abducted the baby.

Officials immediately initiated a comprehensive search for the child and an alleged assailant, yet they quickly began to question the authenticity of Haro’s account. By Saturday, detectives revealed that the mother “opted out of further interviews” when they questioned “discrepancies in her original report.”

Though these “discrepancies” are unclear, some news sources have suggested the mother might have had a black eye prior to the supposed abduction and that the baby was possibly not at the park with the family.

Despite the attorney’s remarks that “nobody is searching for” the missing boy, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department has stated that they have performed “extensive searches in Yucaipa and Cabazon, aiming to find Emmanuel and uncover any clues that could help determine his whereabouts and the details of his disappearance.”

Hughes, who represented Jake Haro in his 2021 conviction for a child cruelty incident that took place in 2018, said that the Haros have been cooperative with investigators and that the father’s previous conviction should not be taken into account in this case.

He stressed on “Banfield” that he represents Jake Haro and not Rebecca Haro, saying that the husband had handed over his electronic devices and passwords and is cooperating with authorities.

Hughes confirmed that authorities had seized the family vehicle.

Meanwhile, the national Uvalde Foundation for Kids, which had withdrawn from the search for Emmanuel and dropped its offer of a reward after the parents stopped talking with police, said Monday it was prepared to return to the search after Hughes told them the parents dropped out of search efforts because of unspecified “threats.”

“Join our search and you will be protected,” the foundation said, according to Victor Valley News. “A community seeks answers. You say that you do. Prove it, and our foundation and most assuredly a community will follow. If you have nothing to hide step forward and you will find you have more support than you could ever imagine. Finding Emmanuel should supersede everything else.”

The foundation said it would send volunteer teams to the Haro home if they decide to reengage with the search.

The sheriff’s department asks anyone with information to contact theits Specialized Investigations Division at 909-890-4904.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Shocking Ohio Case: Man Posing as Teen Targets Vulnerable Kids in Online Exploitation

A Middletown man, aged 53, is facing a lengthy prison sentence after…

Adelaide Stabbing Leaves Man in Critical Condition: Police Investigate

A 32-year-old man is in critical condition following an alleged stabbing incident…

Police Report: Woman Stabbed Following Cigarette Request

Inset: Pamela Puskar (McCabe Funeral Home). Background: Glenn Whittier being escorted to…

Authorities Report 15-Year-Old Suspect in Shooting of Bicyclist with Taurus 9mm

Inset: Tommy Lagree (Orange County Sheriff”s Office). Background: The 4900 block of…

Thanksgiving Tragedy: Man Sets Neighbor’s Home Ablaze, Police Report

Inset: Ora Wallace (Vernon County Sheriff”s Office). Background: The home on County…

Shocking Arrest in Gainesville: Man Threatens Dogs and Attempts Break-In

Staff Report Note: This article was updated on November 30 to correct…

Probation Violation: Man Arrested with 125 Grams of Marijuana Sparks Legal Controversy

Staff Report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – In the early hours today, authorities apprehended…

Family in Distress as Investigation Unfolds into Anna Kepner’s Cruise Ship Ordeal

The family of Anna Kepner is grappling with heartache and confusion as…

Shocking Incident: Child Hospitalized After Alleged Abuse During Diaper Change—Police Investigate

Share A troubling incident in Kentucky has led to the arrest of…

Urgent Search for Missing Alabama Brothers, Ages 6 and 7: Police Request Public Assistance

The Autauga County Sheriff’s Office is reaching out to the community for…

Netanyahu Seeks Contentious Corruption Pardon, Declaring It ‘Impossible

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has asked the country’s president to grant…

Family Ties Under Scrutiny: Fiancé and Sister Charged in Case of Missing Pregnant Woman

Inset left to right: Richard Falor, Kimberly Park and Rebecca Park (Wexford…