5.9k Share this
Britt Ekland is a Swedish actress and a singer who is famous for her roles in movies such as “The Man with the Golden Gun”, “The Wicker Man”, “Machine Gun McCain”, “The Night They Raided Minsky’s”, and “Get Carter”. She has established herself as a movie sex symbol. She became one of the most photographed celebrities in the world during the 1970s owing to her marriage to Peter Sellers. Her other role in the films included “The Ultimate Thrill” (1974), “Royal Flash” (1975), “High Velocity” (1976) and “King Solomon’s Treasure” (1979), and into the 1980s starring in the likes of “Fraternity Vacation” (1985), “Moon in Scorpio” (1987) and “Scandal” (1989). Recently in 2020, she toured the country in a production of The Cat and the Canary playing Mrs. Pleasant.
What is Britt Ekland Famous For?
- Being a singer, author, director, and actress.
- For her role as a Bond girl in the 1974 film, “The Man with the Golden Gun”.
Who are the Parents of Britt Ekland?
Britt Ekland took birth on 6th October 1942 in Stockholm, Sweden. She holds Swedish nationality and her ethnic background is Swedish-White. Her birth name is Britt-Marie Eklund. About her parents, she was born to her mother, Maj Britt, and her father, Seven Axel Eklund. Her mum was a secretary and her dad ran an upscale clothing store in Stockholm and was captain of the Swedish national curling team. Her mother died because of Alzheimer’s disease in the 1980s, which had a deep effect on her. She was born among four children to her parents. Thus, she has three siblings; brothers. She has said that she was overweight for much of her childhood: “I was very heavy. God, I was brutal-looking. I always tried to be funny to make up for the fact that I was fat and ugly”. As of 2021, she celebrated her 79th birthday. Libra is her zodiac sign and his religion is Christianity.
Following his education, she attended a drama school. She later left school to travel with a theatre company and was spotted in a coffee shop while in Italy by a talent agent who sent her to London to audition for films.
Britt Ekland Career Timeline
- Britt Ekland started her acting career with the role in “G.I. Blues” (1960) which was then followed by “The Happy Thieves” in the same year.
- She was then seen in “Kort ar sommaren” (1962) and “Det ar hos mig han har varit” (1963), before her major role in “Advance to the Rear” (1964).
- She next appeared in the Christmas television film “A Carol for Another Christmas” with her then-husband, Peter Sellers in the year 1964 which was followed by “After the Fox” (1966), “The Bobo” (1967), “The Night They Raided Minsky’s” (1968), “Stiletto” (1969).
- She starred in a string of Italian films, Machine Gun McCain (1969), The Conspirators (1969), and Antigone in The Cannibals (1970).
- In the 1970s, she was known as a sex symbol and was one of the most famous celebrities.
- She was then cast in “Get Carter” (1971) and the cult classic “The Wicker Man” (1973).
- Her other roles included in the thriller The Ultimate Thrill (1974) and the British drama Baxter! (1973).
- She was cast in the TV film “The Six Million Dollar Man: Wine, Women, and War” (1973).
- Her next role came when she was cast as the lead Bond girl, Mary Goodnight, in the James Bond film “The Man with the Golden Gun” (1974).
- After that, she played a comedy role in “Royal Flash”.
- She also had supporting roles in independent films and appeared in the comedy film “Fraternity Vacation” (1985) which was followed by a role in the slasher film “Moon in Scorpio” (1988) and as prostitute Mariella Novotny in the feature film “Scandal” (1989).
- She also guest-starred on the popular TV series “Superboy”, playing an alien disguised as Lara.
- As an author, she published a beauty and fitness book, “Sensual Beauty: How to Achieve It” (1984).
- She also appeared in Beverly Hills Vamp (1989).
- In the BBC television series “I Love the ’70s” (1999), she hosted the 1971 episode in homage to her role as “Anna” in the film Get Carter.
- She appeared as a guest on the British daytime television show “Loose Women”, in January 2008.
- She took part in the reality TV show “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” where she was fourth to be voted off in the year 2010.
- She was one of the housewives of Svenska Hollywoodfruar (English: Swedish Hollywood Wives) on TV3 from 2012 to 2014.
- She participated in “Let’s Dance” in 2018 where she was the first to be eliminated on 30 March, placing 11th.
- In the year 2020, she appeared in Season 4 of BBC TV’s “The Real Marigold Hotel”. In the same year, she toured the country in a production of The Cat and the Canary playing Mrs. Pleasant. But the production halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the production resumed touring in late 2021.
Who is Britt Ekland Husband?
Britt Ekland is a married woman. She tied a knot to Peter Sellers who is a British actor and comedian. Peter proposed after seeing her photograph in the paper and then meeting in London. She stood by him after he suffered a series of heart attacks shortly after their marriage. She was also a stepmother to Sellers’ children Sarah and Michael. Britt and Peter are blessed with a daughter namely Victoria. Sadly, the couple divorced in the year 1968. Then, she had affairs with record producer Lou Adler with whom he had a son namely Nicolai Adler in June 1973. She also had a romance with a rock star Rod Stewart; they got introduced in 1975 by Joan Collins and lived together for over two years, with Ekland giving up her career to focus on the relationship. From the year 1979 to 1981, she dated and became engaged to Girl frontman and future L.A. Guns singer Phil Lewis. Later, they split and she married Stray Cats drummer Slim Jim Phantom, who was 19 years younger than her in the year 1984. They had a son namely Thomas Jefferson (born in 1988). Sadly, the couple did not last long and separated in 1992. At present, she is living a single life happily. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Britt Ekland Net Worth?
Britt Ekland is a talented singer as well as an actress whose net worth is believed to have $22 Million as of 2022. She has made this fortune through the film and music industry. Back in 1967, she was making a salary of $20k working with “The Double Man”. Her exact salary and career earnings are unavailable at a moment but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money from her career work. She is living a luxurious lifestyle as of today. She was part of a Carling Black Label beer commercial in 1983.
How tall is Britt Ekland?
Britt Ekland is a beautiful actress with an average height of 5 ft 5 in and her weight consist of around 58 Kg. Her hair color is blonde and her eye color is green. She has a body measurement of 33-24-33 and she wears a shoe size of 8 US. She also did lip plastic surgery, and she explained how it affected her appearance. In 2021, she revealed that she regrets that decision and thinks that it was the biggest mistake of her life.
Source: Gossip Gist