Family Releases New Video Asking Nancy Guthrie’s Kidnappers to Make Contact

On Thursday evening, Savannah Guthrie took to Instagram with a heartfelt video appeal, urging those responsible for her mother’s abduction to “reach out … so we can move forward.” The video featured her brother, Camron Guthrie, delivering the plea.

Camron Guthrie emphasized the family’s need for proof of their mother’s whereabouts, stating, “First, we have to know that you have our mom. We want to talk to you and are waiting for contact.”

He acknowledged the absence of any direct communication from the alleged captors, leaving the family in an agonizing state of uncertainty.

This marked the second public statement from the children of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie, who was reportedly kidnapped from her Arizona residence last Saturday night, according to CrimeOnline.

Earlier in the week, Savannah Guthrie had addressed the ransom letters sent to several media outlets in a previous video. She, like her brother in the latest installment, implored the kidnappers to confirm her mother’s safety and existence.

In the first video, Savannah Guthrie acknowledged ransom letters received by multiple media outlets earlier in the week, and, as her brother did in the new video, called for the kidnappers to let the family “know without a doubt that she is alive and that you have her.”

Although investigators have not released details of what was contained in the ransom letters, media that received them said the kidnappers demanded millions of dollars in Bitcoin, and FBI Special Agent in Heith Janke said that the letters contained two deadlines, one of which passed late Thursday afternoon. The second deadline is on Monday, he said.

Investigators have said that Nancy Guthrie had dinner with her oldest daughter, Annie Guthrie, and son-in-law, Tommaso Cioni, Saturday night. Family checked on her Sunday morning after she didn’t appear for church and found her missing. Police said the scene told them Nancy Guthrie didn’t leave the house on her own — including a small amount of blood found by the front door that investigators said belonged to the missing woman.

The FBI announced a $50,000 reward in the case on Thursday and announced the arrest of a man in California for an “imposter ransom demand” made in text messages to Annie Guthrie and Cioni. That demand was not believed connected with the letters received by media outlets on Monday.

You May Also Like

Revenge Shooting Kills Innocent Driver in Mistaken Attack

Insets, from left: Franklin Radell Smoak Jr. and Terrance Fields. Background: The…

Dad Refused 911 After Allegedly Pinching Baby’s Nose: Cops

Celia Colby (Larkin Funeral Home). A Utah father has been accused in…

Police: Husband Drove Across Several States With Dead Wife Propped in Passenger Seat Before Traffic Stop

Left inset: Tyronne Brazille (Shelby County Sheriff’s Office). Right inset: Lanessa Bradford…

Hawthorne Police Arrest Probationer in Stolen Car Case

Staff report HAWTHORNE, Fla. – A 37-year-old man with a recent probation…

Back-to-School Scams: How Grandparents Can Stay Safe This Fall

Press release from Operation Senior Shield TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – With students returning…

Cops: Therapy Workers Locked Special Needs Clients in Basement

Left: Praise Gahn. Right: Zarkpa Green (Polk County Sheriff’s Office). Two Iowa…

Walmart Worker Accused of Summoning Armed Friends After Shopper’s ‘Glare,’ Sparking Checkout Shooting: Lawsuit

Left inset: Roberto Acevedo (Miami-Dade County Corrections and Rehabilitation). Center inset: Surveillance…