Dad gets max sentence for 'continuous' abuse that killed son
Share this @internewscast.com
Inset: Landan Jennings (Clark County Jail). Background: The apartment complex where authorities said he abused his 4-month-old son to death (WHIO).

Inset: Landan Jennings (Clark County Jail). Background: The apartment complex where authorities said he abused his 4-month-old son to death (WHIO).

A 25-year-old father from Ohio has been sentenced to over a decade in prison for his involvement in the death of his 4-month-old son, who succumbed to prolonged abuse.

On Tuesday, Clark County Common Pleas Judge Douglas M. Rastatter imposed the maximum sentence of up to 16 1/2 years on Landan Jennings in a state correctional facility for the heinous 2023 murder of his infant son, as reported by court documents reviewed by Law&Crime. Earlier in February, Landan accepted a plea deal with the Clark County Prosecutor’s Office by pleading guilty to one count of permitting child abuse. In return for his plea, additional charges were dismissed, which included two counts of murder, one count of felonious assault, and one count of endangering children.

The child’s mother, Angel Seiker, also faced charges related to her son’s death. She entered a guilty plea for the same charge as Jennings and is awaiting sentencing on a future date.

Prior to handing down the sentence, Rastatter addressed Jennings directly and explained why he felt the maximum sentence was appropriate.

“Really the only thing this child experienced in this world was pain and suffering. I cannot in good conscience show you any mercy or any leniency when your son didn’t get any of that,” he said, according to courtroom footage posted by Dayton, Ohio CBS affiliate WHIO. “This child was abused continuously over the months before his death.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Justice Thomas Opposes Decision in Truck Driver’s CBD Lawsuit

Left: Associate Justice Clarence Thomas is pictured during a group photo at…

Father Allegedly Exploits 3-Year-Old Son’s Death to Scam Friends Out of $1.3 Million

A Sydney man has been accused of using his three-year-old son’s accidental…

Final detainee who reportedly broke out of Aurora ICE facility now in custody

DENVER — The second of two men who allegedly escaped from the…

Orlando Mitchell Receives Sentence for the Murder of Krystal Walton

Insets, from left: Krystal Walton, (WXIN) Marion County Sheriff’s Deputy John Durm…

Investigation Launched After Infant’s Remains Discovered Next to Damaged Casket at Cemetery

West Virginia officials said no graves were disturbed at a cemetery where…

Authorities Continue Search for Florida Woman Who Disappeared Last Year

Authorities from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) in Florida conducted…

British Couple Identified in Suspected Murder-Suicide Case in New Zealand

The UK couple found dead in a suspected murder-suicide in New Zealand…

Trump Pardons Jan. 6 Defendant Involved in Gun and Grenade Case

Left: President Donald Trump delivers remarks during an event celebrating the 2024…

Trump-Pardoned Drug Trafficker Arrested Once More

Inset: Photo of Jonathan Braun, courtesy of the Nassau County Police Department.…

Deputy Accused of Assaulting Mentally Ill Inmate Who Later Passed Away

Background: A news report featuring a video of Anthony Mitchell while in…

Man Set to Plead Guilty in Plot Against Kavanaugh

U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh listens as Taoiseach Micheal Martin…

Denver Man’s Family Seeks Justice Two Years After His Murder

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — The family of James “Jay” Montoya is continuing their…