Share this @internewscast.com
Barbara Ann Corcoran, popularly known as Barbara Corcoran is an American businesswoman, investor, speaker, consultant, syndicated columnist, author, and television personality. She is famous for appearing as “Shark” (investor) in all 12 seasons of ABC’s Shart Tank to date. She founded The Corcoran Group in 1973 which she sold for $66 million in 2001.
She is a columnist for More, The Daily Review, and Redbook, New York Daily News. She has also written several books. She hosts The Millionaire Broker with Barbara Corcoran on CNBC.
What is Barbara Corcoran Famous For?
- One of the “Shark” investors in all 12 seasons of ABC’s Shart Tank.
Where is Barbara Corcoran From?
Barbara Corcoran was born on 10 March 1949. Her birth name is Barbara Ann Corcoran. Her birth place is in Edgewater, New Jersey in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to her father, Edwin W. Corcoran Jr., and her mother, Florence Corcoran. She has nine siblings. She belongs to the white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity.
Regarding her educational background, she attended a local Catholic elementary school and later attended St. Cecilia High School and Leonia High School. After high school, he attended St. Thomas Aquinas College. He graduated with a degree in education in 1971.
Barbara Corcoran Career
- After graduating from college, she spent a year as a school teacher.
- She then worked several jobs including waitress and receptionist.
- Her then-boyfriend convinced her to work for a real estate company.
- She co-founded the real estate brokerage, Corcoran-Simone with her boyfriend in 1973. Her boyfriend loaned her $1000.
- After she split from her boyfriend, she formed her own firm, The Corcoran Group. They separated after seven years after he told her he was going to marry her secretary.
- She sold her business to NRT for $66 million in 2001.
- She is one of the original “Sharks” (investors) of the ABC show, Shark Tank.
- It is a business reality tv show where entrepreneurs make their business presentations and the sharks decide whether to invest in their company.
- She is one of the sharks in all 12 seasons of Shark Tank to date.
- As of February 2020, she has made 53 deals on the show, the largest being a $350,000 investment for 40% of Coverplay.
- She began publishing The Corcoran Report, a newsletter covering real estate data trends in New York City in the mid-1970s.
- She is a columnist for More, The Daily Review, and Redbook.
- She writes a weekly column in the New York Daily News.
- She has authored several books.
- She is the host of the CNBC show, The Millionaire Broker with Barbara Corcoran.
- She also hosts “Business Unusual” and podcast, 888-Barbara.
Who is Barbara Corcoran Husband?
Barbara Corcoran is a married woman. He is married to Bill Higgins, a retired Navy captain who participated in the Gulf War and a former FBI agent. They got married in 1988. The couple has two children, a son, Tom, born via in vitro fertilization with an egg donated by her sister Florence, and an adopted daughter, Kate.
What is Barbara Corcoran Height?
Barbara Corcoran stands around the height of 1.65 m i.e. 5 feet and 5 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 130 lbs i.e. 59 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is greyish-blue and her hair color is blonde.
Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Barbara Corcoran Net Worth?
Barbara Corcoran is a businesswoman and investor famous as one of the investors of the tv show, Shark Tank. She has business investments in several projects. She is the founder of The Corcoran Group, a real estate firm that she sold for $66 million in 2001. She made her fortune from several business ventures. She purchased a 2700-square-foot apartment in a co-op building on Park Avenue for $3.5 million in 2001. She purchased a penthouse unit on Fifth Avenue for $10 million in 2015. At present, her net worth is estimated at around $100 million.
Did You Know?
- Her father was an occasional heavy drinker.
- At times, her family relied on deliveries of free food from a friendly local grocer.
- She struggled throughout her schooling due to dyslexia.
- By age 23, she had worked a total of 20 jobs.
- She has been featured on Lary King Live and NBC’s Today show.
- She was a contestant on the 25th season of Dancing with the Stars.
- She held a mock funeral for her 70th birthday.
- Her hobbies are skiing and going to the beach.
Source: Gossip Gist