12-Year-Old Girl’s Remains in Bin Behind Abandoned House; Had Been Dead for a Year
Share this @internewscast.com

Recent court documents have shed light on a tumultuous family custody battle involving a 12-year-old girl from Connecticut, whose lifeless body was discovered last week on an abandoned property.

Jacqueline Torres’s mother, Karla Garcia, and her boyfriend, Jonatan Nanita, face charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Additionally, Garcia’s sister, Jackelyn Garcia, has been accused of tampering with evidence, according to a report from CrimeOnline. Karla Garcia is also charged with child cruelty.

Authorities suspect that Jacqueline Torres was killed during the fall of last year.

According to WVIT’s obtained documents, Jacqueline primarily resided with her paternal grandmother, Patricia Delgado, for much of her life. However, in 2022, custody was transferred to Karla Garcia.

Delgado expressed her distress in the court records, stating, “DCF (the state Department of Children and Families) took her away from me. I felt they forced me to hand over the girl and I went to court and they told me that the grandmother no longer had any rights to take or even see the child.” She alleged that Garcia was obstructing the family’s communication with Jacqueline.

Jonatan Nanita, Karla Garcia, and Jackelyn Garcia/Farmington Police Department

In the subsequent year, Jacqueline’s father, Victor Torres, initiated legal action against Garcia, alleging that she violated the terms of their custody agreement.

“I want to see my children weekend like agreed when given joint custody. Or any day for that matter,” Torres wrote.

Following that court filing, Garcia filed for full custody, which was granted in June 2024. Police say Jacqueline was murdered just a few months later.

Police found the body last week when they were called to investigate a report of suspicious behavior. They found a large container along the fence line in the backyard of the abandoned home. Inside was Torres’s body in an advanced stage of decomposition.

Police said during a news conference that they were told of someone dropping things off — including the storage bin where the remains were found.

The Garcias and Nanita are due in court on November 14.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Trump Expected to Pursue Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Following Dismissal of RICO Case

Left: Donald Trump speaks at the annual Road to Majority conference in…

Urgent: Search Underway for Missing 55-Year-Old American Woman on Caribbean Cruise

Authorities are appealing to the public for help in finding a woman…

Kentucky Man Arrested for Allegedly Injuring Girlfriend’s Child During Diaper Change

A Kentucky resident has been detained on charges of child abuse following…

Father Allegedly Threatens Son with Harm After Refusing to Provide Food: Deputies Report

Background: Beason Rd. in Orangeburg, S.C. (Google Maps). Inset: Thomas Baker (Orangeburg…

Chilling Phone Call Emerges After Scientist’s Tragic Fall

On a grim November night in 1953, Frank Olson, a scientist involved…

Unveiling Secrets: Exclusive Interview with Maureen ‘Cookie’ Rowan’s Daughter on the Little Miss Panasoffkee Cold Case

Press release from TheColdCases.com GAINESVILLE, Fla. – In a poignant revelation, TheColdCases.com…

Mystery Deepens: Unanswered Questions Surround Discovery of Body in Hospital Water Tank

Oklahoma authorities remain engaged in an ongoing investigation following the unsettling discovery…

Florida Resident Charged in Girlfriend’s Murder, Initially Claimed ICE Abduction to Friend

In a chilling turn of events, a Florida man who initially reported…

Shocking Courtroom Drama: Man’s Unbelievable List of Demands Leaves Everyone Speechless

Inset: Zachary Heckathorn (Martins Ferry Police Department). Background: The church where Heckathorn…

Tragic End: ‘Lobster Boy’ Circus Performer Fatally Shot by Hired Teenager

On November 29, 1992, the world of circus entertainment was rocked by…

Father Calls 911 Requesting Removal of 11-Year-Old Son After Food Request Leads to Confrontation

A father from South Carolina has landed in jail following accusations that…

Shocking Family Violence: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested for Assaulting 95-Year-Old Mother

Inset: John Earl Black (Lee County Sheriff”s Office). Background: The 9000 block…