3.9k Share this
Alessia Cara is an award-winning Canadian singer-songwriter who started her music career at the age of 13 posting covers of songs that she performs on the online platform YouTube to showcase her ability and eventually gained a big enough following. She signed a record deal with EP Entertainment and Def Jam Recordings in 2014 and released her debut single “Here” the following year which peaked at number 19 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart and was a sleeper hit in the US, peaking at number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. She was inspired to write her famous song, Here, after a party that she had gone to that went horribly wrong. Her debut studio album, “Know-It-All” (2015), peaked at number 8 on the Canadian Albums Chart and at number 9 on the Billboard 200. She first appeared in the musical show “Backstage Diaries” as herself in 2015 in just one episode. She provided vocals to the character of Jane Willoughby, the cheerful middle child of the Willoughbys with a passion for singing, in the 2020 computer-animated comedy film The Willoughbys, based on the book of the same name by Lois Lowry. Alongside Alessia Cara, the film also stars the voices of Will Forte, Maya Rudolph, Terry Crews, Martin Short, Jane Krakowski, Seán Cullen, and Ricky Gervais. In 2022, she voiced the character of a singer named Selene in the Japanese-American anime television series Blade Runner: Black Lotus, based on the Blade Runner franchise.
What is Alessia Cara Famous For?
- Being a Canadian singer, and songwriter.
- For her albums “Know-It-All” (2015), “The Pains of Growing” (2018), “In the Meantime” (2021).
What is Alessia Cara Nationality?
Alessia Cara took birth on 11th July 1996 in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Her birth name is Alessia Caracciolo. She is Canadian-Italian by nationality and her ethnicity is mixed as her father is a first-generation Canadian-Italian, whereas her mother migrated from Italy. She has Italian descent. Her family is from Calabria. Her father was born in Canada to Italian parents, and her mother is an Italian immigrant. She follows Christianity religion and Cancer is her zodiac sign. She cut off her 25th birthday as of 2021.
About her parents, Alessia’s father is Vincenzo Caracciolo and her mother is Enza Ciccione. Born as the second child among four, she has three siblings namely Dario (Brother), Dante (Brother), and Danica (Sister).
Focusing on her education, Alessia attended Cardinal Ambrozic Catholic Secondary School from where she graduated in 2014. After that, she received scholarship offers from a number of universities. Later, she decided to take a year off and explore music and drama.
Alessia Cara Career Timeline
- Alessia Cara began singing at the age of 13. She then started posting covers of songs that she performs on the online platform YouTube to showcase her ability and eventually gained a big enough following
- Next, she signed a management deal with EP Entertainment in the year 2014. Further, she also started working on her debut album in the same year.
- Then, she released her official debut single entitled “Here” through Def Jam in April 2015 which was chosen as the “can’t-miss” track by “Spin”, as well as being listed as a “must hear song” by “Cosmopolitan” on 5th May 2015.
- On 29th July 2015, Cara made her television debut on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon”.
- Alongside, she released the EP “Four Pink Walls” which contained five songs, including her debut single.
- On 13th November 2015, her debut album, “Know-It-All”, was released.
- From January to April 2016, she embarked on her first headlining tour, the “Know-It-All Tour”, performing in various US and Canadian cities.
- She launched a music video for “Wild Things” on 7th March 2016.
- Also, she was announced to be one of the supporting acts of British alternative rock band Coldplay in the European and North American legs of their A Head Full of Dreams Tour in April 2016.
- On 3rd November 2016, the music video for her single “How Far I’ll Go”, from the Disney film “Moana”, was released and received over 230 million views on YouTube, as well as launched a music video for “Seventeen” on 15th December 2017.
- The music video of the song “Stay” by Zedd featuring Cara was released on 18th April 2017, as well she was featured on the song “1-800-273-8255” from Logic’s “Everybody” album. The song was released as a single on April 28, 2017, and also features American singer-songwriter, Khalid.
- She launched a teaser video following a week of cryptic Twitter posts on 1st June 2018, as well as posted lyrics to a new song on her social media accounts for fans to piece together on 9th June.
- The single, entitled “Growing Pains”, was released on 15th June 2018. Further, the music video was released on 20th June 2018.
- Her next single titled “A Little More”, was released on 11th July 2018.
- On 29th September 2018, the Canadian Football League announced that Cara would be the halftime performer at the 106th Grey Cup.
- She released another song, entitled “Trust My Lonely” on 5th October 2018 and “Not Today” on 13th November 2018.
- Her second studio album, “The Pains of Growing”, was released on November 30, 2018, and debuted at number 1 on the US iTunes Pop Charts, less than two hours after its release.
- In addition, she released the song titled, “Out of Love” in January 2019 and collaborated with Alec Benjamin on “Let Me Down Slowly”, which was released on 7th January 2019.
- She next announced that she would join Shawn Mendes as the opening act on his self-titled world tour for the European, United Kingdom, and United States legs on 21st February 2019.
- She announced the release of an EP, “This Summer” in July 2019, as well she also announced that she will be adding a new leg of “The Pains of Growing Tour,” visiting various US cities in October and November.
- Her first single of the EP, “Ready” was released on 22nd July, and her second single, “Rooting for You” was released on 9th August, whereas its third single, “OKAY OKAY” was released on 23rd August alongside the fourth single, “October” was released on 3rd September.
- She was also featured in Bastille’s song “Another Place” which peaked at number 18 on Billboard Hot Rock Songs.
- On 6th March 2020, she collaborated with American singer and songwriter Lauv for the song “Canada” on Lauv’s debut album, “How I’m Feeling”.
- On 3rd April 2020, she released “I Choose”, for the 2020 Netflix animated movie “The Willoughbys”, where she made her debut voice role in a film for the character “Jane Willoughby”.
- On 17th July 2020, she released her first live EP, “This Summer: Live Off The Floor”, which features live, reimagined performances of the songs off of This Summer, as well as three bonus tracks and an intro that interpolates Summertime by George Gershwin.
- On 2nd July 2021, she announced that the lead singles “Sweet Dream” and “Shapeshifter” from her third studio album would be released on 15th July 2021.
- On 2nd August 2021, it was announced that Cara would be releasing “The Use In Trying”, an original song for the 2021 animated movie “Paw Patrol: The Movie”, on 10th August 2021.
- It was announced that Cara wrote and sang “Feel You Now”, the theme song for “Blade Runner: Black Lotus” on 5th August 2021.
- On 2nd September 2021, she revealed the album’s cover and announced that it is titled “In the Meantime” and would be released on 24th September 2021.
- On 10th September 2021, she collaborated with the Mexican rock band The Warning, on a cover of “Enter Sandman”, which was released on the charity tribute album The Metallica Blacklist.
- On 24th September 2021, her album “In the Meantime” was released alongside the music video for the song “Best Days”.
- On 23rd December 2021, the 2021 edition of Yearly Departed was released on Amazon Prime Video, featuring Cara performing “My Heart Will Go On” at the end of the production.
Alessia Cara Awards and Achievements
Alessia Cara is an award-winning singer who has accumulated many awards throughout her career. She has won 17 awards out of 73 nominations. In 2018, she became the first Canadian artist to ever win the Grammy Award for Best New Artist. She has also received nominations at the American Music Awards and Billboard Music Awards and won an iHeartRadio Music Award, five Juno Awards, two MTV Video Music Awards, and an MTV Europe Music Award. Her debut single “Here” earned her six nominations at the 2016 iHeartRadio MMVAs and a nomination for Single of the Year at the Juno Awards. Releasing “1-800-273-8255” in collaboration with American rapper Logic and singer Khalid, she received nominations for Best Collaboration and Best Video with a Social Message at the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards and won for Best Video at the 2018 iHeartRadio MMVAs. At the 60th Annual Grammy Awards, “1-800-273-8255” received nominations for Song of the Year and Best Music Video, “Stay” was nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, and Cara won for Best New Artist.
Who is Alessia Cara Boyfriend?
Alessia Cara is not married yet and she is still to get married. At present, she is assumed to be single as there is no news and rumors regarding her relationship and affairs with anyone neither has mentioned anything about her new boyfriend to the media. She is enjoying her present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, her name has been tied with celebrities including Kevin Garrett (2016-2018), and Jamie Oliver (2015).
What is Alessia Cara Net Worth?
Alessia Cara is a talented and successful singer and songwriter who began her singing career at the age of 13 and she is still active in the field of singing. She has released several albums and songs throughout her career and also she has collaborated with many singers. Today, she has reached great heights in her career and she still has a lot more to do. She has accumulated a net worth of $5 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth is from singing industry. Further, she is also making a considerable amount of money and salary from her career work. Besides this, she has appeared in “The Sound Drop” commercial from which she earns a fine amount of money. Today, she is living a lavish lifestyle from earnings and she is residing in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In July 2015, she got endorsed by Taylor Swift on social media for creating a playful acoustic cover of her Bad Blood song on BBC Radio 1’s Piano Sessions.
Alessia Cara Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Alessia Cara is a beautiful actress standing at a perfect height of 5 ft 1 in or 155 cm or 1.55 m. Her bodyweight is 55 kg or 121 lbs. She has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is also the same. Her body type is average. Her body measurements are 34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm. She has a pleasant smile with a glowing face attracting a lot of people to her. She has revealed on separate occasions that she experiences synesthesia, and also has keratosis pilaris and alopecia areata. She has also been open about her struggles with mental health and insomnia.
Source: Gossip Gist