Home with toddlers inside sprayed with bullets in drive-by shooting
A gunman allegedly opened fire at a home on the NSW Central Coast as two toddlers slept inside.

Last night around 9 PM, a shocking incident unfolded in Spencer when a shotgun blast shattered the calm of the evening. According to police reports, the shots were fired from a passing vehicle, targeting a residence in the area.

Inside the home at the time was Dan Carden with his family, who were left shaken by the unexpected attack. In a conversation with 9News, Carden shared the distressing aftermath of the incident, particularly highlighting the damage to their recently acquired vehicle.

“We had just bought this car, a white Ford Territory,” Carden explained. “We had been without a car for quite some time, and now we’re back to having no car at all.”

Inside the home was Dan Carden and his family.He told 9News a recently bought car, a white Ford Territory, was damaged beyond repair.
Inside the home was Dan Carden and his family.He told 9News a recently bought car, a white Ford Territory, was damaged beyond repair. (Nine)

The sound of gunfire also drew the attention of nearby residents, including neighbor Sandra Stanley. She recounted the moment she heard the shots, prompting her to rush outside to see what had happened.

“We don’t have a car [anymore].”

Neighbour Sandra Stanley said she came running outside when she heard the gunshots.

She told 9News it was a shocking incident in a quiet part of the Central Coast.

“I heard the bang last night, it was enough to bring me out of the house,” she said.

“[I’m] pretty horrified really, just a shock.”

Fortunately, no one in the house was injured, which included a one-year-old and a three-year-old.

Carden said it was clear the gun used was a shotgun due to damage from ball bearing pellets being visible to his car and the house.

The perpetrator is still on the loose, with police said they are looking to speak to the occupants of a dark-coloured ute with a canopy, which was seen driving south along Wiseman’s Ferry Road.

Carden said he is still in fear that the perpetrator could strike again if they aren’t found.

“Until they’re caught, I’m always going to be worried someone will be looking over our shoulder, just in case we don’t know who it was,” he said.

A crime scene has been established, and an investigation is under way.

You May Also Like

White House Lawyer Opposes ABA Bid to Identify Advisers Behind Trump Law Firm Executive Orders

President Donald Trump listens during a Cabinet meeting on Friday, July 31,…

Repeat Felon Gets Two-Year Prison Sentence for Firearm Offense

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Robert Anthony Yancy, Jr., 25, will spend…

Parents Accused of Starving Toddler Found With 80-Degree Body Temperature and Severe Bedsores

Inset, left to right: Stephanie Woods and Cody Mercer (Hamilton County Sheriff’s…

Fani Willis Blasts Judge’s Errors in Trump RICO Fee Fight

Inset left: Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis testifies at a hearing…

Man Tore Door Off Hinges to Fight Ex’s Boyfriend: Police

Inset: Steven Shannon (Allen County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Allen County Jail…

Men Accused of Stabbing Roommate 19 Times After Drinking-Fueled Fight Over Chores and Thermostat

Background: Water Street in Menasha, Wisconsin (Google Maps). Inset, left to right:…

Orange Park Handyman Arrested, Accused of Watching Woman Through Backyard Windows Near UF Campus

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A 49-year-old Orange Park man was arrested…

Son Asked Dad to Talk, Then Stabbed Him in Neck: Police

Inset: Joseph Niemiec (Hall County Jail). Background: The 4200 block of 21st…