Share this @internewscast.com
Fern Britton is an English TV presenter as well as an author. She started her career in television with Westward Television in Plymouth. She was a continuity broadcaster and newsreader on the nightly local bulletin Westward Diary. She is well-recognized for co-presenting “Breakfast Time” in the 1980s, coming to mainstream national attention when hosting the cookery game show “Ready Steady Cook” between 1994 and 2000 on BBC One. She presented ITV’s This Morning program from 1999 to 2009. After Britton left “This Morning”, she was replaced by Holly Willoughby. She began her TV career with Coast to Coast in 1984 and went on to work on other projects including The British Soap Awards, That’s What I Call Television, Fern Britton Meets…, The Big Allotment Challenge, Culinary Genius, Looking Good, Feeling Great and A Right Royal Quiz among the others. As an author, she has written and published several books including Hidden Treasures, New Beginnings, A Good Catch, A Cornish Carol, A Cornish Gift, Fern and Phil’s Family Food, and Winter Treats and Summer Delights, to name a few. She was one of the contestants in Strictly Come Dancing where she partnered with Artem Chigvintsev in 2012. Since 2010, she has also published a number of bestselling novels and books of short stories and non-fiction. She is still active in her profession and she has been working as a Television presenter.
What is Fern Britton Known For?
- Being a British author and television presenter.
- For co-presenting “Breakfast Time” in the 1980s and for hosting cookery game show “Ready Steady Cook” between 1994 and 2000 on BBC One.
Who are the Parents of Fern Britton? Know About Her Age, Family, and Education
Fern Britton was born on 17th July 1957 in Ealing, London, England. She is the daughter of English actor, Tony Britton (father) and Ruth Hawkins (mother). She cut her 64th birthday as of 2021. She is British by nationality and she belongs to British-White ethnic background. Her race is White. She also has two siblings namely Jasper Britton, and Cherry Britton. Her father passed away in 2019 at the age of 95, while her mother passed away at the age of 94 years. Cancer is her Zodiac sign and her religion is Christianity.
About her education, Britton attended Dr Challoner’s High School in Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire, and the Central School of Speech and Drama, where she trained in stage management.
Fern Britton Career Timeline
- Fern Britton started her early career as a broadcaster in March 1980 in Plymouth working for Westward Television as well as a newsreader on the weeknightly local bulletin Westward Diary.
- She then moved to the local BBC headquarters as a presenter with “Spotlight” in the South West.
- After moving to BBC 1’s “Breakfast Time”, she became the BBC’s youngest-ever national news presenter.
- In addition, she is also a stand-in co-presenter on “News After Noon”.
- Moreover, she co-hosts the South edition of the news program “Coast to Coast” with Fred Dinenage as well as Coast to Coast People, The Television Show, Magic Moments, and as a presenter with Stefan Buczacki, of “That’s Gardening”.
- After then, she joined London News Network’s “London Tonight”.
- In April 1993, she moved to FMTV to present the post-9:00 am slot, “Top of the Morning”.
- Later, she moved back to Carlton Television to present “After Five” in the year 1994. During the period, she appeared in the first two series of “The Brian Conley Show”.
- Since 1993, she has guest presented “The Morning” but from September 1999 she became a full-time host presenting the Friday edition with John Leslie. She became the main host of the series in 2002.
- Likewise, she has co-presented the reality television show “Soapstar Superstar” in 2006.
- Moreover, she hosted the Classical Brit Awards at the Royal Albert Hall on 31st May 2007, and also she co-hosted The British Soap Awards from 2006 until 2008 with Phillip Schofield.
- She then presented her own ITV Saturday night series called “That’s What I Call Television” in the year 2007.
- She co-presented a revival of the ITV show “Mr & Mrs” from 2008 to 2010.
- Sadly, she announced on 25th March 2009 stating that she was leaving “This Morning”, after 10 years. Her farewell This Morning program was aired on her 52nd birthday on 17th July 2009.
- She made her comeback to ITV in 2017, presenting the daytime series “Culinary Genius”.
- Further, she presented the television cookery gameshow “Ready Steady Cook” from 1994 until 2000.
- She has appeared twice as a panelist on the BBC show, “Have I Got News for You”, and guest presented on 27th April 2007 and on 17th October 2008.
- In the year 2009, she returned to the BBC and was a team captain on the BBC One trivia panel show “As Seen on TV”.
- Additionally, she hosted a series for BBC One called “Fern Britton Meets…”.
- Since the year 2014, she has presented “The Big Allotment Challenge” for BBC Two.
- In January 2016, she began presenting the BBC One antique game show “For What It’s Worth”.
- She appeared as a stand-in host on “The Paul O’Grady Show” for two weeks on 2nd November 2009.
- She also took part in the tenth series of “Strictly Come Dancing” where she was partnered with Artem Chigvintsev.
- Besides this, she took part in “Cinderella”, a pantomime in which she played the role of Dandini at the Mayflower Theatre in Southampton. It was in 1988.
- She was the subject of “This Is Your Life” in 2002.
- She played herself in a short film “Photoshopping” in May 2011.
- In January 2018, it was announced that she would play Marie in the touring production of “Calendar Girls The Musical”.
Fern Britton Bibliography
- New Beginnings (2011)
- Hidden Treasures (2012)
- The Holiday Home (2013)
- A Seaside Affair (2014)
- A Good Catch (2015)
- The Postcard (2016)
- Coming Home (2018)
- The Newcomer (2019)
- Daughters of Cornwall (2020)
- The Stolen Weekend (2014)
- A Cornish Carol (2014)
- The Beach Cabin (2015)
- A Cornish Gift (2017)
- Fern’s Family Favourites (1998)
- Winter Treats and Summer Delights (with Susie Magasiner) (1999)
- Fern and Phil’s Family Food (with Phil Vickery) (2003)
- Fern: The Autobiography (2008)
Fern Britton Married Life: Who is she married to?
Fern Britton was a married woman. Today, she is assumed to be single as she has revealed that she is not looking for love after her split with her ex-husband, Phil Vickery. She is leading a single life happily without any disturbances. She also claimed she is enjoying her “autonomy” for the time being. “I am enjoying not having to share life with somebody else,” she explained. “I’m not a man-hater. Men are great. I don’t think I’m prepared to hand over my autonomy just yet.” Appearing on Love Your Weekend with Alan Titchmarsh last month, Fern touched upon her personal life after the host asked: “Now life has changed for you, you are down in Cornwall on your own – are you happy, content?” “Well you know it’s another chapter and we all have chapters,” she replied. “But yeah, I’m in Cornwall and I’m living in a dear little house and I’m doing a bit of work to it, getting it nice. I’m building a little office, where I can sit and write.” In addition, she confessed she has been enjoying life in lockdown as her daughters have remained with her. “I’ve got the girls with me, my daughters, well I should say ‘our daughters’ because of Phil,” she continued. “They sort of got stuck there in lockdown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Her first marriage was with a TV executive, Clive Jones. The couple met each other and began their affair while Jones was still married. After a year, Britton broke off their affair but Jones turned up on her doorstep two days later, after leaving his wife for her. The couple then married on 12th November 1988 in Southsea. The duo is blessed with three children together: twin sons Jack and Harry (born 1994) and daughter Grace (born 1997). Her marriage to Jones disintegrated shortly afterward and the couple separated in January 1998. After a year of their separation, Britton started dating celebrity chef, Phil Vickery after they met on the set of BBC Two’s “Ready Steady Cook”. After her divorce was finalized, Britton and Phil married in the spring of 2000. The couple has a daughter namely Winnie (born August 2001). The duo has properties in Buckinghamshire and Cornwall as well. After 20 years of their marriage, they announced via their Twitter accounts on 29th January 2020 stating that they were separating.
Fern Britton Net Worth: What is Her Annual Salary?
Fern Britton is a talented TV presenter as well as an author whose estimated to have $5 Million as of 2021. She was making an annual salary of $1,000,000 as of 2020 whereas her present salary is between $1 Million – $3 Million as of 2021. Her main source of wealth is from the entertainment industry through various shows and hosts. Moreover, she has featured in advertisements for several companies and causes, including appearances as herself in advertisements for several Ryvita Minis, and in 2007 What’s it going to take? campaign for the charitable organization Women’s Aid. She is leading a standard lifestyle as of today.
Fern Britton Weight Loss: How tall is she?
Fern Britton is a beautiful woman who is liked by almost everyone for her unique appearance. She stands at a perfect height of 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m). She has a moderate weight. However, details regarding her actual weight and other body measurements are still to get unfolded yet. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is light brown. Overall, she has got a healthy body. Many people like her for her charming personality and she has impressed millions of viewers through her amazing TV skills. ern Britton has been pretty open about her battles with her weight. Back in 2008, the former This Morning star shed a huge five stone, going from a size 22 to a size 12, and the most important factor in her success was a gastric band, which involves putting a small band around the stomach to make it smaller and limit the amount it can contain (and therefore, the amount you can eat). She was completely transparent about the procedure and how it helped her lose weight and get healthier and spoke out about it in several interviews.
Source: Gossip Gist