5.9k Share this
David Keith Lynch, popularly known as David Lynch is an American filmmaker, painter, visual artist, musician, and writer. Lynch is best known for her directorial work in films, The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, and Mulholland Drive. On television, he is known for creating Twin Peaks series. For his directorial works, he was awarded an Academy Honorary Award in 2019. He has received three Academy Award nominations for Best Director. He is also the recipient of several decorated honors as well. He is also involved in music, arts, and books.
What is David Lynch Famous For?
- Academy Award-winning director.
- Her directorial work in films, The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, and Mulholland Drive.
Where is David Lynch From?
David Lynch was born on 20 January 1946. His birth name is David Keith Lynch. His birth place is in Missoula, Montana in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, Donald Walton Lynch, and his mother, Edwina “Sunny” Lynch. He has two siblings, a brother, John, and a sister, Martha. He has Scottish, Irish, English ancestry on his father’s side and Finnish and German ancestry on his mother’s side. His family often moved around according to where the USDA assigned his father. He was raised Presbyterian. He belongs to white ethnicity and his zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Hammond High School. He was interested in painting and drawing from an early age. Thus, he attended Corcoran School of the Arts and Design and later transferred to the School of the Museum of Fine Arts. He had plans of pursuing painting as a career path when living in Virginia, where his friend’s father was a professional painter. However, he left his studies and traveled to Europe to meet Austrian expressionist painter Oskar Kokoschka in Salzburg. He returned to the United States after failing to meet Kokoschka. He enrolled at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts.
David Lynch Career
- David Lynch was serious about pursuing painting as a profession. He attended several arts schools.
- To support his family, he took a printing engravings job.
- He then started making short films in the late 1960s.
- He made his first short film, Six Men Getting Sick (Six Times) in 1967.
- He later created several short movies before moving to Los Angeles in 1971.
- He began studying filmmaking at the AFI Conservatory.
- He made his first feature-length film, Eraserhead which became a success on the midnight movie circuit. It was called one of the most important midnight movies of the 1970s.
- He directed the film, The Elephant Man which was based on the true story of Joseph Merrick.
- The film became a huge success critically and commercially and earned eight Academy Award nominations including Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay. He was also nominated for BAFTA Award and Golden Globe Awards for The Elephant Man.
- He directed the 1984 science fiction film, Dune and the 1986 mystery thriller film, Blue Velvet.
- Blue Velvet earned him his second Academy Award nomination for Best Director.
- He created his own television series, Twin Peaks that ran for two seasons from 1990 to 1991.
- He made the prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me in 1992.
- He earned numerous Primetime Emmy Award nominations for his work in Twin Peaks and its sequels.
- His other popular film works are Wild at Heart, The Straight Story, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Inland Empire among others.
- He was once again nominated for Academy Award for Best Director for Mulholland Drive in 2001.
- He co-wrote, directed, and starred in the revival of Twin Peaks in 2017.
- He made guest appearances on the Family Guy spin-off The Cleveland Show.
- He wrote, directed, and edited the 16-minute promotional film for Dior in 2010.
- Lynch is also known for his music endeavors mostly related to his films. He has produced, wrote, and designed several kinds of music.
- He has released three studio albums to date: BlueBOB (2001), Crazy Clown Time (2011), and The Big Dream (2013).
- He authored a short book, Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity in 2006.
- He published a biography-memoir hybrid, Room to Dream in 2018.
- He was awarded an Honorary Academy Award in 2019.
- He won two Cesar Award for Best Foreign Film.
- He won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival.
- He won a Golden Lion award for lifetime achievement at the Venice Film Festival.
- Lynch designed his personal website, a site exclusive to paying members, where he posts short videos and his absurdist series Dumbland, plus interviews and other items.
- He is reportedly working on a new project for Netflix.
Who is David Lynch Wife?
David Lynch married Peggy Lentz in 1967. They had a daughter, Jennifer Lynch, born in 1968. They divorced in 1974. He then married Mary Fish in 1977. They had a son, Austin Jack Lynch, born in 1982. They divorced in 1987. He then had a relationship with Mary Sweeney, with whom he shared a son, Riley Sweeney Lynch. They married and divorced in 2006. He married Emily Stofle in 2009. They share a child, Lula Boginia Lynch, born in 2012.
He lives with his family in Los Angeles, California.
How Tall is David Lynch?
David Lynch stands at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 172 lbs i.e. 78 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is gray. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is David Lynch Net Worth?
David Lynch is one of the most popular filmmakers in Hollywood. The majoring of his income comes from his filmmaking career. He has written, produced, and directed numerous hit projects either movies or television series. An Academy Award-winning director, Lynch also occasionally appears in several of his works. Besides filmmaking, he in into music and arts. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $70 million.
Source: Gossip Gist