US strike eliminates al Qaeda operative connected to ISIS ambush that killed 3 Americans in Syria
Share this @internewscast.com

On Saturday, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) confirmed the elimination of an al Qaeda leader in northwest Syria. This individual had direct links to an ISIS operative responsible for the December 13 attack that claimed the lives of two American service members and an interpreter.

The deceased, Bilal Hasan al-Jasim, was recognized by CENTCOM officials as a seasoned terrorist leader involved in planning attacks. He was “directly connected” to the ISIS assailant who targeted both American and Syrian personnel in Palmyra, Syria, last month.

“The elimination of a terrorist tied to the deaths of three Americans underscores our commitment to pursuing those who threaten our forces,” stated CENTCOM commander Adm. Brad Cooper. “No one who conducts or inspires attacks on American citizens and military personnel is beyond our reach. We will find them.”

In response to the December 13 attack, CENTCOM initiated extensive strikes across Syria.

The U.S. troops who were killed and wounded in Saturday’s ambush attack in Syria were members of the Iowa National Guard, a senior U.S. official told Fox News.

On that day, two members of the Iowa National Guard and an American interpreter lost their lives in an ISIS ambush. (Images courtesy of History/Universal Images Group via Getty Images and Delil Souleiman/AFP via Getty Images)

As part of Operation Hawkeye Strike, U.S. forces, along with their partners, targeted over 100 ISIS sites, encompassing infrastructure and weaponry, deploying more than 200 precision munitions.

More than 300 ISIS operatives were captured and more than 20 were killed across Syria within the past year, according to CENTCOM.

U.S. Special Envoy for Syria Tom Barrack met with Syrian President Ahmed al-Sharaa, Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani, and members of their team in Damascus on Jan. 10 to discuss recent developments in Aleppo and the broader path forward for Syria’s historic transition.

U.S. soldier in Syria

US forces patrol the town of Tel Maaruf, in Syria’s northeastern Hasakeh province. (Delil Souleiman / AFP via Getty Images)

In a statement on X, Barrack said President Donald Trump agreed to lift sanctions in order to “give Syria a chance” to move forward. 

“The United States Government welcomes Syria’s historic transition and extends its support to the Syrian government under President Ahmed al-Sharaa as it works to stabilize the country, rebuild national institutions, and fulfill the aspirations of all Syrians for peace, security, and prosperity,” Barrack wrote in the post.

REPUBLICAN SENATOR CONDEMNS ALLEGED SYRIAN ARMY ABUSES AS CEASEFIRE FOLLOWS ALEPPO FIGHTING 

He added Syrian government has reaffirmed its commitment to the March 2025 integration agreement with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), but called developments in Aleppo that “appear to challenge the terms of this agreement,” deeply concerning.

“We urge all parties to exercise maximum restraint, immediately cease hostilities, and return to dialogue in accordance with the March 10 and April 1, 2025 agreements between the Syrian government and the SDF,” Barrack wrote. “Violence risks undermining the progress achieved since the fall of the Assad regime and invites external interference that serves no party’s interests. … The objective remains a sovereign, unified Syria—at peace with itself and its neighbors—where equality, justice, and opportunity are extended to all its people.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Why Chicago had dust on cars Wednesday: Smoke from Oklahoma Ranger Road Fire in atmosphere, making for 'dirty rain' Wednesday

Chicago Cars Coated in Dust: Oklahoma Wildfire Smoke Causes Unusual ‘Dirty Rain

CHICAGO — Did you find your car cloaked in a layer of…
California avalanche that killed 8 is deadliest in state history

Tragic Avalanche Claims Eight Lives in California’s Most Lethal Snow Disaster

The tragic avalanche that occurred near Lake Tahoe, California, this week has…
Second skier killed at Northstar Ski Resort in Truckee

Tragic Incident: Second Skier Fatality at Northstar Ski Resort Shocks Truckee Community

A skiing outing turned tragic for a California man who lost his…
Boyfriend of woman missing for weeks accused of dismembering her, sending disturbing messages from her phone

Partner of Missing Woman Charged with Dismemberment and Sending Disturbing Messages from Her Phone

A chilling case has emerged in North Dakota where a young man…
8 skiers found dead, 1 missing after massive Lake Tahoe avalanche

Tragic Lake Tahoe Avalanche Claims Lives of 8 Skiers, 1 Still Unaccounted For

Authorities have reported that eight skiers who went missing following an avalanche…
Richard McClung killed after small plane crashes in neighborhood on Springmeadow Drive in Poplar Grove, Boone County Coroner says

Tragic Plane Crash Claims Life of Richard McClung on Springmeadow Drive in Poplar Grove, Confirms Boone County Coroner

A tragic incident unfolded in Boone County as a small plane crash…
11 arrested in France for the beating death of far-right student

French Authorities Detain 11 in Connection with Fatal Assault on Student Linked to Far-Right Movement

PARIS — French authorities have apprehended 11 individuals in connection with the…
Ski academy rocked by links to 'multiple' Lake Tahoe avalanche deaths

Tragic Avalanche Deaths in Lake Tahoe Raise Questions About Ski Academy Connections

A devastating avalanche near Lake Tahoe resulted in the tragic loss of…
'Worst paper I've ever seen'

Controversial Paper Sparks Outrage: Experts Criticize as ‘Worst Ever Seen

Kevin Hassett, a key economic advisor to President Trump, expressed sharp criticism…
Ex-FBI official flags possible scam as third alleged Nancy Guthrie letter emerges

Unraveling the Mystery: Expert Insights on DNA Testing Timelines in the Nancy Guthrie Case

In Tucson, Arizona, cutting-edge DNA analysis that marries crime scene samples with…
Clashes in the West Bank kill a 19-year-old Palestinian-American, Palestinian officials say

Tragic Loss: 19-Year-Old Palestinian-American Fatally Caught in West Bank Conflict

By MELANIE LIDMAN TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) — A tragic incident unfolded…
South Carolina mother Leigh McAlister disappeared during church conference in Atlanta found at hospital

Missing South Carolina Mom Found Safe at Atlanta Hospital After Church Conference Disappearance

A South Carolina mother vanished under puzzling circumstances during a church conference…