Internewscast
Image default
News World News

Dog swallows 26 golf balls leaving his owner with £2,500 vet bill

A dog swallowed 26 whole golf balls and rubber gloves while out on walks with his owner.

Neil Taylor, 50, from Westerhope, Newcastle, regularly walks Alfie, his ten-year-old giant schnauzer through a golf course near their home.

But to his surprise Alfie had been eating stray golf balls during their recent walks.

Neil Taylor, 50, from Westerhope, Newcastle, regularly walks Alfie, his ten-year-old giant schnauzer through a golf course near their home

Neil Taylor, 50, from Westerhope, Newcastle, regularly walks Alfie, his ten-year-old giant schnauzer through a golf course near their home

Neil Taylor, 50, from Westerhope, Newcastle, regularly walks Alfie, his ten-year-old giant schnauzer through a golf course near their home

He only found out after Alfie became poorly and then proceeded to vomit up four golf balls in Mr Taylor’s back garden.

An X-ray at the vet revealed another 15 golf balls stuck inside his stomach. Vets operated and found another six hiding in his tummy, bringing the total up to 26.

They also removed rubber gloves, a ball of string and multiple bits of wood from the hungry pooch’s stomach.

Mr Taylor, who has owned Alfie since he was a puppy said: ‘When I came home he was passed out in the back garden, and he only came too when I carried him into the house.

Alfie had been gobbling up stray golf balls during their recent walks. They only found out after Alfie became poorly and then proceeded to vomit up four golf balls in Mr Taylor's back garden

Alfie had been gobbling up stray golf balls during their recent walks. They only found out after Alfie became poorly and then proceeded to vomit up four golf balls in Mr Taylor's back garden

Alfie had been gobbling up stray golf balls during their recent walks. They only found out after Alfie became poorly and then proceeded to vomit up four golf balls in Mr Taylor’s back garden

The operation took place on June 16, and Alfie was home two days later - having incurred a £2,500 bill

The operation took place on June 16, and Alfie was home two days later - having incurred a £2,500 bill

The operation took place on June 16, and Alfie was home two days later – having incurred a £2,500 bill

‘I only have one dog and he’s like my son. It was a huge relief when we were given the all clear by the vets.’

The operation took place on June 16, and Alfie was home two days later – having incurred a £2,500 bill.

‘He has been recovering well from the operation,’ he said.

‘It’s lovely to have him acting like his normal, playful self again.

‘We are currently in the middle of an insurance claim, and there is a likelihood we aren’t covered for an incident like this.’

‘The vet bills are about £2,500, which we may now have to pay, but I’m not too bothered. If it means I get to keep my dog then I’m still a happy man.’

Neil works as a mechanical supervisor on a building site, and is married to his wife Helen. They have two children.

An X-ray at the vet revealed another 15 golf balls stuck inside his stomach, pictured above

An X-ray at the vet revealed another 15 golf balls stuck inside his stomach, pictured above

An X-ray at the vet revealed another 15 golf balls stuck inside his stomach, pictured above

Vets operated and found another six hiding in his tummy, bringing the total up to 26. The golf balls are pictured above

Vets operated and found another six hiding in his tummy, bringing the total up to 26. The golf balls are pictured above

Vets operated and found another six hiding in his tummy, bringing the total up to 26. The golf balls are pictured above

Related posts

Leave a Comment