Jimmy Kimmel breaks silence with politically charged first post
Share this @internewscast.com

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Jimmy Kimmel returned to social media for the first time since his late-night show was abruptly pulled from ABC’s lineup.

The 56-year-old television host took to Instagram on Tuesday to share a tribute that many followers interpreted as a subtle comment on the controversy swirling around his show.

‘Missing this guy today,’ Kimmel wrote alongside a photo of himself with legendary TV producer Norman Lear, who passed away in December 2023. 

Norman Lear, renowned for creating iconic sitcoms like All in the Family and The Jeffersons, was a passionate advocate for free speech and the First Amendment.

This Instagram post marked Kimmel’s initial public statement since ABC revealed last week that Jimmy Kimmel Live! would be “temporarily suspended” following his contentious remarks regarding the death of conservative commentator Charlie Kirk.

As reported by Variety, ABC’s decision followed a threat from Nexstar Media, which manages numerous affiliate stations nationwide, to remove Kimmel’s show from its schedule.

Jimmy Kimmel returned to social media for the first time since his late-night show was abruptly pulled from ABC's lineup

Jimmy Kimmel returned to social media for the first time since his late-night show was abruptly pulled from ABC’s lineup

The dispute quickly became a flashpoint in the ongoing debate over free speech, political satire, and the limits of late-night comedy.

Although Kimmel hasn’t directly responded to his comments about Kirk, followers believe his reference to Lear—a figure celebrated for challenging norms in television and embracing political and cultural debates—carries significant meaning.

Disney announced on Monday that it was reversing the ‘indefinite’ hiatus ordered Monday amid backlash to Kimmel’s suspension.

In his monologue on September 15, Kimmel stated: ‘We’ve reached new depths over the weekend, with the MAGA crowd intensely attempting to portray this kid who murdered Charlie Kirk as anything other than one of their own, doing everything possible to gain political leverage from it.’

He was reprimanded Wednesday by Carr, who told conservative podcaster Benny Johnson that he was considering an investigation into Kimmel and ABC over the comments.

Executives at Sinclair and Nexstar responded by telling told ABC and Disney they would not be airing Kimmel’s show until the comments were addressed.

A spokesman for Kirk’s media company, Turning Point USA, has called on both broadcasters to not ‘cave.’

Additionally, Sinclair called on Kimmel to issue a direct apology to the Kirk family and also make ‘a meaningful personal donation to the Kirk Family and Turning Point USA.’

Carr, during his conversation with Johnson, called an apology ‘a very reasonable, minimal step that can be taken’.

It remains unclear whether Kimmel will issue an apology during his show Tuesday.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Pregnant Dianne Buswell Shuts Down Critics Over Baby Bump Visibility

Dianne Buswell, the vibrant dancer known from Strictly Come Dancing, recently responded…

Katie Price Intends to Reunite in Matrimony with Lee Andrews, Defying Advisories

Katie Price is taking a bold step forward, disregarding her family’s cautions…

NRL Athlete Luke Bateman Reveals Why ‘I’m A Celebrity’ Marks His Final TV Appearance

As the grand finale of “I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of…

Matt Bellamy and Elle Evans Call It Quits: Inside the Muse Frontman’s Breakup with Model Wife

It appears that Matt Bellamy, the lead singer of Muse, has parted…