Share this @internewscast.com
Planned Parenthood destroyed in Dec. 31 fire.

Planned Parenthood destroyed in Dec. 31 fire.

The New Year’s Eve fire that destroyed a Planned Parenthood in Knoxville, Tennessee, was ruled an arson, according to officials. One or more people started the blaze intentionally, investigators said.

“Knoxville Fire Department investigators, along with assistance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), have conducted a thorough scene investigation of the December 31st 710 N. Cherry Street – Planned Parenthood fire and determined the fire to have been purposely set by an individual or individuals who, at this time, remain unidentified,” the Knoxville Fire Department said in a statement on Thursday.

Officials previously said they got a call early Dec. 31 about the building being on fire.

“On arrival companies found a large single story commercial building fully involved with fire through the roof,” authorities wrote at the time. “Crews initially attacked the fire defensively from the exterior. Currently the fire is under control and should be declared out shortly. The building was being renovated at the time of the fire. The building is a total loss.”

Investigators did not suggest a motive, but Planned Parenthood has long been a political lightning rod as the nation’s leading abortion provider. Violence aimed at Planned Parenthood, and similar providers and clinics is hardly unprecedented. For example, Robert Dear was charged with opening fire at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado in Nov. 27, 2015, killing police officer Garrett Swasey, 44, Army veteran Ke’Arre M. Stewart, 29, and mother of two Jennifer Markovsky, 35. He also wounded nine others, authorities said. Dear’s case has stalled in both state and federal courts because judges determined he was incompetent to face trial.

“The Knoxville Fire Department is asking for the community’s help; if you have any information related to the fire please call 1-800-762-3017 or email [email protected],” fire officials said regarding the Knoxville fire. “There is a reward of up to $10,000.00 for information that would lead to the prosecution of anyone involved in any criminal activity related to this fire. All calls are confidential.”

[Image via Knoxville Fire Department]

Have a tip we should know? [email protected]

Source: This post first appeared on

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Tragic Cross-State Crime: Man Fatally Attacks Mother and Abducts Young Boy, Sparking Nationwide Alert

Inset: Raymond Carmona (Tarrant County Corrections Center). Background: The Casey”s gas station…

Trump Demands Death Penalty for Nancy Guthrie Kidnappers: A Bold Stance on Justice

During a call on Tuesday, the U.S. President issued a stern warning,…

Daylight Heist: Melbourne Jeweller Attacked with Hammer in Bold Robbery

A shopkeeper has been hospitalised after being hit on the head with…

Police Report: Man Allegedly Plotted Sister’s Crossbow Attack Since Christmas

Background: The home in Lawrence, N.Y., where Samy Sedhom allegedly fired a…

Inmate Faces 40 New Charges for Staggering 139 Calls to Victim on Jail’s Free Phone Service

Staff Report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Landon Kirell Coleman, aged 22, currently incarcerated…

Man Allegedly Kills Longtime Girlfriend After Club Outing Seen on Snapchat, Police Report

Inset: Nicholas J. Gandy (Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The area in…

Fear at the Mosque: Families Terrified as Threatening Letters Target Children’s Safety

Sydney‘s Lakemba Mosque has received its third threatening letter on the eve…

Tragic Collision Claims Life of Beloved Teacher as Man Escapes ICE Traffic Stop

Insets: Linda Davis (Savannah-Chatham County Public School System) and Oscar Vasquez Lopez…

Man Transports Stabbing Victim to Walgreens for First Aid Following In-Car Assault: Police Report

Background: The Walgreens on River Road North in Keizer, Oregon (Google Maps).…

Escalation in Sydney’s Underworld: Police Probe Trio of Incidents Within Days

Sydney’s underworld war is out of the shadows with a home sprayed…

Shocking Turn of Events: Man in Body Armor Claims Self-Defense in Deadly Child Visitation Confrontation

Left: Nicholas Michael Mimms (Cherokee County Sheriff”s Office). Right: Eduardo “Eddie” Gilberto…

Shocking Downtown Shooting: Juvenile Defendants Face Adult Charges

By Staff Writers GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Devone Antonio Lock, 16, and Cameron…