Blac Youngsta is an American rapper who is currently signed to Yo Gotti’s label Collective Music Group (CMG) and Epic Records. He is famous for his breakout song “Heavy” which was released in 2015 and gained huge fame. He is also renowned for his 2017 single “Hip Hopper” and 2018 single “Booty”, which became the most successful, with the latter peaking at number 73 on the Billboard Hot 100. Both songs appear on his debut studio album 223 (2019), which peaked at number 42 on the Billboard 200. He released his debut mixtape “Fast Bricks” in 2012. He released his debut studio album, “223”, through Epic in February 2018.
What makes Blac Youngsta so famous?
- Being a rapper from Memphis.
- For his breakout song “Heavy” in 2015 and for his single “Booty”.
What is Blac Youngsta Real Name? Know About His Family, Early Life, and Childhood
Blac Youngsta was born on April 8, 1990, in McMillan Street, a poor area on the south side of Memphis, Tennessee. He is from Memphis, Tennessee, the USA. As of 2021, he celebrated his 31st birthday. His real name is Samuel Marquez Benson. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is African-American. Aries is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. With his siblings, he spent his childhood. He alongside his younger brothers were raised by their grandparents. Despite both of his grandparents having jobs, they earned very little and struggled to put food on the table. Benson’s grandfather managed to get him a job at a local grocery store when he was just 7 years old, however, he was fired when the manager caught him placing fake orders to the store in order to take the food home for him and his brothers. After he lost his job, he then began selling drugs and served numerous sentences in prison for drug and gun charges. He began hosting local block parties which made him locally popular in South Memphis in 2012. More information about his education, father, and mother has not been disclosed yet.
Blac Youngsta Career Timeline
- Benson began pursuing his music career releasing his debut mixtape “Fast Bricks” in 2012.
- After releasing his debut mixtape, he took the stage name ‘Blac Youngsta’.
- He then released three mixtapes as part of his “Fast Bricks” series, from 2012 to 2014.
- In 2015, his breakout song “Heavy” was released which made him nationwide popular. The song gained the attention of Yo Gotti, who appeared on the song’s remix and signed Blac Youngsta to his Collective Music Group label.
- His first mixtape as a member of CMG, “I Swear To God”, was released on 24th September 2015, and featured guest appearances from Yo Gotti and Boosie Badazz.
- Next, he released a mixtape titled “Young & Reckless” in March 2016 followed by “Fuck Everybody”, released in September 2016, with features from Young Thug, Quavo, Jacquees, and YFN Lucci.
- He released “Illuminati”, his fourth mixtape as a member of CMG in February 2017.
- Then, he established his own label imprint under CMG, Heavy Camp, and released a mixtape titled, “I’m Innocent”.
- He signed his first major-label deal with Epic Records in December 2017.
- After that, he released his debut studio album, “223” in February 2018 through Epic.
- The album charted on the Billboard 200, peaking at number 42 which spawned the successful single “Booty”, which charted on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number 73 and was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- He released a sequel to his 2016 mixtape, “Fuck Everybody”, with “Fuck Everybody 2” in August 2018.
- He released his EP, “Cut Up” in May 2019. He also announced via Twitter that his second studio album will be called “Church on Sunday” in August 2019. The album was released at the end of the same month.
- He was featured on Moneybagg Yo’s song “1 2 3” in January 2020, which would later be released as a single in April 2020 and chart on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, earning him his second charting single on that chart.
Yo Gotti Seemingly Speaks on Rumors That CMG Dropped Blac Youngsta
On Monday (December 27), reports circulated suggesting the Memphis, Tennessee rapper had been dropped from Yo Gotti’s Collective Music Group label but it turns out that’s far from the truth. On Tuesday (December 28), Yo Gotti took to Twitter to set the record straight regarding Blac Youngsta’s alleged CMG exit. “LIL bro A BOSS He Can’t Be Dropped #CMG #HeavyCamp,” he wrote, reassuring fans that Blac Youngsta is still very much a part of his CMG empire. Gotti also denounced the reports as “Fake News” while writing, “I’m seeing too much Rap [cap] on these blogs.” While the initial reports didn’t provide any explanation behind Blac Youngsta’s since-debunked CMG exit, many fans believed it had something to do with his actions following the death of Young Dolph, who was murdered in Memphis last month. o Gotti had a longstanding feud with Dolph stemming from him snubbing a CMG deal in 2014, but while Gotti’s decision to delay the release of his CM10 mixtape was seen as him honoring his former foe, Black Youngsta’s moves have been anything but respectful.
Awards and Achievements
- Won ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards for his work in 2019 “Booty” under the category of Award-Winning R&B/Hip Hop Songs
Black Youngsta Personal Life: Who is he dating?
Black Youngsta is an unmarried man. He is still to get married. His love life is still to get revealed as he has not stated anything about it. Thus, he is assumed to be single at present as there is also no news and rumors about his dating and relationship with anyone at present. He has kept his romantic life low-key. He is enjoying his present life happily and it seems he is focusing on his career. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. The rapper was once rumored to be gay. However, he denied the rumor.
Black Youngsta Legal Issues
- Police were called to a Wells Fargo branch in downtown Atlanta, Georgia after Blac Youngsta withdrew $200,000 from his bank account in order to purchase a car on 8th January 2016 as workers allegedly believed Blac Youngsta was robbing the bank after he was seen leaving the bank with the money. He later accused the police and staff at the bank of racial profiling, claiming he was arrested for being “young and black”.
- Blac surrendered himself to police on charges related to a shooting involving fellow Memphis rapper Young Dolph, in which Youngsta and his associates are alleged to have fired over 100 rounds into Young Dolph’s SUV on 16th May 2016. He was released on bond the same day, charged with six counts of discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling or moving vehicle and felony conspiracy. In May 2019, the charges were dropped.
What is Blac Youngsta Net Worth and Salary?
Blac Youngsta is a talented and brilliant actor. As of 2022, the net worth of Black Youngsta is believed to have $5 Million. He is making an annual salary of $200,000 at present. He has made most of his empire through his record sales and tours. His main source of wealth is from the music industry. Releasing several mix-tapes, he has also made a decent amount of money. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Blac Youngsta?
Blac Youngsta is a cool rapper who stands tall at the perfect height of 175 cm or 1.75 m or 5 feet 7 inches. His balanced bodyweight consists of 78 kg. His other body information such as biceps size, chest size, and waist size is still to get disclosed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality. His hair color is black and he has a pair of dark brown eyes.
Source: Gossip Gist